GoTalk mobile phone plans
GoTalk offers prepaid SIMs with a mix of calling options for both local and international calls.
Is GoTalk right for me?
- What does GoTalk offer? A variety of pay-as-you-go (PAYG) and traditional prepaid plans over the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks, aimed at folks with friends and family overseas, with discounted international call rates to select countries.
- Product highlights: Multiple PAYG plans tailored to different needs, discounted international call rates, 90-day expiry options.
- Watch out for: GoTalk's various PAYG plans differ significantly in both their local and international call rates. Be sure to consider which one best matches your calling habits before signing up.
GoTalk prepaid plans
GoTalk's prepaid plans explained
- GoTalk's Anytime plan is aimed at budget-conscious Australians who mostly make calls to landline numbers within the country. Calls to Australian landlines are charged at 0c/min with a 29c flagfall.
- GoTalk's MAX plan is designed for those with friends and family overseas. Along with discounted international call rates, the MAX plan includes 0c calls to China, Malaysia and Singapore during the off-peak hours of midnight to 11am AEST.
- GoTalk's Straight Talk Plus plan strikes a balance between GoTalk's other PAYG plans, with 15c national landline and mobile calls plus discounted international call rates to select countries.
- GoTalk's Aussie plans are more in line with other modern prepaid offerings, packing unlimited national calls and texts along with a quota of monthly data. Two Aussie plans are available: one with 2GB of monthly data and the other with 4GB of monthly data.
The 3 PAYG plans expire after 90 days, while the GoTalk Aussie plans last for just 30 days.
Beyond the call rates, GoTalk charges a flat 5c/MB for mobile data on its Anytime, MAX and Straight Talk Plus plans. If you use up all the included data on either of GoTalk's Aussie plans, you'll also be charged at that same 5c/MB rate for any excess data you use.
How does GoTalk compare?
- Wide variety of plans to suit different needs
- PAYG plans only charge you for the calls and data you use
- "Aussie" plans offer considerably less value than competing prepaid plans
Because GoTalk offers both PAYG prepaid plans as well as capped plans, it can compete on two different fronts in the mobile market.
Why should you consider GoTalk?
If you're looking for a highly competitive, capped prepaid plan, you'll probably want to give GoTalk a miss. On the other hand, if it's a low-rate PAYG plan you're after, GoTalk has the goods.
With three distinct PAYG plans targeting different types of phone users, you can choose the plan that best suits your particular needs – there's no reason to pay for discount international rates if you never call overseas. Best of all, you can switch between GoTalk's different PAYG plans any time you recharge, so if you suddenly find yourself with a long-distance buddy in America, you can change your phone plan accordingly.
GoTalk customers also enjoy free five-minute calls to any other GoTalk mobile number, which can be handy if you have friends or family already signed up to the telco.
GoTalk prepaid recharge options
To get started, you'll first need to purchase a SIM card. You can either order one from the GoTalk website or pick one up from a variety of Aussie retailers.
Once you've done that, you have three options for recharging:
- In-store: You can purchase prepaid recharge vouchers from a number of Aussie retailers including 7-Eleven, Australia Post, Coles and Woolworths
- Online: Visit www.gotalkmobile.com.au to recharge online with your credit card
- Phone: Call 126 467 from the same mobile your GoTalk SIM card is in and follow the prompts
GoTalk mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact GoTalk
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert