OVO Mobile customers can now stream Austereo radio stations for free
Get your breakfast crew fix each day without data charges on OVO mobile.
OVO Mobile is best known for its prepaid mobile plans, which include sports streaming plays such as V8 Supercars, Gymnastics Australia and World Superbikes. Now it has has announced that it’s signed a deal with Australia-wide radio network Southern Cross Austereo that will add 58 radio stations under The Hit Network and Triple M brands.
SCA claims that its Hit Network stations grab just over 3.5 million listeners weekly, including over 1.1 online listeners, while Triple M stations have a claimed reach of more than 2.4 million listeners in the 25-54 age bracket. SCA’s radio brands includes 2DAYFM in Sydney, FOX 101.9 in Melbourne, Hit B105 in Brisbane, Hit929 in Perth and Hit 107.1 in Adelaide, as well as 43 regional Hit-branded stations.
Radio streaming will be quota-free for OVO Mobile customers using the OVO Play app, already the telco’s gateway to its sports streaming offers, but not if you’re using other third-party radio apps to access the online streams of those stations.
If you’re curious about Ovo Mobile’s prepaid plans, here’s how they compare:
- Finder’s RBA survey: 82% of experts confident the cash rate will hold
- 12 Days of Holiday Offers: Enter the draw for $5,000 cash with SCTI
- Amazon is having another ‘Black Friday’ sale: Save up to 80%
- 12 Days of Holiday Offers: Save on business fuel costs with Shell Card
- NBN launches new uncapped satellite plans: Are they worth it?
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals