Westpac Ignite MasterCard
- The Westpac Ignite Credit Card is no longer available for applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The information provided and cards cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
To compare other cards credit cards: Click here
Westpac Low Rate Card
The Westpac Low Rate has a limited time only balance transfer deal which will give you the benefit of a lower interest rate on your existing balance.
- $59 p.a. annual fee
- 1% p.a. for 12 months (reverts to 13.49% p.a.) on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers
- Cash Advance Rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $15,000 p.a.
The Ignite MasterCard is the Westpac replacement for the Virgin credit card. In February of 2009 the Ignite card first came out, replacing the Virgin card after their contract with Westpac expired. Although the Virgin contract went away Westpac was able to maintain the customer profiles and continue offering a great credit card. Westpac has chosen to maintain the no frills status of the Virgin card by offering low interest rates and fees to their customers. Instead of offering introductory deals and other offers they give you what you need from a card which is low rates all of the time and benefits that you can really used, no matter what your spending profile.
Westpac Ignite MasterCard Benefits
- No annual fee. This is a real deal when it comes to free annual fees, because it lasts for life. No annual fees, forever.
- Low purchase interest rate per annum on purchases.
- Comparatively low interest rate on cash advances.
- Up to 55 interest free days on purchases. If you pay your bill each month you can basically use this card completely free of charge.
Valuable Instant Offers Program
Instead of earning points through spending this card offers you savings instantly when you spend with Ignite MasterCard partners.
- Premium Wines Direct gives you a 15% discount on any purchases with them.
- RedBalloon, Australia's most reliable supplier of experiences like hot air balloon rides and V* race card driving offers a $30 discount on any gifts over $129.
- Rebel Sport provides a 5% discount on merchandise from their selection of clothing, footwear, and sport and leisure equipment.
- Cinema ticket discounts at Village, Greater Union, Birch Carrol and Coyle, and Event Cinemas as long as your buy your tickets online.
- Theme park tickets discounted 15% at Warner Village Theme Parks, Dreamworld and WhiteWater World, Australia Zoo, Sydney Wildlife World, Sydney Aquarium, and Sydney Tower.
The Ignite MasterCard offers you the chance to benefit from no annual fees coupled with great interest rates. Most of the time credit card owners are forced to sacrifice a low interest rate for a high annual fee, but with Ignite that is not the case. In addition, you can even get some great discounts just by using your Ignite card, perks that come for free just for owning this great card. There is just no need to pay high annual fees and high interest rates when you can take advantage of the Ignite MasterCard and get great rates and valuable perks for free.