This policy can help protect you if your car is stolen or damaged in an accident. Receive a 15% discount plus a free 7-inch Android tablet when you purchase online.
This policy provides coverage for a range of issues, including accidental damage as a result of floods, hail, storms, collision or theft.
What does this policy cover?
Dodo Comprehensive Car Insurance offers the following features:
- a 15% discount and a free 7-inch Android tablet if you buy online
- coverage for accidental damage to your car, including damage caused by storms, floods, collision or theft
- new car replacement if your car is written off in the first 2 years or 40,000 kms
- a rental car for up to 14 days if your car is stolen (rental value up to $1000)
- legal liability coverage for accidental damage caused by the use of the car (up to $20 million)
- emergency transport or accommodation for the driver and passengers if a claim is paid for damage to the car ($100 rental per day, up to $850 in total)
- up to $500 payment for damage to personal effects in the car if damaged in a collision
- cost of debris removal after an accident (up to $500)
Additional benefits include replacement of keys and remotes if they are stolen; a choice of annual or monthly payments; and waiving the excess fee and preserving your no-claim discount if a third party is identified as being at fault.
Additional options to consider
- Restricted driver discounts. Premiums are lower if all drivers are over 25.
- Maximum no-claim discount (NCD) protection. You can make one claim a year (or two claims in three years) without affecting your no-claim rating.
- Roadside assistance. Get help with a breakdown, flat tyre or battery.
- Agreed value or market value. Insure your car for its current market value or another agreed amount.
- Windscreen excess reduction. Vary your premium to reduce your excess.
- Accident hire car benefit. Get access to a rental car while yours is at the garage.
- Variable excess. You can increase your excess to reduce your premium.
Who is eligible for this policy?
Additional excess applies to drivers who:
- are under 21 years of age
- are aged 21-24
- have not held a full Australian licence for at least 2 years
- are not listed as a driver on the insurance certificate
Exclusions to be aware of
Before applying for Dodo Comprehensive Car Insurance, remember that there are certain exclusions that are not covered by this policy. These include:
- incidents outside Australia
- unlicensed or excluded drivers (including household members not listed on your policy)
- drivers excluded by age
- carrying passengers or goods for payment
- providing driving instruction for payment
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- racing, testing, contests or rallying
- use of the car without your consent, or for unlawful purposes
- carrying dangerous goods unlawfully or for business purposes
- failure to remain at the scene of an accident when required by law
- reduction in car value following repair
- use of the vehicle in an unsafe, unroadworthy or overloaded condition
- tyre damage caused by punctures, cuts or bursts
- wear and tear, abuse, corrosion, rust or depreciation
- mechanical, structural or electronic malfunction, failure or breakdown
- legal costs incurred prior to claim authorisation
- deliberate vehicle damage
- direct or indirect damage caused by nuclear or radioactive material
- damage caused by non-collision-related discharge of oil, coolant, pollutants or other substances
- direct or indirect damage caused by war, invasion, revolution or military coup
- lawful repossession or confiscation under government order
- damage caused as a result of repairing, cleaning, modifying or restoring the car
- unauthorised vehicle modifications
- use of incorrect type of fuel
Other things to know
- Cooling-off period. You can cancel this policy within 21 days of purchase for a full refund as long as you haven’t made a claim.
- Payment frequency. You can pay your premium monthly in instalments, or receive a discount if you choose to pay annually.
- Other available cover. In addition to the comprehensive car insurance policy, you can also purchase Third Party Property coverage for damage to other people’s property, or Third Party Fire and Theft which covers the same as Third Party Property, plus loss or damage to the car if it is stolen or catches fire.