Virgin Mobile doubles down on data for $30 plan
$30 for 3GB data on a 12 month SIM-only plan.
Virgin Mobile has long sold itself in the value space for those who want access but don’t want to spend a fortune on that access. The Optus subsidiary’s latest plan deal sees it doubling up the data provisions on its $30/month SIM-only plans to 3GB per month.
The $30/month SIM-only deal includes Virgin Mobile’s data rollover facility, so any unused data at the end of the month is rolled into the next month. It’s then used if you go through your full quota in the next month but expires after that term, so in effect, your 3GB "lasts" for 60 days.
Data aside, the $30 SIM-only plan also includes unlimited standard national calls and texts as well as $50 worth of call credit for international calling purposes. Calling rates vary by country, but by way of example, that $50 worth of credit would buy you 62.5 minutes of calls to the UK over a standard month.
Virgin Mobile’s double data deal for the $30 SIM-only 12-month contract is available now and for any customer signing up before 14 June 2017.
- Ola expands, launching in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Canberra
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely is launching her own beauty line
- Women buy Ripple and NEO, men buy Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash
- This week’s bargain phones: Save on iPhone X, Galaxy S9+ or Google Pixel 2XL
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals