Get rewarded on your everyday spend and enjoy a long-term 0% p.a. for 18 months balance transfer offer.
As a part of the BankSA Amplify Rewards program, you can choose whether you earn Qantas or Amplify Points. Two ways to save and two valuable rewards programs should make you think twice about this credit card.
Customers who apply before 18 April 2018 can benefit from a 0% p.a. for 18 months balance transfer offer with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee.
|Product Name||BankSA Amplify Card|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (20.24% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||18 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- The BankSA Amplify Card lets you choose between two different rewards programs. Cardholders can choose between the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and Amplify Rewards.
- Enjoy a long-term balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 18 months.
- For new cardholders who wish to accrue Qantas Points instead of Amplify Rewards, the Amplify Qantas joining fee will be waived. This is a saving of approximately $80. This offer is limited to one membership per account.
- The Amplify Qantas option only lets you earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent, which is not competitive when compared to the average among other cards of 1:1.
- Average interest rates on purchases at 19.49% p.a. is quite high.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies.
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
BankSA Amplify Card review
With this rewards card from BankSA, you choose the program that makes sense for you. Travellers will benefit most by earning points towards the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, or be a part of the Amplify program and redeem your points for a wide range of merchandise. The card is issued by Visa, giving you a chance to accumulate points from purchasing in millions of locations around the globe. There may not be many extras and perks with this card, but if you are looking for a simple and inexpensive way to manage your day to day expenses and earn rewards, this is one way to do it.
Benefits of using a BankSA Amplify Card
The BankSA Amplify Card provides you with a number of benefits that make it a valuable option for a rewards credit card:
- Balance transfer offer. A 0% p.a. for 18 months balance transfer offer with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee is available until 18 April 2018. After the promotional period expires, any remaining balance is charged at the variable cash advance rate.
- Rewards program. You get to choose whether to use this card to earn Amplify Points or Qantas Points. With Amplify you get 1 point per dollar, while the ratio is half a point for each dollar if you choose Qantas. Both programs also offer you ways to earn bonus points through purchases with their partners. With Qantas this will happen twice, first with your Amplify credit card, and then again with the partner. Both programs give you the chance to earn points for flights or valuable merchandise from their online stores, providing you with a great deal of flexibility in how you use your points.
- Uncapped points. No matter which rewards program you choose, your point earning ability will not be capped.
- Interest-free days on purchases. You can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. In order to qualify, you must be paying your balance off in full each month, including any balance transfers.
Features of the BankSA Amplify Card
There are elements to some of the features of this credit card that will make it stand out. Yet before making a final choice be sure to make comparisons with various cards and determine which suits your needs in the best way:
- Cash advance rate. If you use the card to withdraw cash over the counter or at an ATM the balance of that transaction is charged at a rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $79.
- Cash advance fee. In addition to interest, cash advances also incur a fee of 2%.
- Foreign transaction fee. 3% of the Australian dollar amount is charged for any transaction based outside of Australia.
- Minimum credit limit. The minimum amount of credit that will be offered to you is $500. This amount could be higher depending on your income and credit history.
- Additional cardholders. You are allowed 1 additional card at no cost provided that the user is at least 16 years of age.
- Card type. You will be issued a Visa credit card if approved for this account.
Reward credit cards provide Australians a great way to make their spending count for them. If you want flexibility in your rewards programs, yet a simple account to manage with a number of money savings perks, then the Amplify card is one to consider.
How to apply for the BankSA Amplify Card
The BankSA will give you a response in 60 seconds when you apply online. Check that you meet the eligibility criteria before completing the secure online application form if you have found that this is the right credit card for you:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to be approved for this credit card offer.
- This credit card offer is only available to Australian permanent residents.
- You will need to show that you are receiving income on a regular basis.
Having the following documentation within arm’s reach will make filling in the application easier:
- Two forms of identification are required for BankSA to be able to confirm your identity.
- Your employer’s name and contact information
- Pay slips, current tax documents or bank deposits can all be used to show a steady income.
- The amount of money you are spending on your monthly expenses