BDCU Visa Credit Card
Pay the same interest rate for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances with the BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card.
The BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card offers an introductory interest rate of of 7.99% for the first 6 months, then a variable rate of 12.49% p.a. for all your transactions. It also has a competitive annual fee of $45
Balance transfer rate
for the first 6 months (reverts to 12.49% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||BDCU Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||12.49% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||7.99% for 6 months, reverts to 12.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Cash advance rate||12.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Purchase rate offer of 7.99% for 6 months
- A low rate of 12.49% p.a. on purchases
- No rewards program or travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the required documents and details.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this low rate credit card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be able to service the minimum credit limit.
- Identification. You must verify your identity to complete your application for the BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card and for credit union membership. You can verify your identity online by entering your driver's licence number or passport number. Contact BDCU directly if you don't have photo identification.
- Financials. Enter your employment details, including your employer's contact information. You may be required to provide payslips to verify your income, or your last two tax returns if you're self employed. You will also need to list any income from assets, your monthly expenses and any liabilities.
- Low interest rates. Purchases accrue interest at the promotional introductory rate of 7.99% for the first 6 months. At the end of the introductory period, account balances will accrue interest at the rate of 12.49% p.a. (variable).
- Mobile wallets. You can link your BDCU Visa card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay account to make payments straight from your smartphone or other compatible device.
- Visa benefits. This low rate credit card can be used at merchants and ATMs all over the world. Visa also guarantees you'll get a full refund if unauthorised purchases are detected on your account.
- Internet banking. View your available credit, recent transactions and statement information by registering your credit card for BDCU Internet banking.
Rates & fees
- Low annual fee. The BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card has a competitive annual fee of $45.
- Up to 44 days interest free. Pay your account in full by the statement due date and you get up to 44 days interest free on new purchases. Note that cash advance transactions are not eligible for interest free days and interest free days do not apply if you're carrying a balance from a balance transfer.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit is only 3% of the total transaction amount.