We've figured out how much your ANZ reward points are worth, so you can choose the ideal rewards card.
The ANZ Rewards credit card offers all the rewards that you’d expect like flights, travel, gift card and merchandise. It’s available as a Visa or American express card and when you sign up with any ANZ Rewards credit card, you may be able to benefit from the current bonus points offer.
'Customers can also choose how they redeem their points. Points can be redeemed manually via the website or the call centre or by setting up auto-redemption’ says Joanne McCulloch, ANZ Media Relations Adviser.
‘Auto-redemption allows for points to automatically be redeemed for a selected item periodically, or when customers have accumulated sufficient Reward Points for the chosen reward. For example, a customer may choose to receive a $100 Myer Gift Card as soon as they have enough Reward Points to redeem that reward.'
Points expire after 36 months, so if you’re saving those points for a big overseas holidays, you need to remember to transfer them to an airline program.
ANZ Rewards Credit Card
The ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card lets you earn Reward points for purchases at ANZ’s highest earn rate. You can turn your everyday purchases into everyday rewards such as gift cards, frequent flyer points, travel & accommodation and more.
- $375 p.a. annual fee
- 18.79% p.a. on purchases
- Cash Advance Rate of 20.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum Income Requirement of $75,000 p.a.
Comparison of ANZ Reward Credit Cards
Rates last updated December 11th, 2016.
- ANZ Rewards Credit Card
Receive 25000 bonus Rewards Points
June 15th, 2016
- ANZ Rewards Platinum
Receive 50,000 bonus Reward Points
June 15th, 2016
- ANZ Rewards Black Credit Card
Removed annual fee waiver and minimum spend requirements on bonus points offer.
June 15th, 2016
The ANZ rewards point system
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points for every $1 spent on purchases using your ANZ Rewards American Express card, to maximise your points earning
- Earn 0.75 Reward Points for every $1 spent on purchases using your ANZ Rewards Visa card, with ANZ Visa payWave and the convenience of 29 million locations worldwide
What are the value of my ANZ reward points?
|Product||Recommended Retail Price||ANZ Reward Points||ANZ points = $AUD*|
|Donna Hay 12 Month Magazine Subscription||$45||9190||$5361|
|Breville the Cook Me Tender Slow Cooker||$89.95||21760||$12693|
|Pierre Cardin Italian Suede Bag with Soft Leather Trim in Taupe||$161.50||25845||$15079|
How to make the most of your ANZ Rewards card
When it comes to making the most our of your rewards system, it could be wise to compare the value of your points when you redeem for either travel or shopping rewards. If you’re mostly interested in shopping rewards redemption then it may pay to compare the ANZ rewards range. Below is a comparison of ANZ Rewards credit cards in terms of shopping rewards value.
|Annual Spend Levels|
ANZ Frequent Flyer Classic
|Value (Myer Vouchers)||$67||$133||$200||$333||$533|
|Net Rewards Value||-$28||$38||$105||$238||$438|
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum
|Value (Myer Vouchers)||$89||$178||$267||$444||$711|
|Net Rewards Value||-$206||-$117||-$28||$149||$416|
ANZ Rewards Platinum
|Value (Myer Vouchers)||$135||$270||$405||$676||$1,081|
|Net Rewards Value||-$14||$121||$256||$527||$932|
ANZ Rewards Classic
|Value (Myer Vouchers)||$105||$210||$315||$526||$841|
|Net Rewards Value||$16||$121||$226||$437||$752|
If you want to transfer to a flights reward program, you need to figure out how to convert your ANZ points. If you’re interested in flight rewards, your choice may depend upon which airline you prefer to fly with as both ANZ card ranges will result in similar points earning for both Qantas and Virgin flights. Lets assume you convert your ANZ reward points to Velocity points - you need 2,250 ANZ points to convert to 1000 Velocity Points. Below is a comparison of ANZ Frequent Flyer and Rewards card in terms of earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points vs ANZ Rewards points and converting them to Velocity Rewards points.
|Qantas Frequent Flyer / Velocity Points Earned||Annual Spend Levels|
|ANZ Frequent Flyer Classic|
|ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum|
|ANZ Rewards Classic|
|ANZ Rewards Platinum|
The extras with ANZ rewards points
ANZ Rewards Points can also be converted into other airline loyalty points. These include Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. Look below for the transfer rates:
- Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars
200 Rewards Points become 1 Airpoint Dollar. Minimum transaction amount of 3,000 points and must transfer further amounts in multiples of 1,500 points.
