Consolidate your debts and save on interest with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 24 months with the St.George Vertigo Platinum Card.
The St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers both platinum perks and opportunities to cut costs. If you have existing credit card debt, you can save on interest costs and pay it off faster with the 0% p.a. for 24 months balance transfer offer, which charges a one-time 1% balance transfer fee.
You can also shop with peace of mind courtesy of complimentary insurance covers and a personal concierge service. If you're looking to take advantage of platinum features while keeping your card costs low, you can compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- 0% p.a. interest charged on balance transfers for the first 24 months.
- A low ongoing variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- There are lots of bonus insurance covers including Overseas Travel, Extended Warranty, Price Guarantee and Purchase Cover Insurance.
- This is a platinum-tier card that does not come with a rewards program.
- A one-time balance transfer fee of 1% applies.
- Balance transfer reverts to cash advance rate after promotional period.
St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card review
If you're looking to pay off your credit card debt, the St.George Vertigo Platinum offers you 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 24 months with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. To make use of this competitive offer, you'll need to request the balance transfer at the time of your application, with the option of transferring up to three debts from any store, charge or credit cards – as long as they're not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
If you're planning to make new purchases, the St.George Vertigo Platinum offers a low ongoing variable rate of 12.74% p.a. on purchases. You can also enjoy a range of complimentary insurance covers with this card, including overseas travel insurance and extended warranty insurance on purchases.
Benefits of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. Repay your debt with a 0% p.a. for 24 months offer on balance transfers with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. Read our step-by-step guide to balance transfers with St.George for tips when moving your debt to your new card. Cardholders must apply before 26 September 2018. Any remaining balances at the end of the promotional period is subject to the cash advance rate. You can transfer a minimum of $200 worth of balances from up to 3 non-St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne cards up to 80% of your available credit limit.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for hospital and medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to 6 months when you put at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs on your St.George Vertigo Platinum card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental vehicle excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Purchase insurance. When you make a new purchase using your card you’ll be covered against theft, loss or damage for up to 4 months.
- Price guarantee cover. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price back on an eligible purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days, up to $300.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty.
- Personal concierge service. Whether you need to make a dinner reservation, find tickets to a sold out concert or send a gift to someone, you can get in touch with your personal concierge when in Australia or overseas for 24/7 assistance.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, giving you more time to pay off your purchases before incurring interest.
Features of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
Here are the other key features to consider when you're comparing the St.George Vertigo Platinum with other options.
- Annual fee. This card comes with a $99 annual fee, which is relatively low compared to other platinum credit cards.
- Purchase rate. This card has a low ongoing purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. The St.George Vertigo Platinum has a standard variable cash advance rate of 19.49% p.a. Note that this interest rate will apply to any debt remaining from your balance transfer at the end of the introductory period.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost, you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account, giving you flexibility with how you spend.
- Security. St.George offers you a 24/7 fraud monitoring and Verified by Visa provides protection when shopping in store and online.
How to apply for a St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
Applying for the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card takes around 10 minutes online. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents:
- You’ll need to be over the age of 18
- Applicants must be permanent Australian residents
- A good credit history
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
- At least two of the following: Driver’s licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card
- Your primary income details
- Details of your assets, savings, investments and expenses
- The repayment amounts and balances owing on any liabilities
- Recent tax information if you are self-employed
The St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers a number of beneficial features, including a balance transfer offer, a low ongoing purchase rate and complimentary insurance. Weigh up the benefits and costs of this card when you're comparing your options so you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top