Hotel benefits you can get with a Visa card
From room upgrades to exclusive savings, discover the hotel perks you can enjoy through Visa.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A Visa credit card or debit gives you access to a variety of exclusive offers, which often include savings and other perks at hotels around the world. The deals available vary throughout the year and may also change based on hotel partners and the type of card you use. Find out what options you have with your Visa card and how you can claim these offers here.
Compare Visa credit cards
What hotel benefits does my Visa card offer?
Visa has different types of offers available based on the type of card you use, ranging from basic credit cards and debit cards through to more prestigious Platinum and Visa Signature options. Some examples of the different benefits you could get include:
- 5–30% off hotel bookings through a particular hotel company or website
- 10% discounts on room charges
- Complimentary welcome drinks, welcome baskets or other gifts
- Complimentary room upgrades
- Free additional nights as part of your stay
Visa also has three different platforms you can use to find relevant offers for your card, which we’ve outlined below.
Visa Offers and Perks
This hub on the Visa Australia website has the most comprehensive range of deals available for Visa cardholders – including credit card, debit card and even prepaid cardholders in some cases. There’s a variety of travel, shopping and dining deals available, but you can narrow down the results by selecting a particular category. For hotels, this is “STAY”.
Visa also groups the offers based on whether they are “Local” or “Online”. Generally, the online section has a wider range of deals you can use both in Australia and overseas.
Tip: Use the search features to find the most relevant deals
As well as choosing “STAY” and “Online”, you can search for offers based on the type of Visa card you want to use for your hotel booking. Doing this will help you quickly find hotel offers that you’re eligible to claim.
If you have a Visa Platinum, Signature or Infinite credit card, the Visa Premium website provides details of all the possible offers you can claim. Once again, you’ll need to select “STAY” for hotel offers. This automatically brings up hotel offers around the world, but you can also narrow down results by country or region.
The Visa Premium website typically lists a wider range of offers and benefits than those available to people with a standard Visa credit card or debit card. However, if there’s a really great deal available to any Visa cardholder, you’ll also find it here.
Visa Luxury Hotels
This service offers the following exclusive perks to Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and select Visa Platinum cardholders when they book hotel stays through the Visa Luxury Hotels website:
- A guarantee of the best available rate
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival (when available)
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi (when available)
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- US$25 food or beverage credit
- VIP Guest status
- Late check-out upon request (when available)
There are also limited-time offers for perks such as additional discounts on your booking, free nights as part of your stay and hotel spa credits. The hotel collection includes brands such as Fairmont, Langham, Park Hyatt and Shangri-La, as well as boutique properties around the world.
Tip: Book your stay through the Visa Concierge
Visa Luxury Hotel benefits are also available for bookings made through the Visa’s concierge service. So, if you don’t want to do all the legwork for your next hotel stay, call the Visa Concierge on 1800 233 688 and ask them to look at Visa Luxury Hotel options based on your travel plans and price range. To learn more about credit card concierge services, check out our full guide.
What do I need to do to claim a Visa hotel offer?
While every promotion has different requirements, some of the most common include:
- Paying with your Visa card. You will need to use your eligible Visa credit card to pay for your booking. You may also need to present your card when you check in at the hotel.
- Booking through an assigned link. Some offers may require you to click on a booking link directly in order to get the hotel benefits. This is usually so that Visa and/or the hotel can keep track of which guests are eligible for particular benefits.
- Entering an offer code. Usually, Visa hotel offers that give you a discount when you book online will require you to enter a code at the checkout. So check the Visa offer details before you confirm your payment.
- Redeeming the offer within a set time period. Most Visa hotel offers are only available for a limited time, so you’ll need to claim them before the end of the promotional period. These details could be included in the summary of the offer, as well as in the terms and conditions.
- Booking in your name. The hotel booking must match the name on the Visa credit card you use to pay for it.
- Making a new booking. If you have already booked your stay, you won’t be able to claim a Visa offer for it.
- Not claiming any other discounts or deals. Usually, redeeming a Visa hotel offer means you won’t be able to get any other special deals or promotions for the same booking. As hotel brands, booking services and travel agencies also run different promotions, it may be worth shopping around to find the most competitive deal for your booking.
Whether it’s a premium rewards account or a no-frills option, you can use a Visa credit card, debit card or credit card to get a variety of hotel offers and perks. So before you book your next trip, check out the Visa offers available and compare them to other deals to get the biggest bang for your buck.
More guides on Finder
Port Stephens hotels | Where to stay in the sandy beaches north of Sydney
Compare Port Stephens hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Kiama hotels | Where to stay in the coastal town south of Sydney
Compare Kiama hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Mastercard
Get $250 credit back when you meet the eligibility requirements and 55 days interest-free on purchases.
0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers
Pay no interest on your credit card debt and clear it faster with a 0% balance transfer credit card. Compare and apply here.
Blue Mountains hotels | Where to stay in NSW’s world heritage area
Compare Blue Mountains hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Where to buy the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics card in Australia
Looking to upgrade your gaming PC with the latest mid-range graphics card? Then you need the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. Here's where to buy it in Australia.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Launceston hotels | Where to stay in the Northern Tasmanian city
Compare Launceston hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Woolworths Team Bank Visa Credit Card
Available to Woolworths Group employees and family, this low-cost card comes with simple features and mobile payment options.
5 tips to help you get the best credit card deal in 2020
SPONSORED: In a time of financial volatility, here are the key ways to find a credit card that offers you bang for your buck.
Ask an Expert