Orange Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution that was founded in 1964. It's based in Orange, NSW but anyone can become a member. It offers one credit card, the Orange Credit Union Amigo, which offers low-cost features and Visa benefits.
Orange Credit Union Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Orange Credit Union
Low rate credit card
The Orange Credit Union Amigo Credit Card has a 13.99% p.a. interest rate for all balances, which is low compared to the average credit card interest rate of around 20%. It has flexible credit limits from $1,000 to $15,000 (subject to lending criteria and approval) and can be used all over the world, anywhere Visa is accepted. Its $49 annual fee is also similar to other low rate credit cards.
Benefits of an Orange Credit Union credit card
Same interest rate for all balances
While most credit cards charge different interest rates for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, the Orange Credit Union Amigo has the same 13.99% p.a. variable interest rate for these different types of transactions. This can make it easier to calculate potential interest charges and budget for repayments.
You can use an Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card in-store, online or over the phone with any business that accepts Visa payments. When you're shopping in a store, you'll get the added benefit of contactless payments, including no need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You also get access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
With this credit card, you get the protection of Visa's Zero Liability Policy for fraudulent transactions, and can report lost or stolen cards at any time of day by calling the 24-hour hotline on 1300 705 750. You can also track and manage you account details via phone, branch or Internet banking.
How to apply
You can apply for an Orange Credit Union credit card online by filling in a secure application form, which is hosted by Community First (the issuer of the Amigo credit card). Alternatively, you can request a callback or call Orange Credit Union on 02 6362 4466.
To get started, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Income. You must have a regular income.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. Your credit history should not show any defaults and you can't be an undischarged bankrupt. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit report and score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, email address and marital status. You may also include your driver's licence number or Orange Credit Union membership number if you have these details.
- Work details. This covers your employer's name and contact details, the length of employment, whether you're a contractor, part-time or full-time and your occupation. If you've been in your current job less than 3 years, you also need to provide details for your previous job.
- Income. This includes your main income, as well as income from other sources. To help verify these details, you also need to include your two most recent payslips and two years of payment summaries from your employer, or two years of tax assessment notices.
- Other financial details. This covers other assets such as savings, as well as expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, other loans and credit cards, plus your monthly share of living expenses.
Credit card brands similar to Orange Credit Union
If you want a credit card from a credit union or member-owned back, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare:
- Regional Australia Bank credit cards
- Southwest Slopes Credit Union credit cards
- Community First credit cards
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Orange Credit Union phone number: (02) 6362 4466
- Lost or stolen cards Visa hotline: 1300 705 750 in Australia or +61 2 8299 9534 overseas
- Orange Credit Union home loans
- Regional Australia Bank savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
Image: Orange Credit UnionBack to top
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert