Orange Credit Union Credit Cards
Find out about your credit card options with Orange Credit Union.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Orange Credit Union offers one credit card option: the low-cost Amigo Visa credit card. You can use this guide to learn more about this card, as well as key features and benefits you can get if you choose this option from Orange Credit Union.
Orange Credit Union Credit Cards
Type of Orange Credit Union credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Orange Credit Union Amigo Visa comes with a low ongoing interest rate for all balances, a competitive annual fee and up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. It also has flexible credit limits from $1,000 to $15,000 (subject to lending criteria and approval) and can be used all over the world, anywhere Visa is accepted.
Benefits of banking with Orange Credit Union
Some of the benefits of getting a credit card from Orange Credit Union include:
Same interest rate for all balances
While most credit cards charge a different interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, the Orange Credit Union Amigo has the same 13.99% p.a. variable interest rate for these different types of transactions.
You can use an Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card in-store, online or over the phone with any business that accepts Visa payments. When you're shopping in a store, you'll get the added benefit of contactless payments, including no need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You also get access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
With this credit card, you get the protection of Visa's Zero Liability Policy for fraudulent transactions, and can report lost or stolen cards at any time of day by calling the 24-hour hotline on 1300 705 750. You can also track and manage you account details via phone, branch or Internet banking.
How to apply for an Orange Credit Union credit card
You can apply for an Orange Credit Union credit card by downloading and completing an application form that's available on the credit union's website. Alternatively, you can call Orange Credit Union on 02 6362 4466. To get started, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Income. You need to have a regular income.
- Employment. You must have been in your current job for at least 3 months.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. Your credit history should not show defaults from any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards for the last 5 years. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit report and score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, email address and marital status. You may also include your driver's licence number or Orange Credit Union membership number if you have these details.
- Work details. This covers your employer's name and contact details, the length of employment, whether you're a contractor, part-time or full-time and your occupation. If you've been in your current job less than 3 years, you also need to provide details for your previous job.
- Income. This includes your main income, as well as income from other sources. To help verify these details, you also need to include your two most recent payslips and two years of payment summaries from your employer, or two years of tax assessment notices.
- Other financial details. This covers other assets such as savings, as well as expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, other loans and credit cards, plus your monthly share of living expenses.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Orange Credit Union credit card options? Check out our answers to the most commonly asked questions here, or leave your own question in the comment box below.
Image: Orange Credit UnionBack to top
More guides on Finder
Orange Credit Union Amigo Credit Card review
Pay on plastic for less with a low annual fee, competitive interest rate on purchases and cash advances and up to 55 interest-free days with the Orange Credit Union Amigo credit card.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.