Earn your choice of Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points on everyday purchases, save with interest-free days and enjoy platinum perks with a Jetstar Credit Card.
Jetstar offers credit card options to frequent flyers who want to earn travel rewards on their everyday purchases. As Jetstar Airways is the budget airline division of Qantas, cardholders have their choice of earning Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points with either of the two Jetstar credit cards on the market. Plus, with interest-free days, promotional 0% balance transfer offers and complimentary insurance offers, there are plenty of ways to save on standard credit card costs with a Jetstar Credit Card. Compare your options below to determine whether one of these frequent flyer credit cards is right for you.
Comparison of Jetstar Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Jetstar
Jetstar currently offers two credit cards on the market. The Jetstar MasterCard is their standard product, while the Platinum MasterCard goes one further with a higher earn rate and a wider breadth of features. Both cards let cardholders earn either Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points on eligible purchases, which can then be redeemed for either Jetstar travel vouchers or flights with Qantas and its partners or products from the Qantas eStore depending which rewards program you earn with. You can compare the different types of Jetstar credit cards below.
Rewards credit cards
Both the Jetstar MasterCard and Jetstar Platinum MasterCard can be considered rewards credit cards. However, the differences appear in how many points you can earn per dollar spent depending on which card you use. While you can earn 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100 spent or 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on the Jetstar MasterCard, you'll earn 1 Jetstar Dollar per $50 spent on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent with the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard. You can either redeem your Jetstar Dollars for travel vouchers with the airline or opt into the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to redeem flights with Qantas and its airline partners, products from the Qantas eStore and more. Please note that opting into the Qantas loyalty program comes with a fee.
While the Platinum MasterCard comes with more competitive earn rates, remember that it also comes with a higher annual fee than the standard Jetstar MasterCard. Make sure the value of the rewards you could earn will outweigh the costs of whichever card you choose before applying. Both cards also come with a rewards cap, so make sure this doesn't limit how many points you could earn based on your average spending behaviour.
Platinum credit cards
As the name suggests, the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard falls into the Platinum tier of credit cards. As such, this card has a higher earn rate for rewards, complimentary insurances and a lower points cap. The card also comes with a concierge service that could act as your own personal assistant for everything from making restaurant reservations to booking travel plans. This card comes with a higher annual fee than the standard Jetstar MasterCard, though, so you should make sure that the costs don't offset the benefit you'll get from the card to ensure it's of value to you.
The benefits of banking with Jetstar
Both Jetstar credit cards can provide you with value based on your individual circumstance. Both Jetstar credit cards can provide you with value based on your individual circumstance. The benefits of these credit cards will give you access to unique Jetstar perks:
After you accumulate 100 Jetstar Dollars, Jetstar will email you a $100 Jetstar Flight Voucher. You also have the option to manually redeem your points in increments of 25 Jetstar Dollars. You will have a three-month window to apply the voucher once you have received it. You may use the voucher to either reduce the cost of your booking or pay for your booking in full.
- Qantas frequent flyer program
If you'd prefer to earn your rewards with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, either of the Jetstar credit cards offers you this opportunity. While you'll earn points at a different rate depending on which card you choose, you can redeem your points for flight rewards with Qantas and its airline partners (including American Airlines, Emirates, British Airways and more), products from the Qantas store, accommodation through Qantas Hotels and Qantas Insurance, to name a few options.
Avoid credit card transaction fees
If you use your Jetstar credit card to book a Jetstar flight, whether online or over the phone, you'll avoid the standard credit card transaction fees you'd otherwise have to pay.
Using a Jetstar credit card with a MasterCard logo will provide you will access and acceptance at over 32 million merchant locations in 210 countries, in addition to 1.5 million ATMs. This also means you'll have access to the Mastercard Applause service, which offers exclusive entertainment and sporting event deals.
If you pay your balance in full before the statement period ends, you will have a 55 day period to make interest free purchases
The features of a Jetstar credit card
The features you can expect from both of the available Jetstar credit cards include:
- Annual fees. As the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard provides you with more benefits, it will costs you more money to use the credit card. The annual fee for the Jetstar MasterCard is $69 whereas the annual fee for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard is $169. If you opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you will pay an annual fee of $30 for the Jetstar MasterCard. The Platinum MasterCard does not have an additional fee for Qantas points.
