The BDCU low rate Visa gives you a intro rate promotion and a low ongoing rate so you can save money on interest repayments.
BDCU Visa Credit Card is a low rate credit card designed to help keep your card costs to a minimum. This card has an introductory interest rate of 7.99% p.a. for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers for the first 6 months. After that, BDCU charges a standard variable rate of 12.49% p.a. For any balance you carry. Read on to compare the other fees, features and benefits of this card.
|Product Name||BDCU Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||7.99% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 12.49% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$45 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$45 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
BDCU Visa credit card review
Low rate credit cards offer you a more affordable way to make purchases or pay off credit card debt when compared to other options. Although the promotional rate of 7.99% p.a. on this card is not the longest or cheapest introductory offer out there, the BDCU Visa credit card’s ongoing rate of 12.49% p.a. is one of the most competitive on the market.
Savings continue with a low annual fee of $45 and interest free days if you pay off the balance in full every month. It also features a minimum credit limit of $1,000 that could benefit low income earners or anyone wanting tight control over their credit card balance.
Benefits of the BDCU Visa credit card
- Low interest rates. Purchases accrue interest at the promotional introductory rate of 7.99% for the first 6 months. At the end of the introductory period, account balances will accrue interest at the ongoing rate of 12.49% p.a. (variable).
- Up to 44 days interest free. Pay your account in full by the statement due date and you get up to 44 days interest free on new purchases. Note that cash advance transactions are not eligible for interest free days and interest free days do not apply if you’re carrying a balance from a balance transfer.
- Low annual fee. The BDCU Visa credit card has a competitive annual fee of $45.
Features of the BDCU Visa credit card
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit is only $1,000. You can apply for this credit card if you’re working on a casual basis or are a low income earner.
- Late payments. BDCU charges a late payment fee of $25.
- Visa acceptance. This low rate Visa credit card can be used at merchants and ATMs all over the world.
- Foreign transaction fee. Using the credit card in a foreign currency attracts a fee worth 3% of the total transaction amount.
- Visa protection. Visa guarantees you’ll get a full refund if unauthorised purchases are detected on your account.
- Internet banking. View your available credit, recent transactions and statement information by registering your credit card for BDCU Internet banking.
How to apply for the BDCU Visa credit card
You can apply for the BDCU Visa credit card by visiting the BDCU website. Download an application form, fill it out and post it to a BDCU branch. Alternatively, you can call a BDCU representative over the phone or pop into a branch to apply.
You also need to become a member of the credit union if you want to get the BDCU Visa credit card. This step involves paying a $10 refundable share when you apply, which you can do by entering your bank account BSB and number.
Make sure you meet the following criteria before applying:
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this low rate credit card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be able to service the minimum credit limit.
You’ll need to have the following information on hand to increase your chances of approval:
- Identification. You must verify your identity to complete your application for the BDCU Visa credit card and for credit union membership. You can verify your identity online by entering your driver’s licence number or passport number. Contact BDCU directly if you don’t have photo identification.
- Financials. Enter your employment details, including your employer’s contact information. You may be required to provide payslips to verify your income, or your last two tax returns if you’re self employed. You will also need to list any income from assets, your monthly expenses and any liabilities.
The BDCU Visa credit card delivers with its low ongoing interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. But if you’re looking for extended interest free or low rate terms for longer than six months, you can also compare low rate credit cards with purchase rate promotions for up to a year.Back to top