Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Get a fair go with a mortgage from Newcastle Permanent Building Society.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Newcastle Permanent's lowest rate for...
- Home buyers. The Newcastle Permanent Building Society Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate - 1 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier, P&I) has a 2.28% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Newcastle Permanent Building Society Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate - 2 Year Fixed (Investor, P&I) has a 2.98% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare Newcastle Permanent home loans
Compare Newcastle Permanent home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans. "Go to site" will direct you to Newcastle Permanent's website for the product you selected. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Newcastle Permanent lender profile
- Newcastle Permanent has been operating for over 100 years and now has $11 billion in assets. They have a network of branches in and around the Newcastle area, plus strong online and phone support.
- Newcastle Permanent is a building society, which means it has members rather than customers. As a member you reap the rewards of a profitable financial institution through lower fees and interest rates.
- Newcastle Permanent reinvests a portion of its profits into community and charitable causes.
Newcastle Permanent mortgage features
Newcastle Permanent has multiple home loans for investors and owner occupiers, with fixed and variable rates.
|Deposit size||You can borrow up to 90% with many Newcastle Permanent mortgages, and even 95% on some.|
|Split rate||Most Newcastle Permanent mortgages allow you to split your loan into fixed and variable portions.|
|Interest only||The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate and the Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Variable both have interest only rates for investors and owner occupiers.|
|Package benefts||Newcastle Permanent's Premium Plus Package loans let you combine a mortgage with an offset account and credit card, plus car and personal loans for a single annual fee (this saves you money on fees for the individual products, which is beneficial if you actually use them).|
|Redraw||Most Newcastle Permanent loans have a redraw facility.|
How do I apply for a Newcastle Permanent mortgage?
Clicking "Go to Site" on Newcastle Permanent's comparison table will start your application process and redirect you through to Newcastle Permanent's website.
Each Newcastle Permanent product have specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Newcastle Permanent you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Mastercard
Get $250 credit back when you meet the eligibility requirements and 55 days interest-free on purchases.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Explore the benefits of rendering a house versus renovating, and the ways which render can improve your home’s overall performance.
How to start a recording studio business
Turn your passion for music production into a career by starting your own recording studio.
What is LVR on a home loan?
Your guide to home loan LVRs and how you can determine your loan to value ratio.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert