Grab an unlimited data mobile plan for under $20
Don't lose sleep over excess data charges again. Sign up with felix mobile for the cheapest unlimited mobile plan around.
For only $17.50 per month, you can score yourself a cheap unlimited mobile data plan for up to 3 months from felix.
Given it's one of only two mobile providers in Australia to offer no monthly data limit on its mobile plans, this price tag is quite a score.
Signing up with felix will mean you get:
- A 100% carbon neutral provider (it also plants one tree for every active subscription)
- Referral discount for you and your friends
- The option to pause your subscription whenever you want
- An app to manage your account and chat to customer support
You've got until 3 December to redeem this offer.
How do I get this offer? Head over to the felix website. You'll see the deal displayed on the homepage.
What's the catch?
felix runs on the Vodafone network which might not be the best fit for everyone.
Out of the 3 major telcos (Optus and Telstra being the other 2), Vodafone has the least amount of coverage. It means those in rural and regional areas may get terrible signals and possibly some metro areas too.
However, if service isn't an issue at your property then you have little to worry about.
A few other things to keep in mind before signing up:
- Don't expect speeds to go faster than 20Mbps. It's a decent amount but may not be for everyone.
- You'll need to use the felix mobile app to purchase and manage your plan.
- Expect a purely digital customer support service. If you prefer phone chats, this might not be for you.
- You can't use your mobile plan as a substitute for your home Internet, and can only tether it to your personal devices.
Where else can I get unlimited data?
Earlier this month, Vodafone decided to turn it up a notch and release Australia's first unlimited data mobile plan with no speed limits.
Vodafone's unlimited plan comes with a hefty $85/month price tag attached to it, but you can expect speeds averaging 39Mbps. That's almost twice as fast as what felix offers.
Apart from felix and Vodafone, Optus and Telstra do offer "endless data" but speeds are capped at around a low 1.5Mbps once you reach your data limit.
Not sure if felix or Vodafone are right for you? Compare all the unlimited data mobile plans available on Finder to help you decide.