No longer offered in the market
The St.George Vertigo Platinum - Online Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of St.George credit cards here.
If you have an existing credit card debt, you can save on interest costs and pay it off faster with 0% p.a. interest for up to 24 months with no balance transfer fee.
As well as giving you ways to save on card costs, this card comes with complimentary travel insurance, purchase insurance and a personal concierge service. If you're looking to take advantage of platinum features while keeping your card costs low, compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
Benefits and features of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
These are the perks you can get with this low rate platinum credit card from St.George.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply online before 23 January 2019 and you can repay your existing debt with 0% p.a. interest for up to 24 months with no balance transfer fee. You can transfer a minimum of $200 from up to three cards as long as they don't come from St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne, and you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining balance transfer debt is subject to the variable cash advance rate. Read our step-by-step guide to balance transfers with St.George for tips when moving your debt to your new card.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for hospital and medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to six months when you put at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs on your St.George Vertigo Platinum card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental vehicle excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Purchase insurance. When you make a new purchase using your card, you'll be covered against theft, loss or damage for up to four months.
- Price guarantee cover. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price on an eligible purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days. You can claim up to $300.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty.
- Personal concierge service. Whether you need to make a dinner reservation, find tickets to a sold out concert or send a gift to someone, you can get in touch with your personal concierge when in Australia or overseas for 24/7 assistance.
Rates and fees of the St.George Vertigo Platinum
Here are the other key features to consider when you're comparing the St.George Vertigo Platinum with other options.
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $99.
- Purchase rate. This card offers a low variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, giving you more time to pay off your purchases before incurring interest. Please note that interest-free days do not apply while you carry a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. The St.George Vertigo Platinum charges a variable cash advance rate of 19.49% p.a. Note that this interest rate will apply to any debt remaining from your balance transfer at the end of the introductory period.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost, you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account, giving you flexibility in regard to how you spend.
The St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers a number of beneficial features, including the online-only balance transfer offer, a low purchase interest rate and complimentary insurance covers. Weigh up the benefits and costs of this card when you're comparing your options, so you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit
cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative
of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular
order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are
subject to our disclaimer.
You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own
personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.