Bendigo Bank Rewards
Got a Bendigo Bank credit card that earns rewards points? Here's how to redeem them and how much value you can get.
The Bendigo Bank Rewards program lets you earn and redeem points on your everyday spending with a Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card.
Rewards include gift cards, retail items and charitable donations. You can also check your reward point balance in real-time and use Points Plus Pay to make up any difference when you want to redeem a particular reward.
How to earn Bendigo Bank Rewards Points
The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card is currently the only card linked to this rewards program. It earns 1.5 Bendigo Bank Rewards Points per $1 on eligible spending. This is competitive among rewards credit cards in Australia, especially as there is no limit or "cap" on the number of points you can earn.
But when you're comparing cards, keep in mind that Bendigo Bank Rewards Points expire after 3 years if you haven't redeemed them. And remember to consider the card's other features, rates and fees to help you decide if it's right for you.
What is eligible spending?
Most of your everyday purchases are eligible for earning points with a Bendigo Bank rewards credit card. This includes, groceries and retail shopping, petrol, dining out, travel bookings and bills that accept payment by credit card.
But you won't earn points for these transactions:
- Balance transfers
- Cash advances and cash equivalent transactions
- Transactions for gambling or gaming purposes
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) payments
- Any fee or charge, including any government charges or duties
- Interest and finance charges payable or paid on your credit card
- Disputed and unauthorised transactions
- Purchases that are refunded or reimbured
What can you redeem with Bendigo Bank Rewards Points?
- Travel. You may redeem your points for travel accessories, including luggage, backpacks, travel adaptors and travel pillows. But unlike many rewards credit cards, you can't transfer points to any frequent flyer programs.
- Gift cards. Using points only, you may redeem gift cards for shopping at Big W, Bunnings, Coles, Dymocks, Flight Centre, iTunes and more.
- Homeware. The homeware category offers items from grill pans and coffee machines to candles and duvets.
- Technology. Technology gadgets include a host of products such as headphones, chargers, cameras and phones.
- Health and lifestyle. Shopping under the "Be Active" and "Be Pampered" categories on the program website gives you access to health and lifestyle products from massagers to perfumes, dress watches to electric shavers.
- Charity donations. If you're feeling charitable, you may also give your points away to select charities including the RSPCA, Australian Red Cross and UNICEF.
- Cashback. To get cashback on your Bendigo Bank account, you need to log in and click on the "Cash Back" link under your Points Balance. You'll then see the cashback choices available to you.
How much are Bendigo Bank points worth?
1 Bendigo Bank Rewards Point is typically worth around 0.24 and 0.27 cents. This is based on Finder analysis of a range of rewards available on the Bendigo Bank Rewards site.
But the value of rewards does vary depending on what you redeem your points for. And because you can't redeem 1 point for anything, it's often useful to consider how much value you'll get for each 1,000 points redeemed.
So, here are some examples of what your points might be worth:
|Reward||Points needed||Reward value in dollars||Value per 1,000 points|
|$50 Coles gift card||18,520||$50||$2.69|
|$100 Westfield gift card||38,325||$100||$2.60|
|Breville the Power Toastie in Grey||43,670||$99.95 RRP||$2.28|
|Apple iPad 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular (Blue) [10th Gen]||467,040||$1,249 RRP||$2.67|
How we calculated these reward values
We used details publicly available on the Bendigo Bank Rewards site in October 2023. We chose a variety of different rewards and point values as examples. For each reward, we calculated the cash value, then divided that by the number of points required to calculate the value per 1,000 points redeemed.
You can also use Finder's helpful points calculator to work out the value of any reward.
How to redeem Bendigo Bank Rewards Points
To redeem your Bendigo Bank Rewards Points, first head to the Bendigo Bank rewards website. You will see a list of participating outlets through which you can purchase gift cards or goods. To redeem your selection, simply log into your account.
How to decide if the Bendigo Bank Rewards program is worth it for you
If you're thinking of getting a Bendigo Bank Rewards credit card, it's important to compare your options first. This will help you to apply for the card that best suits your needs and financial situation. When narrowing down your options, you can consider the following factors:
- Earn rate. The earn rate for a card determines how quickly you’ll be making those rewards redemptions. In this case, the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card has an earn rate of 1.5 points per $1 spent, which is competitive to other cards on the market. If you spend money overseas a lot, other rewards programs give you additional points for international spending.
- Points cap. If you use your credit card a lot, it might be handy that there is no cap on the number of points you can earn in a year.
- Fees and interest rates. The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards has an annual fee of $89. You should compare this against the potential value of the rewards.
- Interest-free days. The Bendigo Platinum Rewards credit card offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. This feature is available from the start of each statement period and allows you to save money on interest charges for your purchases. Because Bendigo Bank calculates interest from the statement date (instead of the date the purchase is made), you can get interest-free days even if you carry a balance. In comparison, most other credit card providers only offer interest-free days if you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
- Complimentary extras. Extra features and perks can help offset the cost of the card you choose. In this case, the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers complimentary extras including international travel insurance and purchase insurance.
- Use of the card. Make sure you're not making additional purchases that you can't afford to repay just to build the points. The points you earn will not outweigh the amount of interest you may end up paying if you fail to meet repayments.
Compare Bendigo Bank credit cards
How to apply for a Bendigo Bank Rewards credit card
- Compare your options. Research all the different credit cards on the market and read our finder.com.au card reviews before deciding which card to apply for.
- Read the fine print. Read the card’s product disclosure statement and small print, and get acquainted with all the terms and conditions of your chosen card. Make sure that you also meet all of the card’s listed eligibility criteria.
- Apply online. When you’re ready, head over to the Bendigo card page of your choice and click “Apply now”.
- Fill out the online form. The form asks for your requested credit limit at the outset, followed by your financial details, then your regular personal details. Have the relevant information ready pertaining to employment, earnings and expenses, assets and liabilities to speed up the process. You will finally be asked to submit documentation for identity verification purposes and to authorise the customary credit check.
- Submit the application. Once you’ve submitted your card application, you will receive confirmation about whether you have been conditionally approved, and further instructions about what to do to advance your application.
Depending on your spending habits, lifestyle and rewards earning preferences, the Bendigo Bank Rewards program may be a suitable fit for you. Remember though to compare your options and to weigh up any potential costs against the benefits before choosing a card.
- Bendigo Bank Rewards site
- Breville the Power Toastie in Grey RRP via Breville on 18 October 2023
- Apple iPad 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular RRP via Apple Australia on 18 October 2023
- Pictures: Shutterstock, supplied
More guides on Finder
Bendigo Bank Ready Credit Card
This new Bendigo Bank credit card has no annual fee, no international transaction fees and complimentary insurance, so is it right for you?
Bendigo Bank Bright Credit Card
The Bendigo Bank Bright Credit Card offers a low purchase rate and a $59 annual fee.
Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card
Earn Qantas Points on eligible spending and get access to Qantas Business Rewards offers and discounts with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card.
Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card
Collect Qantas Points per $1 spent and save with complimentary insurance covers with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card.
Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card
This low rate business credit card offers expense management features and a choice of company, individual or joint and several liability for the account.
Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Enjoy a competitive earn rate, complimentary travel and purchase insurance options and an annual fee of $89 with the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards card.
Ask an Expert