Home loan and credit card packages
These packages offer discounted rates and fees for your home loan, credit card and more. How much could you save?
A home loan or mortgage package gives you a way to bundle accounts together for a single annual fee. Each package is different, but you can usually get your a waived credit card annual fee when it's part of the bundle.
Depending on the card, that benefit alone could save you hundreds of dollars each year. But there are other features and costs you'll need to weigh up first.
What are mortgage and credit card packages?
A mortgage or home loan package offers discounts and other benefits when you bundle different accounts together, for an annual package fee of around $200-$400.
The biggest benefit you get is an interest rate discount. You generally qualify for an interest rate discount of up to 1%.
Most home loan packages offer to waive the annual fee for a credit card that you add to the bundle, which can save you up to $450 per year depending on the credit card you apply for.
Other benefits can include:
- no loan establishment fee
- waived fees for offset accounts and other bank accounts
- discounted insurance policies on home and contents insurance
Banks that offer home loan and credit card packages
While you can save money and get other value from mortgage packages, they also benefit banks by encouraging you to do more business with them.
The table below includes some of the biggest lenders in Australia that offer credit cards as part of a mortgage package, along with key details about the benefits you can get from each package.
Tips to help you make the most out of a home loan and credit card package
- Compare. Other credit card/mortgage providers may be able to offer you a better deal or feature than this seemingly attractive loan package.
- Consider all inclusions. Make sure that everything included in the package is useful to you, because you might not get full value for your package fee if you’re not utilising the entire package.
- Check minimum requirements. Some requirements may apply. For instance, some loan packages may stipulate that your home loan be at least $750,000 to qualify.
- Read the fine print. Familiarise yourself with the main details of the package, since some finer print may reduce the suitability of the package. For example, you may not be able to refinance a loan internally, or enjoy currently advertised discounts on an older loan.
More guides on Finder
What happens if you don’t pay your credit card bill?
Can't pay your credit card on time? Refer to this guide for tips on how to repay your balance and to learn what will happen if you miss a payment.
Horizon Bank Visa Credit Card
This low-cost card offers the same interest rate for all transactions and a $0 annual fee for life.
How to choose a credit limit for your credit card
Learn how to choose the right credit limit to suit your financial needs and avoid overspending.
Why was my credit card declined?
Understand why your bank may decline your credit card transaction and what you can to do avoid this embarrassing and inconvenient issue.
How to get a credit card
If you're worried about getting approved for your first credit card or just don't know where to start, these insights will put you on the right path.
Credit card vs debit card
While a credit card is linked with a line of credit, a debit card is connected to your own money. Compare the differences between the card types in this guide.
Credit card repayment calculator
Calculate how much you're paying in interest based on your current credit card repayments and discover how much you should pay each month to meet your financial goal.
Credit card benefits and drawbacks
Credit cards come with both benefits and risks, so use our list of pros and cons to weigh up your options.
What to do when your credit card is lost or stolen
The steps to follow and contact information you'll need to notify your bank if your credit card is lost or stolen.
No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards
Find out how you can keep your overseas spending costs down by comparing credit cards with no foreign transaction fees and no currency conversion fees.
Ask an Expert