OVO mobile prepaid phone plans compared
OVO offers prepaid plans with data-free sports streaming to its customers.
Is OVO right for me?
- What does OVO offer? OVO offers a range of prepaid plans delivered over the Optus 3G and 4G networks. Those same networks power OVO's mobile broadband plans, too.
- Product highlights: Enjoy data-free streaming of OVOPlay sports as well as international minutes with select plans.
- Watch out for: The base data caps included with OVO's prepaid plans aren't as high as many competing telcos, so be sure to compare all your options before signing up.
Compare mobile plans below
OVO prepaid mobile plans
OVO's prepaid plans explained
- OVO Mobile Mini: 2GB of data plus 500 standard minutes for $9.95 every 30 days
- OVO Mobile MiniPlus: 4GB of data plus unlimited talk and text for $14.95 every 30 days
- OVO Mobile Small: 10GB of data plus unlimited talk and text for $19.95 every 30 days
- OVO Mobile Medium: 30GB of data plus unlimited talk and text and 100 international minutes for $29.95 every 30 days
- OVO Mobile Large: 35GB of data plus unlimited talk and text and 600 international minutes for $34.95 every 30 days
- OVO Mobile Extra Large: 40GB of data plus unlimited talk and text and 1000 international minutes for $49.95 every 30 days
All of OVO's prepaid plans include data-free access to the OVOPlay streaming platform, letting you stream a variety of sports events on the go without cutting into your monthly data cap. You can also stream live radio from the HIT network and Triple M around the country.
OVO's prepaid plans also include a free Family Zone account, an online cyber-safety platform designed to protect children from the Internet's nastier elements.
How does OVO compare?
- Budget plans are well suited to young kids
- OVOPlay provides data-free sports streaming on the go
- International minutes on select plans are handy for folks with friends and family overseas
Why should you consider OVO?
OVO’s big point of differentiation in the MVNO space is its focus on sports sponsorships. It launched as the official network of V8 Supercars, delivering mobile streaming of a variety of V8 action, all of which is delivered to customers on a quota-free basis.
Since then, the sports sponsorships have continued to grow and expand. OVO has a deal in place with Gymnastics Australia for content streaming, while motorsports enthusiasts aren't neglected thanks to partnerships with Supercheap Auto Racing, Audi Sport Customer Racing, the 400 Thunder Professional Drag Racing Series and a new sponsorship of the World Superbikes championship. OVO also streams Water Polo Australia exclusively.
If you’re a fan of any of these sports, the allure of getting access without incurring any ongoing data charges for it is pretty strong.
Parents with young children could also be interested in OVO's dedicated low-cost plans designed for children, which bundles calls and texts with the Family Zone application suite while moderating your child's access to the web.
OVO also sells boost packs for calls to overseas or premium numbers, with prices ranging from $5-$20 per recharge. It also sells $15-$50 roaming packs if you're travelling overseas with your OVO SIM. Both the extras and roaming packs can be rolled over for up to 90 days.
OVO mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
OVO prepaid recharge options
When you set up a prepaid plan through OVO, the default is for recharges to roll over every 30 days while still paying in an upfront fashion for your prepaid plan. You can opt to disable automatic rollover and manually recharge your plan though:
- Online via credit card: OVO handles all of its recharges online, whether you're opting for manual recharges each month or simply need a data top-up to see you through to your next billing cycle. Head to the OVO Dashboard and sign in using your plan credentials to order recharges and to pay with a major credit card.
Compare all mobile providers
- Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price The Google Pixel 4 is a massive 50% off on a Optus & Vodafone plan right now. Read on to compare the two offerings, and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert