American Express Lounge to open at Melbourne Airport
Amex customers will soon be able to relax in luxury before flights in both Sydney and Melbourne.
In August, we reported that American Express was opening its new airport lounge in Melbourne in November 2017. This has since been pushed back to March 27 2018.
Good news, frequent flyers! American Express has announced that it will expand its airport lounge reach to Melbourne Airport’s international terminal in November 2017. Previously, select American Express cardholders could only use their complimentary passes at the Amex Lounge at Sydney’s international airport, which opened in November 2014. So this addition essentially doubles the value of the complimentary lounge passes.
Similar to the Sydney lounge, Melbourne’s American Express Lounge will be operated by global airport service specialists Plaza Premium Group, so guests can expect the usual premium perks including barista-made coffee as well as a self-service food buffet and drink station. You can also enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and business facilities, plus local and international newspapers and magazines to help you pass the time before your flight.
Same as Sydney, American Express Platinum Charge, Business Platinum, Centurion and Business Centurion cardholders will receive unlimited access to the Melbourne lounge prior to international flights with any airline. They’re also allowed to invite two adult guests and children aged 2-17 to visit the lounge with them.
The following Amex-issued and dual credit cards also offer two complimentary entries to the Sydney and Melbourne lounges per calendar year:
- American Express Explorer
- American Express Business Explorer
- Qantas American Express Ultimate card
- American Express Velocity Platinum card
- Westpac Altitude Black American Express
- Commonwealth Bank Diamond Awards American Express
- David Jones American Express Platinum card
- American Express Platinum Reserve card (not available to all applicants)
- American Express Airpoints Platinum card (issued in New Zealand)
American Express is also opening two new lounges in Hong Kong and Philadelphia before the end of the year.
Want to wait for your next flight in style? Compare other cards with complimentary airline lounge passes for more options.
- Why “no interest” credit cards are really “monthly fee” cards
- CBA announces zero interest credit card CommBank Neo: How does it compare?
- NAB StraightUp: How credit cards are changing in a buy now pay later world
- 8 personal finance habits to get more out of life
- How to make the most of American Express Shop Small in 2020
Pictures: American Express