After a credit card with $0 ongoing annual fee plus a low 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances? A ME credit card may be the right choice for you
ME provides a range of personal and business banking solutions which include transaction and savings accounts, term deposits, insurance solutions, and of course, credit cards. You can compare the rates, fees and features of ME bank's credit card offering below.
ME Credit Cards
Types of ME credit cards
ME offers only one credit card: the ME frank Credit Card. Find out about this low rate card option below.
Low rate credit cards
A typical low rate card charges a low ongoing rate on purchases, but usually charges a higher rate on cash advances. However, the ME frank credit card offers the same low rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances, which is a plus if you want to keep your interest costs to a minimum. The card doesn't attract any ongoing annual fees and offers up to 55 interest-free days when you pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period.
The benefits of banking with ME
The ME credit card offers a variety of perks and here’s what cardholders can look forward to when using their frank card:
Low interest rate
ME frank credit card’s low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. applies to purchases and cash advances alike. However, it's important to note that cash advances will also collect a cash advance fee. Cardholders can also save on interest costs with up to 55 interest-free days.
No annual fee
As well as competitive interest rates, you can also save with no annual fee for the life of the card.
The Mastercard connect
The ME frank credit card comes with an affiliation to Mastercard, so you can look forward to using your card wherever Mastercard is accepted internationally. While you can use your card at EFTPOS terminals and ATMs, you can also use it for online and over the phone transactions. You can also take advantage of Mastercard PayPass to make contactless payments for purchases under $100.
If you ever need cash in a hurry, you can turn to any ATM that displays the Mastercard logo. You can withdraw cash for no ATM fee at ME ATMs. ME also has an ATM partnership with the Westpac Group, which gives you ATM fee-free access to over 3,000 Westpac, St.George, BankSA, and Bank of Melbourne ATMs across Australia. Please note that cash advance fees and interest rates apply to ATM withdrawals made with your ME credit card.
You can get up to 8 additional cards linked to your primary account. You continue getting a single statement each month and you remain liable for all purchases made using additional cards linked to your account. To request an additional cardholder, you can download and fill in a form from the ME website to fax or email a request.
How to apply for a ME credit card
You can apply for a ME credit card online. The online application is secure and can be completed in a few short minutes. You should get a response about your application moments after you hit submit.
Before you apply, make sure you've met these eligibility requirements and organised the following information:
Eligibility criteria you must meet
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are a permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen
- You have a good credit history
- Earn more than $25,000 p.a.
Documents and information you'll need to provide
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, and driver’s license or passport number
- Contact details including your residential status, home address, phone number and email address
- Your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Income details from all sources as well as details of all assets. This includes any Centrelink or rental income and is after tax. You may be asked to provide proof of your income.
- Any information about existing debts such as loans, credit cards, and overdrafts.
What happens next?
If you apply online, you might have to submit personal identification documents by fax or email, and you may also have to send copies of payslips for income verification. If ME approves your application, you can expect to receive your new credit card within the next seven business days. You'll then need to activate your card by choosing a 4 digit PIN. You can do this via the ME internet banking service or over the phone.
Frequently asked questions
How can I make a ME credit card repayment?
You can pay your ME credit card bill via any of the following payment methods:
- Direct debit. Set up an automatic direct debit from a savings or transaction account so you can pay your ME credit card on time. Pay just the minimum, a nominated amount or the outstanding balance of your card.
- BPAY. You can make a BPAY payment through your bank, building society or credit union over the phone or online. You'll just need the biller code of 464 347 and your customer reference number, which is located on the top right-hand corner of your statement.
- Bank@Post. You can use cash or EFTPOS to pay your credit card bill at an Australia Post retail outlet.
- Transfer from another ME account. If you have another ME account, you can also pay your credit card bill with your account via internet banking.
How do I get an additional card?
You can apply for an additional card when you complete the online application for a ME credit card. Alternatively, you can download, complete and send in an additional cardholder request form from the ME bank website. Additional cardholders must be over the age of 16 who is a permanent Australian residents and can provide their identity.
How do I change my credit limit?
You can apply for a credit limit increase if you've held your credit card for at least, if your debts have reduced or if your income has increased. You can complete the Credit Limit Increase Form on the ME website.
If you'd like to decrease your credit limit, you can contact the ME team on 13 15 63.
Who do I call if my card is lost or it’s stolen?
Lost or stolen credit cards must be reported to ME immediately. You can contact ME on 13 15 63 in Australia or on +61 3 9708 4001 if you're overseas.
Can I use my ME credit card to make bill payments?
If the biller accepts payments via credit cards, you can use your ME credit card to pay your bill. These payments will be processed as a purchase.