Compare credit cards with 60 second approval and eligibility requirements that suit you.
You can apply for most Australian credit cards easily online. Although you can receive approval within 60 seconds, you'll need to meet the eligibility requirements before you can get a credit card. You can use this guide to compare credit cards with instant approval and realistic eligibility requirements. We also break down the steps you can take to apply for a card online and increase your chances of approval.
Compare instant approval and low income credit cards
Compare easy* credit cards to apply for online
If you meet the eligibility requirements and provide the necessary information, you can receive a response within 60 seconds with the credit cards below:
- ANZ Low Rate card. Apply online for the ANZ Low Rate card to get a response in 60 seconds.
- Virgin No Annual Fee credit card. This card charges no annual fee and offers a low minimum credit limit.
- Westpac Low Rate card. A card with a low interest rate on purchases and a simple application process.
Can I really get easy and instant approval?
If you meet the eligibility requirements and complete the application correctly, you can usually expect a response within 60 seconds. You can usually complete the application online within 15 minutes. It's a simple process, but you still need to meet the eligibility requirements to get approval. You may find that some cards are easier to apply for than others because they have eligibility criteria (such as income requirements and credit limits) that better suit your situation.
All Australian credit card issuers will only approval applicants who have a good credit history, so you can order a free copy of your report and credit score from finder to get started. If you have already applied for a credit card and been rejected, you should spend some time improving your credit score and comparing cards with suitable eligibility terms and conditions before you apply for another card.
Get Your Free Credit Score
Which types of credit cards are easier to apply for?
Credit card application requirements generally increase in demand with premium cards that include more perks and benefits. The following types of credit cards may have lower requirements that could suit your needs:
- Low income credit cards. You usually need to meet a minimum annual income threshold to apply for a credit card. Low income credit cards usually accept cardholders with a good credit history and an income of at least $15,000 p.a. You'll need to provide proof of your income (including recent payslips and details of your employer), so it's important to prepare these before beginning your application.
- Low rate cards. Low rate credit cards typically come with a competitive purchase interest rate but fewer extra features (such as rewards, complimentary insurance and travel credits) than premium cards. However, these low rate cards are also more likely to have lower income requirements and may be easier to apply for. These cards will also help you reduce your interest costs if you're unable to pay your balance in full every statement period.
- Low credit limit credit cards. Cards with stricter income requirements may have more features and higher credit limits. If you have a low income, you can compare cards with low credit limits that start at around $500 to find a card that suits your financial situation and eligibility requirements.
- Joint account cards. If you don’t earn enough to apply for a credit card, you can consider applying for one as a joint applicant, by combining your income with your partner’s income. If your partner has an existing credit card, you can even think about getting an additional card linked to it for you. You can compare cards that offer joint accounts here.
- Low annual fee cards. Annual cards on credit cards vary, but cards with low fees are likely to have fewer extra features and may have lower income requirements.
How to apply for a credit card online
Once you've compared your options, you can apply for a credit card online and receive a response within 60 seconds. Every card has specific requirements, but these are some of the eligibility criteria, documents and information you'll need to complete your application:
To apply, you would usually have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re at least 18 years of age
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian citizen
- You have a regular source of income and meet the minimum annual income requirement
- You have a good credit history
Necessary documents and information
You also need to provide different types of information, which could include the following:
- Your complete name, date of birth, and details from your Australian driver’s license or passport
- Your residential address, email address, and phone number
- Your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Details of your income and expenses including a recent payslip
Most credit cards are easy to apply for online, but remember that you'll need to meet the eligibility criteria and compare your options before you apply.Back to top