We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
It has a growing network of branches spread across Sydney, Illawarra, NSW South Coast, ACT, and Melbourne; an extensive ATM network; and a widespread mobile lending team.
Comparison of IMB credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards that IMB offers
IMB, through its Mastercard offerings, gives you the ability to choose between a credit card that offers a low ongoing interest rate and one that offers rewards.
Low rate credit cards
If paying your credit card balance in full each month is not your cup of tea, you can save in the form of interest by getting a low rate card. The IMB Low Rate Mastercard enables you to transfer balances from existing credit cards, and if you do you can avail of an introductory rate for the first 12 months. If you pay your balances in full each month you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Platinum credit cards
If you’re looking for a credit card with a whole bunch of extras, you can consider getting a platinum card. The IMB Platinum Mastercard comes linked to the Card Services Rewards Program, it offers 24/7 access to a platinum concierge service, and it comes with a number of free insurance covers. Cardholders can avail of a special introductory 0% interest rate on balance transfers for the first 24 months. This card can give you up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Benefits of getting an IMB credit card
Given the Mastercard connection, you can use both IMB credit cards just about anywhere in the world, with IMB Mastercard Online you can track all your transactions using the internet, and you can look forward to other benefits as well.
Discounted annual fee
If you apply for the low rate card before a given date, you get to keep paying a discounted annual fee for the life of your card.
Wide ATM network
As an IMB member you can use all St.George, Westpac, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs without paying any direct charge fees. This gives you access to over 3,000 direct charge fee free ATMs across Australia.
Free insurance covers
Low rate and platinum cardholders receive protection through guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance. As a platinum cardholder you also get interstate flight inconvenience insurance and international travel insurance for free.
Platinum concierge service
Platinum cardholders receive 24/7 access to a platinum concierge service that assists them globally. This service can help you make travel plans, find restaurants, book tickets to events, and buy gifts.It can assist you in various other ways as well.
Both these cards make use of microchip technology, which offers considerably more protection when compared to cards that rely on magnetic strips. PayPass technology allows you to use these cards to make contactless payments for purchases under $100.
Applying for an IMB credit card
You can visit any IMB branch to apply for an IMB credit card and you can also initiate the process over the phone. If you want to apply online simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button next to the card you choose.
- You’re over 18 years old.
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia.
- You don’t have bad credit history.
- You have to earn at least to apply for the low rate card, and at least to apply for the platinum card.
- Personal. This includes your name, date of birth, nationality, marital status, number of people dependent on your income, mother’s maiden name, and name and phone number of a friend or relative who does not reside with you.
- Contact. This section requires your residential address, how long you’ve lived there, residential status, phone number, and email address.
- Job. You have to list your occupation, industry, employer’s name, and employer’s contact details.
- Income and expenses. You have to mention how much you earn, annually or monthly, and this includes income from all sources. Expenses include monthly living expenses as well as other recurring expenses. You also have to provide details about existing loans, credit cards, store cards, and other debts.
Frequently asked questions
If you have a question about IMB credit cards you might find the answer here, and if you don’t you can use the form at the end of the page to leave one behind.
Image: IMBBack to top