Earn frequent flyer points as you spend and book your next flight sooner with a St.George credit card.
St.George offers a number of credit cards that allow cardholders to collect reward points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. Whether you prefer to earn Qantas Points or Amplify Rewards points which you can exchange for points with partnered frequent flyer programs, you can compare your St.George rewards credit card options here. This guide also highlights some of the extra features you can expect as well as the rates and fees you need to factor into your comparison.
Comparison of St.George frequent flyer Credit Cards
How can I earn frequent flyer points with a St.George card?
St.George cardholders have two options for earning points. You can either link your card to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account or exchange your Amplify Rewards for points with partnered programs such as Virgin Australia's Velocity and Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer. You can compare these options below:
Earn Qantas Points
You can then earn Qantas Points spent on eligible purchases in Australia and overseas. Some of these cards offer new cardholders thousands of bonus Qantas Points when they meet the spend requirement. The spend requirements will vary depending on the offer but as an example, you may need to spend $2,000 in the first 90 days to get the bonus points.
Your points are then credited to your frequent flyer account, which you can use to redeem Qantas flight rewards and upgrades, travel packages and more.
However, it's important to note that these cards usually charge a higher annual fee than if you were to earn Amplify Rewards.
Exchange Amplify Rewards for frequent flyer points
If you opt to earn Amplify Rewards Points, you can transfer them for frequent flyer points with Malaysia Airlines Enrich, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Velocity Frequent Flyer.
You'll get 1 frequent flyer point or mile per Amplify Rewards point you transfer. So if you have 80,000 Amplify Rewards, you could exchange them for 40,000 Velocity Points as an example. You can then redeem your points for flight rewards with your preferred frequent flyer program. This is particularly useful for KrisFlyer and Enrich members, as there aren't any Australian credit cards that directly earn points with these programs on the market.
You can transfer your Amplify Rewards points for frequent flyer points when you log into your St.George Amplify account and select 'Redeem Points'. Please note that minimum transfer amounts may apply.
How to compare St.George frequent flyer credit cards
Before you apply for a St.George frequent flyer card, you should compare the following features and fees:
- Bonus points. St.George frequent flyer or rewards cards often come with big bonus points offers. Considering factors such as the number of points up for grabs and the spend requirement, compare these bonus points promotions with others on the market to find the most rewarding option for you.
- Earn rates. The number of points you'll earn per $1 will vary between cards. The higher the earn rate, the more competitive the card.
- Annual fee. Most points earning cards charge higher annual fees than non-rewards cards. In the case of St.George, the Qantas Frequent Flyer option will usually charge a higher annual fee than a card that earns Amplify Rewards points. However, you may find that the points potential and extra features of the Qantas card helps justify this fee.
- Purchase interest rate. Rewards and frequent flyer cards are best suited to cardholders who can pay their balance in full each month and avoid interest altogether. This is because these cards usually charge high purchase interest rates than low fee options.
- Airline lounge passes. The Amplify Signature cards offer cardholders complimentary airport lounge passes each year. The Qantas option usually comes with Qantas Club Lounge invitations and the Amplify Rewards card offers Priority Pass invitations. The lounge perks will vary, but you can usually expect complimentary food and beverages, Wi-Fi and comfortable seating.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The St.George Amplify Signature and Platinum cards both offer cardholders complimentary international travel insurance, which can help you save on necessary holiday costs.
A St.George frequent flyer or rewards credit card could be a great way to reward your spending. These cards also boast a bunch of extra features which can help you get more value from paying on plastic. As these are just some of the frequent flyer options on the market, make sure to compare your options to find the most rewarding card for you before you apply.Back to top