Save up to 15% on Dodo car insurance when you buy comprehensive cover online
Dodo Car Insurance offers the choice of three types of insurance, plus a range of benefits as standard including fast online quotes, over the phone claims, low premiums and no forms to fill in.
Partnered with Auto & General Services, one of Australia’s trusted insurance providers, Dodo Car Insurance provides great value insurance solutions for all types of drivers.
Car insurance policies available from Dodo
Dodo Car Insurance offers three types of car insurance, with cover to suit different circumstances:
Comprehensive Dodo Car Insurance
Comprehensive Dodo Car Insurance provides cover for your car as well as other people’s vehicles and allows you to choose cover options such as agreed or market value, windscreen excess reduction, variable excess, accident hire car benefit, maximum no-claim discount protection and restricted driver discounts.
If you take out a Comprehensive insurance policy with Dodo Car Insurance, you are covered for the following:
- Accidental damage to your vehicle up to the maximum amount in the policy
- The reasonable cost of recovery, towing and storage if your car is unsafe to drive as a result of damage
- Damage to personal effects in the vehicle at the time of the accident up to the maximum amount shown in the policy
- Damage to your trailer involved in a collision up to the maximum amount
- Emergency transport and accommodation if required up to the maximum amount
- New car replacement within the time specified in the policy plus 12 months registration and CTP insurance
- Up to $20 million legal liability for damage to other people’s property, including legal costs.
Third Party Property Dodo Car Insurance
Third Party Property Dodo Car Insurance provides cover for damage your vehicle does to other people’s property. It includes $3,000 cover for Uninsured Motorists Extension.
Third Party Property Fire & Theft Dodo Car Insurance
Third Party Property Fire & Theft Dodo Car Insurance provides cover for damage to other people’s property and damage to your vehicle from fire or theft. It includes $1,000 cover for a hire vehicle following theft, $3,000 cover for Uninsured Motorists Extension, a lifetime guarantee on repairs and the option of a restricted driver discount valued at $199.
If you have a Third Party Property Fire & Theft policy with Dodo, you will also be covered for:
- Loss or damage to your car in the event of fire or theft up to the maximum amount shown in the policy
- The reasonable cost of recovery, towing and storage if your car is unsafe to drive
- The reasonable cost of hiring a similar car after theft for up to 14 days or up to the maximum amount shown in the policy.
|Policy Benefits||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Property||Third Party Property Fire & Theft|
|$1,000 cover (limit 14 days) for hire vehicle following theft.||yes||no||yes|
|$1,000 cover for replacement keys/remote||yes||no||no|
|$3,000 cover for Uninsured Motorists Extension||no||yes||yes|
|$5,000 death benefit||yes||no||no|
|After-hours claims helpline||yes||yes||yes|
|Damage to a caravan or trailer belonging to you in the event of a collision||$1,000||no||no|
|Damage to or theft of child seats/baby capsule in your car||$500||no||no|
|Debris Removal to $500||yes||no||no|
|Emergency transport and overnight accommodation||$100 per day up to $850 in total||no||no|
|Lifetime guarantee on repairs for as long as you own the car.||yes||yes||yes|
|Lump sum or instalment payments||yes||yes||yes|
|New Car Replacement||24 mths / 40,000 km||no||no|
|No Claim Discount preserved when third party is identified and at fault||yes||no||no|
|No excess to pay when third party is identified and at fault||yes||no||no|
|Up to $20 million legal liability cover||yes||yes||yes|
|Accident Hire Car Benefit||yes||no||no|
|Agreed Value or Market Value||yes||no||no|
|No Claim Discount protection||yes||no||no|
|Restricted driver discounts||yes||yes||yes|
|Variable excess to reduce premium||yes||no||no|
|Windscreen excess reduction||yes||no||no|
Exclusions which apply to all forms of cover under Dodo Car Insurance include circumstances involving any of the following:Back to top
The amount you pay for your Dodo Car Insurance will depend on the type of cover you take out (Third Party or Comprehensive) and factors such as:
- How does my age affect the cost of my insurance? Younger drivers pay higher premiums due to their higher accident rate.
- What type of car do you drive? Sports cars and cars with powerful engines cost more to insure than economical vehicles with better safety records.
- Where do you park your car? Vehicles kept in a locked garage cost less to insure than those parked on the street.
- How much do you drive? Taxis and courier vehicles naturally cost more to insure because they are on the road all the time.
- How secure it is your car? A vehicle with security features such as an alarm and immobiliser can earn you a discount.
- How's your driving history? Someone with a safe, claim-free driving record will pay less for insurance than someone with multiple infringements and accidents in their past.
Other factors that can affect the cost of your premium include any government charges and taxes such as GST and stamp duty.Back to top
The excess is the amount you must contribute yourself towards the cost of any claim. You will pay a basic excess, which Dodo Comprehensive Car Insurance gives you the option of deciding yourself (the higher the excess, the lower your premium).
You must also pay any additional excesses listed in your policy, which will vary with your cover, but generally apply to things like under 25 drivers, windscreen replacement etc. Dodo Car Insurance will waive your excess if you are involved in a no fault accident with another vehicle and the amount of your claim is greater than the basic excess.Back to top
Dodo Car Insurance offers a range of flexible options that allow you to personalise your cover to suit your needs and maximise your savings.
- A choice of agreed or market value – with market value being the cheaper option.
- Maximum No Claims Discount protection – allows you to claim once during your current insurance period or twice in a three year period, without affecting you Rating 1 discount.
- Windscreen excess reduction – the option to vary your premium and reduce your windscreen excess.
- Restricted driver discounts – lets you lower your premium by restricting the age of those who can drive your vehicle.
- Variable excess – you can choose to raise the amount of excess you pay, which will lower your premium.
Making a claim with Dodo Car Insurance is fast, simple and hassle-free. Dodo’s claims system is normally paperless and over the phone.
To make a claim, simply call 1300 885 996 between 8am and 8pm weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays. Have your claim details handy, including your policy number, details of the accident and all other cars and drivers involved and Dodo’s friendly staff will guide you through the claims process.Back to top
Are you ready to start comparing policies?
Dodo Car Insurance offers a hassle-free way to insure your vehicle, offering fast online quotes, competitive rates, an easy claims process and a range of optional benefits.