St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
Save with a low 12.99% interest rate on purchases and enjoy complimentary travel insurance with the Vertigo Platinum credit card.
The St.George Vertigo Platinum has a competitive 12.99% purchase interest rate and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases if you pay closing balance in full by the due date on each statement.
This card also enables you to travel and shop with peace of mind courtesy of a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- Low purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance and purchase insurance covers
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Platinum-tier card that does not offer a rewards program
- Charges a 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
If you're planning to travel, this platinum card also features complimentary overseas travel and medical insurance, purchase insurance and extended warranty insurance. While you won’t earn rewards for your spending, the Vertigo Platinum offers plenty of value for a competitive annual fee.
How to applyYou can apply for the St.George Vertigo Platinum online in around 10 minutes and can receive a response instantly. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents:
- Residency. In order to apply online, you must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and history to apply.
- Balance transfer. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt, St.George allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian-issued cards not from St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Proof of identification. At least two of the following: Driver's licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Finances. You'll need to include your primary income details, as well as information regarding your assets, savings, investments and expenses. This includes the repayment amounts and balances owing on any liabilities.
- Employment. You'll need to include your employer's name and contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to include recent tax information.
- Balance transfer details. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt(s), you'll be asked to list how much debt you're applying to transfer as well as details regarding the account(s) you're moving it from.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a competitively low variable purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for hospital and medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to 6 months when you put at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs on your St.George Vertigo Platinum card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental vehicle excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Purchase insurance. When you make a new purchase using your card, you'll be covered against theft, loss or damage for up to 4 months.
- Price guarantee cover. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price back on an eligible purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days, up to $300.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. By adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet, you can easily make tap and go payments straight from your phone or other eligible devices.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $99.
- Cash advances. The St.George Vertigo Platinum charges a variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a. Cash advance transactions are also subject to a fee of 2% of each cash advance amount (minimum of $2.50 capped at $150 per transaction).
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. Transactions made in a foreign currency are subject to a fee of 3% of the Australian dollar value.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost, you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account.