American Express Velocity Business Card
Enjoy a bonus 100,000 Velocity Points with a new American Express Velocity Business Card.
The American Express Velocity Business Card offers no pre-set spending limit and convenient expense-tracking features, including MYOB integration. If you're new to American Express, you'll earn a bonus 100,000 Velocity Points when you apply by 30 June 2021 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of card membership.
How to apply
You can apply for the American Express Velocity Business Card online in minutes and Amex will review your application in as little as 30 seconds. Before you get started, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Business revenue. Your business must have an annual revenue of $75,000 or more.
- Residency. You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score with no history of bad debt or payment default.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- ABN. Your business must have a valid ABN registered for GST.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and residential address.
- Business information. You'll need to include the name of your business and your registered ABN.
- Finances. You'll need to provide proof of individual annual income and business revenue through recent bank statements and payslips.
- 100,000 bonus Velocity Points. Boost your frequent flyer points balance and status with this offer when you apply by 30 June 2021 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months. The bonus 100,000 Velocity Points will be awarded within 8-10 weeks of meeting the eligible spending criteria. This offer is only available to new card members who have not held an American Express card in the past 18 months.
- Velocity Points per $1 spent. You'll earn 1 Velocity Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases with this card. When you use the card to make valid Virgin Australia purchases, you'll earn 2 Velocity Points per $1 spent and you can also earn 0.5 points per $1 spent on government transactions. Your Velocity Points are automatically transferred to your frequent flyer account each month and you can redeem them for flights with Virgin Australia and its partners, accommodation, products from the Velocity Store and much more.
- Virgin Australia lounge passes. Travel in style with two complimentary single entry lounge passes to the Virgin Australia lounge at selected domestic airports every year. The perks will vary between lounges, but you can usually look forward to complimentary snacks, buffet meals and a full-stocked bar as well as work stations, desktop computers and high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Complimentary domestic and overseas travel insurance. When you use the card to pay for business travel, you and your additional cardholders will be covered by complimentary travel insurance. Please see the card insurances terms and conditions for the eligibility requirements, inclusions and exclusions.
- Travel inconvenience cover. This insurance covers you in the case of flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage as long as you purchase your trip using your card.
- Transport accident cover. If you're travelling for business, American Express will waive up to $20,000 of outstanding charges on your card if you're in a serious accident.
- Easy tracking of business expenditure. In your monthly statements American Express will outline your GST-payable amount (where available) for transactions. Plus, you can download and keep track of statements and transactions using MYOB for easy business reporting.
- Card security. If your card is lost or stolen, you can usually get an emergency card replacement within 48 hours to virtually anywhere in the world. Online Fraud Protection Guarantee means your business won't be held responsible for unauthorised purchases made on your account.
- Mobile contactless payments. Whether you use an iPhone, Android or Samsung device, you can use Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to make convenient contactless payments with your smartphone at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $249 p.a. annual fee.
- Additional cardholders. You can request additional cardholders onto your account for a fee of $99 p.a.
- Interest-free days. You have up to 51 days to pay off your purchases in full which gives you time to get your finances in order as your statements are monthly.