Latitude Car Insurance
Need to get covered? Discover if Latitude car insurance is right for you.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
If you’re looking for car insurance to help keep you moving, Latitude Financial Services offers three levels of cover to suit the budget and insurance needs of a variety of drivers. Issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited, these policies combine a lifetime guarantee on repairs with flexible premium payment options, a fast and easy claims process, and a wide range of other flexible features.
If you’re looking for car insurance that offers a range of flexible features to help keep you moving, Latitude Car Insurance is certainly worth a look. Compare Latitude’s policies with policies from a range of other insurers to find an insurer that offers the cover you need at a price you can afford.
What are my cover options?
|Comprehensive||Third Party Property, Fire & Theft||Third Party Property Only|
|Optional roadside assistance|
|Cover for damage caused by uninsured motorists|
|Lifetime guarantee on repairs|
|Flexible premium payment options|
|Up to $20 million liability cover|
|Hire vehicle following theft|
|Coverage of damage caused by fire and theft|
|New car replacement for up to 12 months|
|Coverage of storm, flood & hail|
|Emergency transport and accommodation|
Is there any excess?
Additional excesses apply to drivers who:
- are under 21 years of age
- are aged 21-24 years
- have not held a full Australian licence for at least 2 years
- are not listed as a driver on the certificate of insurance
You will not have to pay an excess if you are involved in a no-fault accident with another vehicle and the amount of your claim is more than the Basic Excess.
How can I save on my policy?
There are several things you can do to lower the cost of your Latitude Car Insurance cover, including:
- Choose a higher Basic Excess. You will receive lower premiums as a result.
- Restricted driver discounts. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by restricting cover to particular drivers.
- Choose fewer options. Adding extra-cost options such as roadside assistance and windscreen excess reduction to your policy will increase the cost of premiums.
- Cooling-off period. If you do not make a claim, you can cancel your policy within 21 days of taking out cover and receive a full premium refund.
How do I make a claim?
There are three ways you can make a claim with Latitude Car Insurance:
- Online. You can fill out an online claim form.
- By post or fax. You can download a form from the Latitude website, complete it and then post or fax it back to the insurer.
- Over the phone. You can also phone Latitude’s claims team to lodge your claim over the phone. The claims team is available Monday to Friday 8am–6pm (AEST) and Saturday 8am–2pm (AEST).
You’ll need to provide a range of information so your claim can be processed, including your policy details, name, contact information and full details of your claim. You may also need to provide supporting evidence for your claim, for example, a police incident report or the names and contact details of anyone else involved in an incident.
More guides on Finder
2020 Toyota Camry review
Four expert reviews of the Toyota Camry in one
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
Life insurance for new parents
We talk you through life insurance options for new parents.
Income protection lump sum payout
Everything you need to know about income protection lump sum payouts.
Individual Income tax rates in Australia
Find the latest income tax rates set by the ATO
1 in 6 drivers have lied on their car insurance application
Thousands of Australians are at risk of having their car insurance claims rejected, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Best electric bikes for Uber Eats
Looking for an e-bike to help power your Uber Eats deliveries? Here’s how to find the right bike for your needs.
Ask an Expert