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles
3 Rewards Points get you 1 KrisFlyer Mile. Minimum transaction amount of 6,000 points to be eligible to convert, with additional amounts being converted in multiples of 3,000 points.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
2 ANZ Rewards Points convert into 1 Asia Mile. This has a minimum transaction amount of 3,000 Reward Points, with further amounts needing to be in multiples of 1,500.
Enjoy great overseas travel and medical insurance providing cover for the primary cardholder and any additional cardholders, as well as their family. $250 minimum spend required on the card to activate the cover.
Additional cardholders are also covered regardless of whether they are travelling with the primary cardholder or not, which is a unique offering.
Other travel or purchase insurance includes:
- Transport Accident Cover
- Rental excess cover
- Purchase Security cover
- Extended Warranty
- Best Price Guarantee Scheme
- Interstate Flight inconvenience insurance
Variable points plus pay option
This allows you to claim a merchandise reward before you have earned enough points, and to decide how many reward points to redeem, although it must be a minimum of 2,000 in increments of 5. You can then pay for the rest of the reward using your ANZ Rewards card, with a minimum of $5. This means you do not have to wait for too long to claim the goods you want.
When you are ready to redeem your points earned on your ANZ Rewards card, you can choose from shopping vouchers and gift cards, merchandise and gifts, frequent flyer points, travel and accommodation, and entertainment offers. Shopping vouchers and gifts cards are available in $20, $50 and $100 denominations and can be exchanged at some of Australia’s leading retailers. You can even choose how you redeem your reward points, either via an auto-redemption or a manual option. With the manual option you can save up for as long as you want and make your choice whenever you like. With the auto-redemption option there are three choices;
- Annual Auto-Redemption (once a year)
- Periodic Auto-Redemption (every 3, 6 or 12 months)
- Reward Value Auto-Redemption (whenever your Reward Points accumulate to the reward value of your choice)
According to Joanne, the ANZ Rewards is a product designed to offer the customer value and choice. Customers can choose what to redeem their points for, with ANZ Rewards offering a wide range of items such as:
- Cashback on their ANZ Rewards card or another ANZ account.
- A wide variety of gift cards from major retailers and specialty stores including Myer, David Jones, Bunnings and Westfield (which can now be used in any Woolworths grocery store nationally), Caltex, iTunes, Dymocks and Kmart.
- Entertainment vouchers, such as cinema tickets, bowling and theme parks.
- A huge selection of merchandise across almost all shopping categories such as kitchenware, electrical, women’s accessories, toys, books etc.
- Frequent flyer air miles including Velocity Frequent Flyer points, Cathay Pacific Air Miles, Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles.
- General travel, including flights, accommodation and car hire.
Benefits of ANZ Rewards cards
- Earning points. Earn one point for every $1 spent, excluding cash transactions
- Redeem points. Redeem points for different rewards, including shopping vouchers, gift cards, flight, travel, and merchandise
- Auto-redemption. Set up auto-redemption so your chosen reward is sent automatically when you become eligible to receive it
- Option of Variable Points Plus Pay
- Points do not expire. Your rewards points do not expire as long as your account remains open
- Book flights online with ANZ Holiday Rewards
- Perks and exclusive packages. Visa entertainment provides access to special events, exclusive merchandise packages and home entertainment product
Awards and Achievements
- ANZ Rewards offers competitive earn to burn ratios, allowing customers to earn a $100 gift voucher by spending less than $12,500.
- Customers can earn points even faster by using the American Express companion card.
There are also are many options available for customers to redeem across all price points, so if a customer wants to save their points for a big ticket item, then we have great appliances, gift cards and travel options. However, we also have a great range of small items so customer can choose to redeem more frequently, such a double pass movie tickets, $20 gift cards, accessories and gadgets.
ANZ Rewards also features a selection of Rewards On Sale every quarter, discounting popular items with savings up to 60%.Back to top
DesignMyCard and apply
Now you can create an individual ANZ credit card by choosing your own image as a background. Find out what sort of image will be acceptable, and which may be rejected. Make an application for a new ANZ credit card by first designing how you would like it to look.
Anyone who currently has, or wants to apply for, an ANZ Access Advantage debit card, an ANZ Low Rate or an ANZ First Visa Credit Card can have their own design printed on their card. This is a simple matter of visiting ANZ’s DesignMyCard.com.au and either uploading their favourite photo or design, or choosing an image from ANZ’s own image library.
If you are a new customer of ANZ, or you don’t have an ANZ account at the moment, you will need to;
- Apply to be an ANZ cardholder first
- Choose from the ANZ Access Advantage, the ANZ Low Rate, the ANZ Balance Visa, or the ANZ First
- Design your card to your personal taste
- Complete an application onlineBack to top