Home loan and credit card packages
These packages offer discounted rates and fees for your home loan, credit card and more. How much could you save?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A home loan or mortgage package gives you a way to bundle accounts together for a single annual fee. Each package is different, but you can usually get your a waived credit card annual fee when it's part of the bundle.
Depending on the card, that benefit alone could save you hundreds of dollars each year. But there are other features and costs you'll need to weigh up first.
What are mortgage and credit card packages?
A mortgage or home loan package offers discounts and other benefits when you bundle different accounts together, for an annual package fee of around $200-$400.
The biggest benefit you get is an interest rate discount. You generally qualify for an interest rate discount of up to 1%.
Most home loan packages offer to waive the annual fee for a credit card that you add to the bundle, which can save you up to $450 per year depending on the credit card you apply for.
Other benefits can include:
- no loan establishment fee
- waived fees for offset accounts and other bank accounts
- discounted insurance policies on home and contents insurance
Banks that offer home loan and credit card packages
While you can save money and get other value from mortgage packages, they also benefit banks by encouraging you to do more business with them.
The table below includes some of the biggest lenders in Australia that offer credit cards as part of a mortgage package, along with key details about the benefits you can get from each package.
Tips to help you make the most out of a home loan and credit card package
- Compare. Other credit card/mortgage providers may be able to offer you a better deal or feature than this seemingly attractive loan package.
- Consider all inclusions. Make sure that everything included in the package is useful to you, because you might not get full value for your package fee if you’re not utilising the entire package.
- Check minimum requirements. Some requirements may apply. For instance, some loan packages may stipulate that your home loan be at least $750,000 to qualify.
- Read the fine print. Familiarise yourself with the main details of the package, since some finer print may reduce the suitability of the package. For example, you may not be able to refinance a loan internally, or enjoy currently advertised discounts on an older loan.
More guides on Finder
The Future of Credit Cards report 2022
Finder’s Future of Credit Cards report explores the trends shaping credit cards and digital payments, including the rise of BNPL.
Point-to-point frustration: Why it can be very difficult to get a refund for an outrageous taxi fare in Australia
If you are overcharged by a taxi in Australia, chasing a refund is hard work. Here's why the industry needs to change if it is to survive.
American Express Corporate Platinum Card
With a 300,000 bonus Membership Rewards points offer, lounge access and management tools, is this Amex account right for your company?
American Express Corporate Card
This Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks for big companies – including a 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points offer.
American Express Qantas Corporate Gold Card
With a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer and complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership, is this the right card for your business?
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo – Purchase Offer
Compare the features of the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo including a 0% promotional offer on purchases and a first-year annual fee waiver.
St.George Vertigo Card – Purchase Offer
Offers no annual fee in the first year and 0% introductory rate on purchases for the first 18 months.
BankSA Vertigo Credit Card – Purchase Offer
This BankSA credit card offers 0% introductory interest rates for purchases, plus a $0 first-year annual fee. Is it right for you?
Virtual credit cards in Australia
Virtual credit cards are finally here, with options for everyday use and business spending – so how do they work and how secure are they?
Ask an Expert