Lost baggage or cancellations can ruin your wallet as well as your holiday, so get covered by Webjet Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection.
Webjet Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection is the basic travel insurance option provided by Webjet. This insurance provides very limited cover.
Webjet Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection
The Webjet Trip Cancellation and Luggage policy covers you for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation. If you have paid for travel and accommodation in advance, and you are unable to travel, Webjet cover the cancellation fees, and nonrefundable deposits.
- Lost rewards. Webjet travel insurance will also pay for lost frequent flyer points or other rewards points which you used to purchase a ticket you can no longer use. You will be reimbursed for the rewards points through your travel insurance if you cannot recover the loss from another source.
Your luggage and personal effects cover provides a benefit for:
- Repair and replacement. If your luggage or personal effects are accidentally lost, stolen or damaged on your journey, Webjet travel insurance covers the repair costs or replacement value.
- Depreciation value. In determining the value of your luggage and personal items, Webjet will apply depreciation calculations according to age, wear and tear. Depreciation will not be applied to items which were purchased duty free before your departure.
- Original value. The benefit you receive under the luggage and personal effects feature of your policy will not be greater than the original value of the item. Your insurer also has the option to repair or replace the item directly, rather than pay you a benefit amount.
- Items in a motor vehicle. Luggage and personal items which are stolen from within a motor vehicle are only eligible for a claim if the item was in a locked compartment, entry was forced and the theft or damage occurred during daylight hours.
There are several exclusions and conditions which apply to your Cancellation and Luggage Protection plan, for example, you cannot claim a cancellation benefit if:
- You were aware before taking out travel insurance that there may be a reason you had to cancel your travel
- You cancel your travel as the result of the death, illness or injury of a relative with a pre-existing condition
- You cancel your plans in response to the illness, injury or death of anyone living outside of Australia or New Zealand
- You or your travelling companion change your minds
- You have business, financial or contractual obligations, excluding where redundancy is eligible
- Your tour operator is unable to fulfill arrangements because of a lack of group numbers
- You are delayed because of the rescheduling of a bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority
- Your transport or accommodation provider suffers financial collapse
- Your means of transport mechanically breaks down
- There is an act or threat of terrorism
- The leave granted to you is cancelled by your employer, excluding members of the Australian Defence Force
Your luggage and personal effects travel insurance excludes cover if:
- You do not report the theft or loss to the police and transport provider within 24 hours
- The personal items you are claiming for were checked into baggage going to the cargo hold of any aircraft, ship, train, tram or bus
- The theft or loss relates to a bicycle
- It is for the theft or loss of items left behind in a hotel after checking out, or left behind on an aircraft, ship, train, tram, taxi or bus
- You are claiming for theft or damage to watercraft, other than surfboards
- A piece of sporting equipment is damaged while in use, excluding the use of surfboards
- Your luggage or personal items were sent unaccompanied or under a freight contract
- The loss or damage is the result of cleaning or repairs
- The loss or damage is the result of wear and tear, deterioration, weather, insects or rodents
- Your items were left unsupervised in a public place
- You left your items unattended in a motor vehicle, not locked in a storage compartment
- Your items were left in a motor vehicle overnight
- The item has an electrical or mechanical breakdown
- The item is fragile or brittle, for example binoculars or photographic equipment
- You can be reimbursed by the bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority where the loss or theft occurred
- You are claiming for loss of or damage to cash, bank notes, currency notes or other trade-able items
You cannot feel more alone than when you are in the middle of a holiday emergency. However, when you have travel insurance with Webjet, you also have a direct line to the team at Allianz Global Assistance.
Allianz Global Assistance offers help and advice to Webjet travel insurance customers, 24 hours a day, wherever you are in the world. You can call for advice on an emergency, help with a claim, or to organise payment of benefits or reimbursement of costs. That is the best, and overarching benefit of travel insurance, because wherever you are in the world, and whatever has gone wrong with your travel plans, you’re not alone.Back to top
The protection and assistance of the Cancellation and Luggage travel insurance policy from Webjet is available to anyone 75 years or under. All you have to do is purchase your policy before you commence your trip, and ensure that the part of your journey covered under the policy beings and ends in Australia.
You’ll also have a 14 day cooling off period after you complete an application for Webjet travel insurance. This means you can change your mind without any obligation, and receive a full refund of any premiums you’ve paid, as long as you haven’t made a claim or started your trip.Back to top
If you do find yourself needing to recoup cancellation fees and deposits, or you need to claim for the loss, theft or damage of your luggage or other personal items, you can make a claim on your Webjet travel insurance by:
- Calling Allianz Global Assistance
- Keep your policy number on hand for a faster claims process
- Answering your insurer’s questions and completing the claim form over the phone where possible
- If additional documentation is required, send invoices, valuations, police reports and other records of the incident to your insurer as soon as possible
Once all the information has been received, your claim will then be processed within 10 business days. As careful as you are, and regardless of how many times you’ve travelled before, plans and go awry and accidents can happen. That is why Webjet has created a tailored package for cancellations and luggage protection, to protect you from the risks and expenses which can come with travel emergencies.Back to top