American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
Enjoy an introductory 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and premium travel perks.
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards card offers up to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent, triple points on eligible Qantas flights and two Qantas Club lounge passes each year.
How to applyIf you've decided the American Express Qantas Business Rewards card is the right account for your business, you can apply online by clicking through to the secure application form. For quicker processing, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the relevant details and documents on hand:
- Minimum income. Your business must have an annual revenue of at least $75,000.
- New cardholder. In order to be eligible for the bonus points, you cannot currently hold or have held an American Express card in the last 18 months.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Business details. You must have a valid ABN (Australian Business Number) and your business must be registered for GST.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history with no payment defaults.
- Personal details. You will need to provide personal information including your full name, contact number and email address. You'll also need to provide the details of your personal pre-tax income.
- Business details. This includes your business name, contact details and business financial information.
- Qantas Business Rewards details. You will need to provide the details of your Qantas Business Rewards membership to earn points with this card.
- 150,000 bonus Qantas Points. Collect 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply for this card by 30 June 2021, are approved and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months from your card approval date. Note that this offer is only available if you're a new card member and have not held a card issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18-month period.
- Triple Qantas Points for business flights. Use this card to book business travel through Qantas Business Rewards and you'll earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights with QF booking code when they are operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines. Note that eligible flights must also be purchased in Australia (for both domestic and international travel).
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. This card earns 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services, 1.25 points per $1 spent on everyday purchases and 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, non-American Express insurance policies and with government bodies.
- American Express AccessLine. With this card, you can use the American Express AccessLine platform to make payments to domestic and international merchants, even if they don't accept American Express card payments. Just pre-register your suppliers and make payments through the online system using your Amex card. A 2.15% trade service fee applies for this option.
- Qantas Club lounge invitations. To claim the 2 complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year, you'll need to register your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your American Express Qantas Business Rewards card, then use it to make an eligible Qantas purchase during your membership year. This could include Qantas flights with a QF flight number, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards membership fees or Qantas Club joining or membership fees. The lounge invitations will be assigned to the account within 1-2 weeks of meeting this spend requirement, and you can then access them by visiting the Complimentary Invitations Portal.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for you, your partner, your dependents and any additional card members when you use your card to purchase return domestic or international flights for business travel. For full terms and conditions, read the insurance policy booklet available on the American Express website.
- Mobile payments. You can add this card to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, which allows you to make payments directly from your compatible mobile phone or device.
- Accounting features and services. This card offers integration with MYOB, which allows you to set up an automatic data feed of your card transactions. You can also keep track of expenses, statements and account details through your American Express account.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $450.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 99 additional cards at no extra cost.
- Repayments. This is a charge card, so the balance must be paid in full by the due date on each statement.
- Interest-free period. This card offers up to 51 days interest-free for each statement period. Note that the number of interest-free days will depend on when in your statement cycle each purchase is made. As an example, a transaction made on the first day of your statement period would be interest-free for the full 51 days, while a transaction on the second day would get 50 days interest-free, and one made on day 50 of your statement cycle would be interest-free for one day only.
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership. While a Qantas Business Rewards membership usually costs $89.50, there is no membership fee if your business has the American Express Qantas Business Reward Card.