Jetstar Credit Cards
Earn your choice of Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points on everyday purchases, save with interest-free days and enjoy platinum perks with a Jetstar Credit Card.
Jetstar offers credit card options to frequent flyers who want to earn travel rewards on their everyday purchases. Plus, with interest-free days, promotional 0% balance transfer offers and complimentary insurance offers, there are plenty of ways to save on standard credit card costs with a Jetstar Credit Card. Compare your options below to determine whether one of these frequent flyer credit cards is right for you.
Comparison of Jetstar Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Jetstar
Jetstar currently offers two credit cards on the market. The Jetstar Mastercard is their standard product, while the Platinum Mastercard goes one further with a higher earn rate and a wider breadth of features. Both cards let cardholders earn either Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Points on eligible purchases, which can then be redeemed for either Jetstar travel vouchers or flights with Qantas and its partners or products from the Qantas eStore depending which rewards program you earn with. You can compare the different types of Jetstar credit cards below.
Rewards credit cards
Both the Jetstar Mastercard and Jetstar Platinum Mastercard allow you to earn points as you spend. You opt to earn either Qantas Points or Jetstar Dollars and the earn rates vary between the two cards. Please note that opting into the Qantas loyalty program comes with a fee.
While the Platinum Mastercard comes with more competitive earn rates, remember that it also comes with a higher annual fee than the standard Jetstar Mastercard. Make sure the value of the rewards you could earn will outweigh the costs of whichever card you choose before applying. Both cards also come with a rewards cap, so make sure this doesn't limit how many points you could earn based on your average spending behaviour.
Platinum credit cards
The Jetstar Platinum Mastercard offers a higher earn rate for rewards, complimentary insurances and a lower points cap. The card also comes with a concierge service that could act as your own personal assistant for everything from making restaurant reservations to booking travel plans. This card comes with a higher annual fee than the standard Jetstar Mastercard, though, so you should make sure that the costs don't offset the benefit you'll get from the card to ensure it's of value to you.
The benefits of banking with Jetstar
Both Jetstar credit cards can provide you with value based on your individual circumstance. The benefits of these credit cards will give you access to unique Jetstar perks:
You'll be rewarded with 1 Jetstar Dollar for every $100 you spend. If you're a Jetstar Mastercard holder, you'll receive a $100 Jetstar flight voucher once you accumulate 100 Jetstar Dollars. If you're a Jetstar Mastercard Platinum customer, you'll collect 1 Jetstar Dollar per $50 you spend (up to $2,500 per statement period, after which you'll collect 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100). Platinum cardholders will receive a $200 travel voucher once you've accumulated 200 Jetstar Dollars. You will have a three-month window to apply the voucher once you have received it. You may use the voucher to either reduce the cost of your booking or pay for your booking in full.
Qantas frequent flyer program
If you'd prefer to earn your rewards with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, either of the Jetstar credit cards offers you this opportunity. While you'll earn points at a different rate depending on which card you choose. You can then redeem your points for flight rewards with Qantas and its airline partners (including American Airlines, Emirates, British Airways and more), products from the Qantas store, accommodation through Qantas Hotels and Qantas Insurance, to name a few options.
Avoid credit card transaction fees
If you use your Jetstar credit card to book a Jetstar flight, whether online or over the phone, you'll avoid the standard credit card transaction fees you'd otherwise have to pay.
Using a Jetstar credit card with a Mastercard logo will provide you will access and acceptance at over 32 million merchant locations in 210 countries, in addition to 1.5 million ATMs.
If you pay your balance in full before the statement period ends, you will have a 55 day period to make interest-free purchases.
0% balance transfer promotions
Both credit cards allow you a balance transfer promotion of 0% for 14 months. Any remaining balances will collect the standard interest rate for purchases once the promotion ends.
How to apply for a Jetstar Credit Card
If you believe a Jetstar credit card is right for you, make sure you meet the requirements before you apply:
- Income. Both Jetstar credit cards require that you have a minimum taxable income of $30,000 per year.
- Legal age. Jetstar requires that applicants be at least 18 years of age in order to be eligible for their credit card services. Jetstar does not permit joint applications, although you may add authorised users to your account.
- Residential status. You must be either an Australian citizen or a legal permanent resident of Australia to qualify for Jetstar credit cards. Temporary residents of Australia are not eligible.
- Credit rating. Your credit rating must be in good standing to qualify for either Jetstar credit card. The Jetstar Mastercard has a minimum credit limit of $2,000 and a maximum of $50,000. The Jetstar Platinum Mastercard has a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a maximum of $100,000. Your exact credit limit will vary based on your individual financial background.
- Personal details. You must provide your Australian mailing address and Australian driver’s license number (if you have one) during the credit card application process.
- Financial details. Details of your gross annual salary, monthly expenses, and current employer are required during the Jetstar application process. If you’re retired or self-employed, you must provide details of your accountant.
Frequently asked questions
If you have a question about Jetstar credit cards, check for an answer below. If you can’t find an answer to your question, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of this page.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.