You can now earn Qantas Points on money transfers
Plus you can earn up to 25,000 bonus points with TorFX for a limited time.
Foreign bank-to-bank transfers have just become more rewarding. Today, Qantas has announced its new partnership with currency specialist TorFX. So, whether you’re sending money to a friend, paying bills or making good use of a competitive exchange rate, you can now earn Qantas Points when you make international transfers.
You can earn points on your money transfers in four easy steps:
- Register online and enter your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- A TorFX manager will contact you with a quote based on the daily rates.
- If you’re happy with the rate, you can complete your international bank transfer online or with the assistance of the account manager. You’ll be asked to supply details of the beneficiary account before sending your funds to your TorFX client account.
- You’ll then earn 1 Qantas Point per every AU$5 you transfer.
On top of this standard earn rate, you could also earn up to 25,000 bonus Qantas Points on international transfers until 15 September 2017. Exactly how many bonus points you earn will vary depending on the amount you’re transferring.
You can compare the different offers below.
|Transfer amount||Number of bonus points earned|
|AUD$10,000 - $24,999||5,000 bonus points|
|AUD$25,000 - $49,999||10,000 bonus points|
|AUD$50,000 or more||25,000 bonus points|
Unfortunately, this Qantas Points offer is only available to new TorFX customers and existing customers will miss out. If you’re new to TorFX, you can sign up for free and there’s no obligation to trade.
Want more inspiration and tips for ways to maximise the Qantas Points you can earn on everyday costs? Check out our guide on how to earn more Qantas Points.
Latest frequent flyer and rewards headlines
- Virgin lounges reopen: What’s changed?
- Get 15% bonus when you transfer Flybuys to Velocity
- What Virgin’s CEO switch means for the future
- Virgin Australia Business Reward discount: What’s on offer
- Why bottle shops are the new points battleground