- Interest rate. Like the annual fee, you will have a higher interest rate if you opt for the Platinum MasterCard. The purchase rate for the Jetstar MasterCard is 14.99% p.a. whereas the purchase rate for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard is 19.99% p.a.
- Balance transfer. Both credit cards allow you a balance transfer promotion of 0% p.a. for 14 months. Any remaining balances will collect the standard interest rate for purchases once the promotion ends.
How to apply for a Jetstar Credit Card
Both Jetstar credit cards have eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to be approved for either card. If you believe a Jetstar credit card is right for you, make sure you meet the requirements before visiting the Jetstar application page.
- Income. Both Jetstar credit cards require that you have a minimum taxable income of $30,000 per year.
- Legal age. Jetstar requires that applicants be at least 18 years of age in order to be eligible for their credit card services. Jetstar does not permit joint applications, although you may add authorised users to your account.
- Residential status. You must be either an Australian citizen or a legal permanent resident of Australia to qualify for Jetstar credit cards. Temporary residents of Australia are not eligible.
- Credit Rating. Your credit rating must be in good standing to qualify for either Jetstar credit card. The Jetstar MasterCard has a minimum credit limit of $5,000 and a maximum of $50,000. The Jetstar Platinum MasterCard has a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a maximum of $100,000. Your exact credit limit will vary based on your individual financial background.
- Personal details. You must provide your Australian mailing address and Australian driver’s license number (if you have one) during the credit card application process.
- Financial details. Details of your gross annual salary, monthly expenses, and current employer are required during the Jetstar application process. If you’re retired or self-employed, you must provide details of your accountant.
Frequently asked questions
If you have a question about Jetstar credit cards, check for an answer below. If you can’t find an answer to your question, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of this page.
How do I make a repayment on my Jetstar credit card?
- Pay by direct debit. You may pay your Jetstar credit card from your bank or savings account by direct debit. By downloading a direct debit agreement form from the Jetstar website, you can elect to pay just the minimum amount due on your credit card each month, pay a specific amount or set it up so you can pay your entire outstanding balance.
- BPAY. Pay your Jetstar MasterCard or Platinum MasterCard using BPAY over the phone, or using the pay via BPAY feature from your internet banking facility.The customer reference number is your card number and the Jetstar BPAY biller code is 423343.
Pay by cheque. You can pay your Jetstar credit card by filling out the form on the back of your credit card statement and attaching a cheque. Mail the form and the cheque to GPO Box 4690 Sydney NSW 2001.Make the cheque payable to ‘Card Services’ and be sure to include your credit card number on the cheque.
At the post office. Visit an Australia Post retail outlet to make your credit card payment using EFTPOS or cheque. There is a $2.00 fee if you want to pay your account this way. If you pay by EFTPOS, allow up to 48 hours for the payment to be processed, and if you’re paying by cheque allow up to 6 days for the funds to show in your account.
How long does it take before I get my Jetstar credit card?
How do I order a replacement card?
When do I have to apply for a balance transfer?
How do I get an additional card for a family member?
Additional cardholders must be over the age of 16. You have the option of adding an additional cardholder to your account when you first apply for your Jetstar credit card or you can get a supplementary card after you apply by filling out an additional cardholder request form.
If you have a family member who is over the age of 18, they can apply for their own Jetstar credit card in their own name.
What do I need to know about my credit card statement?
- When does my statement get issued? Jetstar credit card statements are issued every month.
- Can I change how often I get my statement? Once you’re approved for a Jetstar credit card you can change the day you statement is issued by calling a Jetstar credit card representative.
- Can I get my statement by email? You can opt to receive electronic statements through your online banking facility or by calling the Jetstar customer service team. By receiving electronic statements, you’ll save the $2.50 paper statement fee.
- Does the additional cardholder also get a statement? Only the primary account holder will get a statement. Details about supplementary cards are also listed on this statement.
What information do I need to log into my internet banking facility?
Change I change my PIN?
How do I earn Jetstar Dollars?
- Cash advances.
- Interest and bank fees and charges.
- Business expenses.
- Gambling purchases.
- Government charges.
- Balance transfers and other special promotions.
- Refunded purchases.
- Payments for Card Repayment Insurance.
Are reward points capped?
Yes. For the Jetstar MasterCard, Jetstar Dollars are capped at 500 and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points are capped at 25,000. For the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard, Jetstar Dollars are capped at 2,000 and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points are capped at 100,000.