Lebara slashes SIM-only 30 day plan prices
Lebara is cutting prices across the board for its SIM-only plans -- as long as you buy online.
The latest telco to join the cost cutting war is Lebara, which is offering any of its 30-day prepaid plans for only $5 if ordered online. The Mini Mega Plan drops from $24.90 to $5, the National Plan dips from $29.90 down to $5, the Mega Plan from $39.90 to $5 and the Ultimate plan drops from $49.90 to a sum you can probably calculate if you’ve been paying attention.
While the discounts differ, there’s a choice to make and a potential catch to take into consideration. If you’re not interested in international calls, the Mega Plan would be the one to buy, with 5GB of data included as well as unlimited national calls and texts. On the other hand, if you do call overseas from your mobile, the Unlimited Plan dips the data to only 2.5GB, but offers unlimited calls to a selection of 60 countries instead.
The catch in any case is that Lebara is only offering these plans until 10 March 2016, which means you’d only be able to get a single recharge at the lower price. After that, the higher price kicks in again.
With price adjustments, here is how Lebara’s current crop of plans look:
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone