Already overseas and need travel insurance? Discover the benefits of 1Cover's Already Overseas policy
A lot of planning and organisation goes into an overseas holiday, but inevitably, you will arrive and realise you’ve forgotten something. Whether that is something integral like your phone charger, or something more easily replaced like when you arrive like thermals, you just hope that whatever it is you’ve left behind can be purchased when you get to your destination.
However, one thing you may not think you can purchase once you’re already on the road is travel insurance. If you put off buying travel insurance before you leave and change your mind about cover once your holiday has begun, it’s not too late to get covered with 1Cover, who offer Already Overseas Travel Insurance if:
- You are an Australian resident.
- You purchase your policy while you are overseas.
- You are on a one way journey which begins overseas and ends in Australia.
Receive a quote for 1Cover Already Overseas Travel Insurance
Who underwrites 1Cover Travel Insurance?
1Cover Pty Ltd ABN 91 105 954 265, is an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457. 1Cover Travel Insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London.
Why get 1Cover Already Overseas Travel Insurance?
You don’t have to worry about getting limited cover just because you are starting your policy while you’re already travelling, because 1Cover will start your cover from the time your policy is approved and you have just a seven day waiting period for claims related to illness or injury, such as claims for medical expenses, cancellation or journey disruption costs additional expenses, emergency companion cover or hospital cash allowance.
1Cover does not cover you for certain pre existing medical conditions and it is important to compare exclusions when you are choosing insurance cover.
What does it cover?
While it is of course too late to take out travel insurance once you have been injured while overseas or you are sick and unable to make your travel arrangements, the waiting period is just seven days. Therefore, if you find yourself overseas without any cover, you can still be protected if the worst happens, such as:
- Medical emergency: 1Cover will provide protection for overseas emergency medical assistance, 24 hours a day. This includes ambulance cover, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, messages to family, hospital guarantees, medical and hospital cover, surgical, nursing and emergency dental treatment.
- Hospital cash allowance:If you then need to stay in hospital for more than 48 consecutive hours while you are overseas, you will receive a $50 cash allowance per day.
- Change of travel plans: If you have to change your travel plans because you are unable to travel because of illness or injury, your travel companion suffers an illness or injury, or you need to return home because a relative has died or become ill and in need of hospitalisation, 1Cover can cover you for additional travel and accommodation expenses. They can also make sure that when you are ready and able to resume your journey, after the death or hospitalisation of a relative, that you are covered for the cost of your airfares.
- Accidental death and disability: 1Cover will pay a death benefit to your family if you die within 12 months of your journey as the result of an injury which occurred during your travel. Alternatively, if you suffer a permanent disability because of an injury from your travels within 12 months, such as the loss of sight in one or both eyes, or the loss of a hand or a foot, 1Cover will pay a disability benefit. You’ll also receive a loss of income benefit if you become disabled within 30 days of an injury from your trip and you are still unable to work 30 days after your return home.
- Theft and loss: It’s easy enough, not to mention traumatic and inconvenient enough, to lose your credit cards at home, so credit card fraud and replacement is an important feature of your 1Cover already overseas travel insurance. 1Cover will cover the cost for replacement cards if your credit card is lost or stolen while you are travelling, as well as the cost of any losses from fraudulent use of your cards. Similarly, 1Cover will replace travel documents, passports or traveller’s cheques which are lost or stolen, as well as cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders. Luggage and personal effects which are lost or stolen will be replaced or reimbursed. Plus, if your luggage is lost or delayed for more than 12 hours, 1Cover will provide a benefit to allow you to purchase essential personal and clothing items.
- Cancellations and delays: Even the best laid travel plans can be disrupted by circumstances outside of your control. Therefore, 1cover will pay for any cancellation fees or deposits you lose as the result of cancelling pre paid travel plans because of illness, injury, strikes, collisions, retrenchments or natural disasters. Additional meals and accommodation will be covered by 1Cover if your journey is delayed for more than six hours and additional travel expenses will be covered if you are delayed in travelling to a wedding, funeral, conference, sporting event or for pre paid travel or tour arrangements.