Visa Signature credit cards
Take advantage of big bonus points offers, more perks and worldwide acceptance with a Visa Signature credit card.
All Visa cards offer perks like worldwide acceptance and convenient ATM access, but Visa Signature credit cards boast specific features that are suited to big spenders and rewards seekers. Powered by Visa Premium, you can expect personalised service with a concierge, save with travel discounts and get your hands on concert tickets before the general public with exclusive pre-sales. These cards usually come with higher annual fees and interest rates than no-frill options.
Visa Signature credit cards are issued through different Australian banks including St.George, NAB, Citi and BankSA, so you can expect different benefits depending on where you get the card.
You can use this guide to compare Visa Signature credit cards, weigh up the perks against other options on the market and find the right card for you.
Compare Visa Signature credit cards
5 benefits you can enjoy with your Visa Signature credit cards
You can expect the following Visa Premium perks with your Visa Signature credit card:
1. 24/7 concierge service
Like your very own personal assistant, all Visa Signature cardholders have access to a 24/7 Visa Premium concierge service.
Whether you want to snag concert tickets in Sydney, make a last-minute restaurant reservation or hire a private yacht on your next vacation, your concierge service can organise it for you. You’ll have to pay for any purchases required to fulfil your request (such as the concert tickets), but the concierge service is complimentary with your card.
You can contact your Visa Premium concierge on 1800 639 607 in Australia.
2. Visa Front Line Access
You can reserve and purchase pre-sale tickets to events before the general public with Visa Front Line Access. Powered by Ticketek, you’ll need to complete the Visa Front Line Access online registration before you can get your hands on the exclusive tickets.
When you register, you’ll receive a unique code which you can use to log in and reserve your pre-sale tickets. Visa will notify you of the latest concerts and pre-sale opportunities via email.
3. Travel perks
You can save on your next holiday with a bunch of exclusive discounts and deals for Visa cardholders. The promotions vary, but can include discounts on online hotel bookings, airport lounge passes, dining, tours and holiday activities. You can see the current list of discounts on the Visa Premium website.
4. Global Customer Assistance
If your card has been lost, damaged or stolen, you can get help from the Visa Global Customer Assistance Services team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world. In Australia, the toll-free number is 1800 450 346. If you’re travelling overseas, you can find a complete list of local Visa customer service phone numbers on the Visa website.
Before you leave for your overseas trip, save the local Visa customer service phone number for your travel destination in your phone or somewhere else secure so it’s easy to find in the event that you need it.
5. Global acceptance and ATM network
You can use your Visa Signature card at tens of millions of merchants worldwide. While you can also take advantage of 1.9 million ATM locations worldwide, remember that using your credit card to withdraw cash is considered a cash advance. This means that you’ll be charged a cash advance fee and will immediately start collecting a high cash advance interest rate. If you have a Visa debit or prepaid card, it’s wise to save this for withdrawing cash instead of your credit card.
How to compare Visa Signature credit cards
While all Visa Signature credit cards boast the same Visa perks, you can expect different bank-issued features with each product. From bonus points and points earn rates to annual fees and interest rates, here’s how you can compare Visa Signature credit cards:
- Rewards programs. Most Visa Signature credit cards are linked to a rewards program. This may be a frequent flyer program (such as Qantas Frequent Flyer) or a bank rewards program (such as St.George Amplify or NAB Rewards). You’ll earn points per eligible $1 you spend on eligible purchases with your Visa, but earn rates will vary between cards. You can then redeem your points for rewards including flights, upgrades, travel packages, gift cards and more.
- Bonus points. Most Visa Signature rewards credit cards also boast large bonus points on sign up. You’ll usually need to meet a spend requirement (such as $4,000 in the first 90 days) to earn the points, but it’s an easy way to give your rewards balance a big boost if it aligns with your budget.
- Extra features. Depending on the card issuer, your Visa Signature credit card may also offer additional perks including airline lounge passes, complimentary international travel insurance, purchase security insurance and warranty cover. These extra perks can also help you get more value from your card.
- Annual fee. As a premium credit card, you can usually expect Visa Signature products to have higher annual fees than no-frill credit cards. These fees can sometimes vary between $150 and $300. Some cards may offer a promotional reduced annual fee in the first year, but make sure to check what the standard annual fee is before you apply.
- Purchase interest rate. Visa Signature credit cards usually have higher interest rates on purchases of around 19% p.a. These cards are better suited to cardholders who regularly pay their balance in full each month to avoid interest costs.
How do Visa Signature benefits compare to other premium card perks?
Visa Premium has two major competitors in the credit card market: American Express Experiences and Mastercard Platinum.
American Express Experiences and Amex Offers
Amex is renowned for its premium perks and every card offers access to American Express Experiences. Similar to Visa Signature cards, cardholders can access Amex Experiences concert ticket pre-sales. You can also relax before your next concert in style with comfortable seating and a well-stocked bar with access to American Express Experiences Lounges. There are three lounges located in Australia (two in Sydney and one in Brisbane).
Amex cardholders can also take advantage of shopping, dining, travel and entertainment deals through Amex Offers.
Mastercard Platinum credit card holders have access to a 24/7 concierge service and can shop with peace of mind thanks to purchase protection and extended warranty cover. If your card is used for fraudulent transactions, your account is protected by Mastercard Zero Liability. You get emergency assistance anywhere and anytime with Mastercard Global Services. You can also access exclusive travel perks, including dining experiences and travel discounts, with Mastercard Priceless Cities.
From concierge services to exclusive entertainment benefits, Visa Signature credit cards possess a number of perks. As the specific features and costs will vary between cards, compare your options before you apply.
Images: ShutterstockBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.