Make sure you're covered for the worst on any overseas trip with 1Cover's Overseas Travel Insurance.
Travelling overseas is an exciting opportunity, but no matter how many times you have done it, you need to remain aware of the risks and dangers too. This is because an accident or event which would seem simple and minimal if it had happened at home, can not only ruin your plans, but cause added emotional and physical stress.
Therefore, whenever you travel overseas, no matter how far or for how long, make sure that you take out international travel insurance. The 1Cover Overseas Travel Insurance policy cannot stop things happening to disrupt your journey, but it can make sure that if the worst does happen and you do fall sick while overseas, or have your luggage stolen, that you are well looked after, reimbursed for any unexpected expenses and able to get on with your holiday as soon as possible.
|Your chance to win $5,000 worth of flight vouchers||
|Buy a 1cover travel insurance policy in February 2018 to go into the draw to win $5,000 worth of travel vouchers.||
Receive a quote for 1Cover's Overseas Travel Insurance
Who underwrites 1Cover Travel Insurance?
1Cover Pty Ltd ABN 91 105 954 265, is an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457. 1Cover Travel Insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London.
What's included in this policy?
Not all overseas travel insurance policies are created equal and while you may think you are covered with any old insurance, it is important you know all of the details of the cover. This is why 1Cover provided comprehensive information on its Overseas Travel Insurance, so you know that you are covered for the following eventualities and you can see just how much protection the insurer is offering you:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. Includes cover for 24 hour medical emergency assistance such as ambulance cover. 1Cover also offers medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, sending messages to your family and provides for all hospital guarantees.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Provides you with cover for overseas medical treatment if you become ill or injured, including medical, hospital, surgical and nursing, as well as emergency dental treatment to relieve you of sudden and acute paid to your natural teeth.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses. Pays for any additional travel and accommodation expenses if you are unable to travel and need to reschedule your plans because of illness or injury.
- Family emergencies. Pays your additional travel expenses if your travelling companion or a relative unexpectedly dies or requires hospitalisation because of an injury.
- Emergency companion cover. Covers any additional travel and accommodation expenses if your travelling companion is unable to continue with your planned journey because of an illness or injury.
- Resumption of journey. 1Cover will pay the cost of your airfares when you resume your journey, after having to unexpectedly return home because of the death or hospitalisation of a relative.
- Hospital cash allowance. 1Cover pays an allowance of $50 per day if you are in hospital for more than 48 hours while travelling internationally.
- Accidental death cover. Pays a death benefit to your nominated beneficiaries if you die as the result of an injury on your journey. You also remain covered if you die within 12 months of the injury.
- Permanent disability. If you become permanently disabled as the result of an injury during your journey, or within 12 months, 1Cover will pay you a benefit amount. Permanent disablement is defined by 1Cover as the total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or the loss of the use of a hand or a foot.
- Loss of income. If you become disabled within 30 days of an injury caused during your international travel and you are still unable to work after more than 30 days of your return to Australia, 1Cover will pay a weekly benefit to cover your loss of income.
- Luggage and personal effects. This feature pays the replacement cost for luggage or personal items which are stolen or damaged, including luggage, spectacles, personal effects, personal computers and cameras.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. The cover benefit pays for you to purchase essential items of clothing and other personal effects if your luggage is delayed, misdirected or misplaced by your airline or travel carrier for more than 12 hours.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. Provides cover for any cancellation fees you have to pay or any deposits you lose as the result of circumstances outside of your control disrupting your travel, such as illness, injury, strikes, collisions, retrenchment or natural disasters.
- Credit card fraud and replacement. 1Cover will cover the cost of replacing your credit cards if they are lost or stolen and reimburse you for any loss as the result of fraudulent use of your card.
- Travellers’ cheques and travel documents. You are covered for the replacement cost of your travel documents including passports, travel documents or travellers’ cheques which are lost or stolen.
- Theft of cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders. If any of these items are stolen from you during your international travel, 1Cover will cover their replacement.
- Disruption of your journey. If your journey is delayed for more than six hours because of circumstances outside of your control, 1Cover will pay for any additional meal and accommodation expenses.
- Alternative transport expenses. If you are travelling to a wedding, funeral, conference, sporting event or using prepaid travel or tour arrangements and you experience delays, 1Cover will pay any additional travel expenses to get you to your destination.
- Personal liability cover. Includes cover for legal expenses for bodily injuries or damage to another’s property as the result of a claim against you.
- Domestic pets. If you are delayed on your return home, 1Cover will pay any additional boarding expenses for the boarding kennel or cattery where your pet is housed and any veterinary fees your pet incurs while you are travelling are also covered.
- Domestic services. 1Cover will provide a benefit for housekeeping services if you suffer and injury or disablement during your travel which continues on your return.
- Rental vehicle excess. 1Cover will pay the excess on your rental vehicle if it is stolen, crashed or damaged in any way.
Who can apply for 1Cover Overseas Travel Insurance?
You can apply for 1Cover Overseas Travel Insurance if:
- You are an Australian resident.
- You purchase your policy before you begin your international travel.
- Your journey begins and ends in Australia.
- You are 16 to 69 years old.
Follow the secure links located on the finder.com.au website to receive a quote completely free of charge. As always, it is important to review the product disclosure statement prior to application so you can be sure of exactly what you are signing up for.