Save with 0% p.a. interest for 25 months on balance transfers with no BT fee when you apply online for the St.George Vertigo Platinum.
If you have an existing credit card debt, you can save on interest costs and pay it off faster with 0% p.a. interest for up to 25 months with no balance transfer fee.
As well as giving you ways to save on card costs, this card comes with complimentary travel insurance, purchase insurance and a personal concierge service. If you're looking to take advantage of platinum features while keeping your card costs low, compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Platinum - Online Offer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 25 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||2 October 2018|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- 0% p.a. interest charged on balance transfers for the first 25 months (with no balance transfer fee).
- A low ongoing variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- There are lots of bonus insurance covers including: Overseas Travel, Extended Warranty, Price Guarantee and Purchase Cover Insurance.
- This is a platinum-tier card that does not come with a rewards program.
- Balance transfer reverts to cash advance rate after promotional period.
Benefits and features of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
These are the perks you can get with this low rate platinum credit card from St.George.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply online before 2 October 2018 and you can repay your existing debt with 0% p.a. interest for up to 25 months on balance transfers with no balance transfer fee. You can transfer a minimum of $200 from up to three cards as long as they don’t come from St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne, and you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining balance transfer debt is subject to the cash advance rate. Read our step-by-step guide to balance transfers with St.George for tips when moving your debt to your new card.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for hospital and medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to six months when you put at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs on your St.George Vertigo Platinum card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental vehicle excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Purchase insurance. When you make a new purchase using your card, you’ll be covered against theft, loss or damage for up to four months.
- Price guarantee cover. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price on an eligible purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days. You can claim up to $300.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty.
- Personal concierge service. Whether you need to make a dinner reservation, find tickets to a sold out concert or send a gift to someone, you can get in touch with your personal concierge when in Australia or overseas for 24/7 assistance.
Rates and fees of the St.George Vertigo Platinum
Here are the other key features to consider when you're comparing the St.George Vertigo Platinum with other options.
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $99 p.a..
- Purchase rate. This card offers a low ongoing purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, giving you more time to pay off your purchases before incurring interest. Please note that interest-free days do not apply while you carry a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. The St.George Vertigo Platinum has a standard variable cash advance rate of 19.49% p.a. Note that this interest rate will apply to any debt remaining from your balance transfer at the end of the introductory period.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost, you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account, giving you flexibility in regard to how you spend.
How to apply for the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
To get 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for 25 months, you’ll need to apply for the St.George Vertigo Platinum online by 2 October 2018. It takes about 10 minutes to complete the application, which you can start by clicking on the “Go to site” button. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents.
- Are you over 18? You’ll need to be over the age of 18 to apply for this card.
- What is your Australian residency status? Applicants must be permanent Australian residents.
- What is your credit rating? You should have a good credit history.
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
- Identification. You will need two forms of identification. You can use your driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Employment details. This includes your role, salary and contact details for your main employer. If you’re self-employed, you can provide recent tax information and your accountant’s details.
- Financial information. You will need to provide details of your assets, savings, investments and expenses. This includes the repayment amounts and balances owing on any debts or other liabilities.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to get 0% p.a. interest for 25 months on existing card debts, you’ll need to provide details for each of the accounts, including the account name, number, BSB and the amount of debt you’d like to transfer.
The St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers a number of beneficial features, including the online-only balance transfer and first year annual fee offers, a low ongoing purchase rate and complimentary insurance. Weigh up the benefits and costs of this card when you're comparing your options, so you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top