Compare Diners Club charge cards for no pre-set spending limits and a massive range of benefits
The Diners Club charge cards changed the card payment market forever by offering members a way to make payments at selected restaurants.
These cards come in a few different flavours. As well as the Diners Club charge card, Diners Club offer business, corporate and frequent flyer cards. These cards are available as Mastercard companion accounts and give you a number of upscale features and benefits. We compare Diners Club charge cards and list some reasons why these cards should be part of your comparison if you’re in the market for a line of credit with some affluent features.
Comparison of Diners Club Charge Cards
Types of Diners Club charge cards
We’ve listed the type of Diners Club charge card below. The accounts are available as single or dual accounts. The dual account includes a World Mastercard so you can benefit from the global acceptance of Mastercard.
The famous Diners Club Card. This is available as a single or dual card account. Benefit from a range of insurance covers and Diners Club Rewards Points when you make an eligible purchase. Acceptance may be an issue when you use the card at some Australian merchants, however, this isn’t a problem if you opt for the dual Mastercard account.
Learn more about Charge Cards
Frequent flyer charge cards
Earn rate and annual fee are two sound ways to compare frequent flyer credit and charge cards. These cards have a generous Qantas earn rate and combine the travel privileges of a World Mastercard and Diners Club frequent flyer card. If you can justify the product’s annual fee through the return value of the frequent flyer points, consider a Diners Club frequent flyer charge card if you’re a big spender.
Learn more about Frequent Flyer Credit Cards
Business charge cards
Get rewarded for your business spending with Diners Club points. This is an option for small business owners who can apply for the Diners Club Small Business Card and use the account as a line of credit for business spending. Get up to 51 days to pay your statement in full and you won’t get charged any interest.
Learn more about Business Credit Cards
Corporate charge cards
The Diners Club Corporate Cards are flexible so you can pick and choose account features to match the needs of your company. There are company and cardholders benefits such as detailed reporting to make expense itemisation simple. Due to the lack of corporate credit cards and accounts on the market, this account from Diners Club addresses many of the specific needs of CFOs.
The benefits of banking with Diners Club
Enjoy the following benefits when you apply and get approved for a Diners Club card.
Diners Club charge card — no pre-set spending limit
Apply and get approved for a Diners Club charge card and you get no pre-set spending limit. These cards from Diners Club have no credit limit. Although it says no pre-set spending limit, whether or not your transaction is processed is based on your financial standing.
Diners Club Rewards
Earn uncapped rewards points when you spend on your Diners Club card or the linked World Mastercard. Use a combination of both cards to make sure you earn the most points in every situation. Earn up to triple the points when you shop at Diners Club bonus partners and points never expire.
Diners Club Privileges
These cards give you access to airport lounges and a wide number of special privileges like member deals on a round of golf at some of the finest courses in Australia. These types of perks are fun to explore when you’re planning an activity or travelling on holiday. There are many privileges and benefits that come when you have a Diner Club charge card.
How to apply for a Diners Club charge card
Start a secure online application for a Diners Club charge card and get approved in under fifteen minutes. You’ll find out about the status of your application right after you hit submit. You may need to provide extra information before your application can be processed.
Eligibility for a Diners Club charge card is based on the following:
- Whether you meet the income and credit rating requirements
- You're over the age of 18
- You're a permanent Australian resident
Have the following information at the ready to assist with your application for a Diners Club charge card:
- Identification. You’re asked to provide some basic information about yourself, like your name and your address. You will also need to verify your identity by providing a driver’s licence number or a copy of another form of accepted identification. Provide the name and details of a friend or relative not living with you and enter the details of any additional cardholders to add to the account.
- Employment and income. Enter your gross income and your employer’s details. If you earn under $35,000 p.a. you must provide information about other sources of income to support your application.
- Spend and use. Answer some general questions about how you plan to use your Diners Club charge card and approximately how much you plan on spending every month.
Frequently asked questions
Read the following FAQs if you have a question about a Diners Club charge card. We can provide general information about these products if you ask us a question using the form below the FAQs.
When do I get my card?
Once you get word that your application has been processed and approved, you should receive your Diners Club Charge Card within seven to 14 business days. If you haven’t had a response from Diners Club about the status of your application, you can call Diners Club customer service and quote your application reference number.
Why do I get two cards?
When you apply for a Diners Club charge card you’re actually applying for a Diners Club credit account that has two cards. Get a Diners Club card and a World Mastercard to use so you can use the account to spend in more places and earn more rewards when you do.
How do I get my PIN?
Before you can get cash you need to get a PIN. Complete a Request for Cash Access/ATM PIN form to get your charge card PIN or call the customer service team.
For all companion account holders, the PIN is same for the Diners Club charge card and the World Mastercard.
Where can I use my Diners Club charge card?
Diners Club acceptance is growing. The companion Diners Club and Mastercard accounts mean you can use your World Mastercard in millions of places all over the world.
Can I use my card to make purchases online?
Yes, you can use your Diners Club Charge Card to make purchases like any other credit card. Dual Mastercard and Diners Club accounts can benefit from the worldwide acceptance of a Mastercard card too.
When do I pay the annual fee?
The annual fee is charged to the account when you activate the account. You have until the next statement is issued plus two weeks before you’re charged interest.
How do I get cash from the ATM?
Once you’ve filled out a form requesting your PIN, you can use either the Diners Club card or the World Mastercard card at millions of ATMs around the world. Mastercard is accepted at more ATMs than the Diners Club card.
How do I make a payment to my Diners Club Charge Card?
You can pay your account using the following methods:
- BPAY - Diners Club Biller Code: 3012. Customer reference number: your credit card number. Log on to make a BPAY payment from internet banking from another financial institution.
- Direct debit - Set up a direct debit by completing the Diners Club Direct Debit Request.
- Bank@Post - Take your credit card statement to Australia Post and pay by cash or cheque.
- By mail - Write your membership number on the back of a cheque and send it to the address on your statement.
Your credit card statement has detailed information about making a payment to your Diners Club charge card, too.
How are my payments allocated to my cards?
Pay your account using one of the methods in the previous question and your payments are applied to the transaction with the highest rate of interest first and transactions accruing the lowest rates of interest last. You don’t get charged any interest if you pay your account in full when your statement is issued. It doesn’t matter which card you use to carry out a transaction, it’s all charged to the one account so you only need to make one payment.
How do I order a replacement Diners Club charge card?
Lose your Diner Club Card or need to get it replaced before it expires? Call Diners Club and they will issue a free replacement card and they'll send it to you within 24 hours.
How do I order an additional Diners Club charge card?
You have two options. You can add an additional cardholder to the account when you apply for the account or you can do it after by completing and sending off an Additional Card Application.
Three things to remember about adding an additional cardholder to your account.
- The main cardholder is responsible for all spending on the account and must pay for any spending on additional cards
- The primary and additional cards have different numbers
- The card statement shows which cards completed each transaction
How do I register for Internet banking?
Internet banking cuts out the need to go to a bank branch for most requests. You can manage your account, make payments, view transactions and get statements on your desktop or mobile device. Register your account for Internet banking in three steps. Head to the Diners Club website for more information.
How do I activate the complimentary international travel insurance?
Get comprehensive international travel and medical insurance when you meet the following conditions.
- Your entire return journey is less than three months in duration
- The total cost of the return overseas travel ticket was charged to the eligible Diners Club charge card account
- Any dependant children or spouses are also eligible for cover when they meet the above two conditions and are also travelling with the primary cardholder for the entire journey
- If the overseas travel ticket is a one-way journey only up to 31 days of cover will be provided under the policy