Newcastle Permanent is a member-owned building society based in Newcastle, NSW. Check out the full table of Newcastle Permanent products below or read more about the lender and its loans.
Compare Newcastle Permanent home loans for July 2022
Hit the "Load more" button to compare a bigger selection of products. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Newcastle Permanent key facts
- Newcastle Permanent's fixed package home loans are its most competitive rates.
- Newcastle Permanent has online banking and branches across NSW.
- You need a 20% deposit for some Newcastle Permanent home loans, but it does have options for borrowers with smaller deposits.
Review by our senior home loans writer Richard Whitten
Newcastle Permanent home loan features
Here are the key features and details you need to know about Newcastle Permanent's mortgage products.
|Minimum deposit||Many Newcastle Permanent loans have 80% maximum LVRs. This means you can borrow up to 80% with a Newcastle Permanent mortgage. But it also has many options for borrowers with 5-10% low deposits (that is, deposits below 20%).|
|Offset account||Some Newcastle Permanent loans come with offset accounts, including its variable rate package home loans.|
|Fees||Newcastle Permanent loans have minimal fees, but package loans do come with an annual package fee.|
|Repayment options||Both Newcastle Permanent's fixed and variable rate loans allow you to make interest-only repayments for a limited period. The lender also offers the standard principal-and-interest repayments on its loans.|
How do I apply for a Newcastle Permanent mortgage?
Clicking "Go to Site" on Newcastle Permanent's comparison table will start your application process and redirect you through to Newcastle Permanent's website.
Each Newcastle Permanent product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Newcastle Permanent you are required to provide certain information, so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Detailed guide to home loan applications and paperwork
Looking for more mortgage options?