St.George Vertigo Visa Card – Exclusive Offer
Save with 0% interest on purchases for 14 months, 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months and a $0 first year annual fee.
The St.George Vertigo Classic is a low rate credit card designed to help you save money on both purchases and existing debt. Cardholders who apply via Finder by 18 March 2020 can take advantage of an annual fee waiver in the first year and 0% p.a. interest for the first 14 months on purchases. If you're looking to repay existing debt, you can benefit from the 0% balance transfer offer for 6 months with no balance transfer fee.
Aside from these benefits, this card also features a competitive 13.99% p.a. variable purchase interest rate and up to 55 interest-free days after the introductory period is over.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 14 months (reverts to 13.99% p.a.)
for the first year ($55 p.a. thereafter)
Interest free period
- 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 14 months.
- $0 annual fee for the first year.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months (no balance transfer fee).
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- You cannot earn rewards for your spending.
- Using this card overseas or with international merchants incurs a 3% foreign transaction fee.
Amy is an editor and writer at finder.com.au with more than 10 years experience covering credit cards, personal finance and various lifestyle topics. When she’s not sharing her knowledge on money matters, Amy spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for this credit card offer via finder.com.au in around 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you apply, make sure that you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary details to complete the application:
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, contact information and proof of your identity such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or photo card.
- Employment. This includes your role, the length of your employment and your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial details. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income, plus details of your savings, investments and any assets.
- Balance transfer information. If you're requesting a balance transfer, you'll need to provide details regarding the accounts you're moving it from and the amount of debt you're transferring.
- Exclusive purchase rate offer. Apply through finder.com.au by 18 March 2020 and you'll save with a 0% p.a. interest rate on purchases for the first 14 months. Any remaining balance after the introductory period will be charged at the variable purchase rate, currently at 13.99% p.a.
- Exclusive annual fee waiver. Look forward to a $0 annual fee for the first year ($55 p.a. thereafter). This offer is only available when you apply through Finder until 18 March 2020.
- Balance transfer offer.Apply by 18 March 2020 and save on interest when paying off your credit card debt with a 0% balance transfer offer for up to 6 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit from up to 3 cards not issued by St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne. You can only take advantage of this offer if you request the balance transfer when you're applying for the card.
- Competitive variable purchase rate. After the 14-month promotional period ends, the variable interest rate on purchases is 13.99% p.a.
- Free additional card. Request a secondary St.George Vertigo Classic card for a cardholder over 16 years of age for $0.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making tap and go payments straight from your eligible phone or device by adding this card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $55.
- Cash advance rate. If you make a cash withdrawal, cash-equivalent transaction or have debt remaining at the end of the balance transfer period, you will be charged interest at 21.49% p.a.
- Cash advance fee.Any cash advance transactions will be charged a fee of 2% of the transaction amount with a minimum of $2.50 (capped at $150).
- Currency conversion fee. If you use the card overseas or with an international online retailer, you will be charged 3% of the Australian dollar value per transaction.
- Interest-free days.When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.