You get competitive interest rates, complimentary insurance covers, higher credit limits, up 55 interest-free days and much more for only $79 p.a. with St.George Gold Low Rate credit card.
The St.George Gold Low Rate credit card provides a wide range of features, including include complimentary travel insurance covers such as: overseas travel insurance, transit accident insurance, extended warranty insurance and a purchase cover.
Cardholders also get to enjoy competitive interest rates on purchases and cash advances at and 20.24% p.a. respectively.
The St.George Gold Low Rate credit card is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, we've kept the information on this page for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of St.George credit cards: click here.
St.George Low Rate Credit Card review
The St.George Gold Low Rate credit card offers you up to 55-days interest-free on purchases, after which the 15.99% p.a. rate on purchases will apply.
One of the most appealing features is the comprehensive insurance policies on overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase insurance as well as transit accident cover.
The credit card can be linked to other accounts you have with St.George for convenient banking.
Benefits of using St.George Gold Low Rate credit card
- Overseas travel insurance. This insurance policy provides coverage for overseas trips for a period of up to 3 months. The policy provides unlimited overseas medical cover, coverage for loss/damage of personal items, travel agency cancellation fees, trip delays, rental vehicle excess and personal liability as well.
- Transit accident insurance. Transit accident insurance covers injury or death when travelling in a bus, train, ferry or plane outside Australia.
- Extended warranty insurance. This insurance policy offers the cardholder an additional 12-month warranty in addition to the warranty provided by the Australian manufacturer.
- Purchase cover insurance. Selected purchases enjoy coverage against loss, damage or theft for a period of 3 months.
- Interest rate on purchases. This credit card stays true to its name as it offers a low interest rate on purchases at just 15.99% p.a.
- Interest rate on cash advances. When you withdraw cash using your card you’ll be charged a rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You not only get to save with competitive interest rates, but new cardholders also have an interest-free period on purchases for up to 55 days.
- Link 3 additional cards free of charge. The bank allows you to link as many as 3 additional credit cards to your account and this will not cost you extra. You can take out the additional credit cards for your family or friends.
- Linked access to other St.George Bank accounts. You get more convenient banking when you link other accounts held by St.George bank to one card. This makes it easier for you monitor your accounts and access statements as well.
- Credit card management. All your linked credit cards and accounts are monitored 24/7 with Falcon Fraud.
St.George Gold Low Rate credit card features
- Complimentary insurance covers. This credit card comes with four different complimentary insurance covers for overseas travel, transit accident, extended warranty and purchase cover.
- Falcon Fraud monitoring. Your account is monitored for suspicious activity 24/7 with Falcon Fraud.
- Annual fee. An annual fee of $79 is applicable with this credit card.
- Higher credit limits. Enjoy higher credit limits starting from a minimum of $1,000.
- Three additional cards. You can get up to 3 additional credit cards at no extra cost.
- Linked access to other accounts. You can link other St.George accounts to one card.
- Low interest rates. You get to enjoy low purchase rates of 15.99% p.a. and a cash advance interest rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Instant discounts. St.George Bank gives credit card and account holders various opportunities to enjoy instant discounts and additional benefits through St.George Instant Benefits.
How to apply for the St.George Gold Low Rate credit card
To apply for this credit card, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older to qualify for application.
- This credit card is eligible only to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
To apply for this credit card, you will need to provide the following information in your application:
- Your driver’s license number
- Weekly income (after tax)
- Financial information on your investments, savings or assets as well as any other valuable item you may own.
- You will also need to provide information on liabilities, including other credit cards you own, store accounts and more.
Application only takes 15 minutes and you will receive a response immediately. If you are an existing St.George Bank customer, you don’t need to update your personal details and you can also save a lot of time as you will skip various stages of the application form. Click on ‘apply’ when ready to start the application process.
If competitive interest rates, up to 55 days of interest-free purchases and complimentary insurance policies appeal to you, apply for the St.George Gold Low Rate credit card.Back to top