Credit cards for high income earners
Compare credit cards with premium features, frequent flyer perks and high minimum income requirements.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Credit cards for high income earners usually offer larger credit limits and premium perks including frequent flyer programs, concierge services, complimentary insurance and airport lounge passes. The benefits usually come at the cost of higher annual fees and interest rates. You can use this guide to compare credit cards with high income requirements and learn more about the features you can expect from these cards.
Compare credit cards with high minimum income requirements
What is a high income credit card?
When you apply for a credit card, you may be required to meet a minimum annual income requirement to be approved. A card with a "high" income requirement could range between $35,000 and $1o0,000 per year. They're suited to people who regularly spend with a credit card, will repay their balance in full each month and can take full advantage of the card's features to justify the annual fee.
What features can I expect from one of these credit cards?
The specific features will vary between products, but credit cards for high income earners can offer the following:
- Frequent flyer or rewards points. Some of these credit cards are linked with frequent flyer programs or rewards points. You can earn points as you spend and redeem them for rewards including flights, accommodation, gift cards and more. These cards often reward new cardholders with thousands of bonus points when they sign up and meet the spend requirement.
- Travel perks. This could include passes to airport lounges, travel credits, flight vouchers.
- Complimentary insurance. These cards usually offer complimentary travel insurance and purchase covers including extended warranty protection. Eligibility criteria, inclusions and exclusions apply, so make sure to check out the insurance policy documents.
- Concierge service. Many platinum cards come with a personal concierge service who can help you with anything from organising a holiday, booking a work function or organising a gift for a loved one.
- Higher credit limit. The credit limit you're approved for will vary depending on your financial situation, but these cards usually offer higher credit limits than other lower-tier products.
Credit cards with high minimum income requirements often come with competitive benefits. The income criteria is just one of many factors that the lender will consider when reviewing your credit card application, so make sure to consider the other requirements before you apply.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 3: How to get the most out of a credit card
How to cut debt and make your credit card work for you.
Rejected out of hand: 1.5 million Aussies knocked back for a credit card
The fear of getting rejected for a credit card is real, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Over the limit: Pandemic pushes 2 million Aussies beyond credit means
Soaring unemployment and wage cuts have seen people increasingly overdrawing their credit cards, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
Best graphics cards in Australia
Whether you’re putting together a 4K beast, a VR-ready machine or just want to try out PC gaming cheaply, these are the best graphics cards you can buy.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
How will proposed “simpler credit” rules affect Australian borrowers?
The federal treasurer has announced plans to make it easier to get credit cards, home loans and personal loans. But it's borrower beware.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.