A Visa credit card or debit gives you access to a variety of exclusive offers, which often include savings and other perks at hotels around the world. The deals available vary throughout the year and may also change based on hotel partners and the type of card you use. Find out what options you have with your Visa card and how you can claim these offers here.
Compare Visa credit cards
Updated January 27th, 2020
Save 8% on Hotels.com bookings with a Visa card in 2018
What hotel benefits does my Visa card offer?
Visa has different types of offers available based on the type of card you use, ranging from basic credit cards and debit cards through to more prestigious Platinum and Visa Signature options. Some examples of the different benefits you could get include:
- 5–30% off hotel bookings through a particular hotel company or website
- 10% discounts on room charges
- Complimentary welcome drinks, welcome baskets or other gifts
- Complimentary room upgrades
- Free additional nights as part of your stay
Visa also has three different platforms you can use to find relevant offers for your card, which we’ve outlined below.
Visa Offers and Perks
This hub on the Visa Australia website has the most comprehensive range of deals available for Visa cardholders – including credit card, debit card and even prepaid cardholders in some cases. There’s a variety of travel, shopping and dining deals available, but you can narrow down the results by selecting a particular category. For hotels, this is “STAY”.
Visa also groups the offers based on whether they are “Local” or “Online”. Generally, the online section has a wider range of deals you can use both in Australia and overseas.
Tip: Use the search features to find the most relevant deals
As well as choosing “STAY” and “Online”, you can search for offers based on the type of Visa card you want to use for your hotel booking. Doing this will help you quickly find hotel offers that you’re eligible to claim.
If you have a Visa Platinum, Signature or Infinite credit card, the Visa Premium website provides details of all the possible offers you can claim. Once again, you’ll need to select “STAY” for hotel offers. This automatically brings up hotel offers around the world, but you can also narrow down results by country or region.
The Visa Premium website typically lists a wider range of offers and benefits than those available to people with a standard Visa credit card or debit card. However, if there’s a really great deal available to any Visa cardholder, you’ll also find it here.
Other benefits you can get with a Visa Platinum credit card
Visa Luxury Hotels
This service offers the following exclusive perks to Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and select Visa Platinum cardholders when they book hotel stays through the Visa Luxury Hotels website:
- A guarantee of the best available rate
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival (when available)
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi (when available)
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- US$25 food or beverage credit
- VIP Guest status
- Late check-out upon request (when available)
There are also limited-time offers for perks such as additional discounts on your booking, free nights as part of your stay and hotel spa credits. The hotel collection includes brands such as Fairmont, Langham, Park Hyatt and Shangri-La, as well as boutique properties around the world.
Tip: Book your stay through the Visa Concierge
Visa Luxury Hotel benefits are also available for bookings made through the Visa’s concierge service. So, if you don’t want to do all the legwork for your next hotel stay, call the Visa Concierge on 1800 233 688 and ask them to look at Visa Luxury Hotel options based on your travel plans and price range. To learn more about credit card concierge services, check out our full guide.
What do I need to do to claim a Visa hotel offer?
While every promotion has different requirements, some of the most common include:
- Paying with your Visa card. You will need to use your eligible Visa credit card to pay for your booking. You may also need to present your card when you check in at the hotel.
- Booking through an assigned link. Some offers may require you to click on a booking link directly in order to get the hotel benefits. This is usually so that Visa and/or the hotel can keep track of which guests are eligible for particular benefits.
- Entering an offer code. Usually, Visa hotel offers that give you a discount when you book online will require you to enter a code at the checkout. So check the Visa offer details before you confirm your payment.
- Redeeming the offer within a set time period. Most Visa hotel offers are only available for a limited time, so you’ll need to claim them before the end of the promotional period. These details could be included in the summary of the offer, as well as in the terms and conditions.
- Booking in your name. The hotel booking must match the name on the Visa credit card you use to pay for it.
- Making a new booking. If you have already booked your stay, you won’t be able to claim a Visa offer for it.
- Not claiming any other discounts or deals. Usually, redeeming a Visa hotel offer means you won’t be able to get any other special deals or promotions for the same booking. As hotel brands, booking services and travel agencies also run different promotions, it may be worth shopping around to find the most competitive deal for your booking.
Whether it’s a premium rewards account or a no-frills option, you can use a Visa credit card, debit card or credit card to get a variety of hotel offers and perks. So before you book your next trip, check out the Visa offers available and compare them to other deals to get the biggest bang for your buck.Back to top
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit
cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative
of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular
order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are
subject to our disclaimer.
You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own
personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.