Bankwest More Rewards
Find out how you can earn and redeem points with Bankwest More Rewards.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Want to know more? Let's take a look at the key details of this rewards program so you can compare it to other options and choose a credit card that’s right for you.
Credit cards that earn Bankwest More Rewards
What is the Bankwest More Rewards program?
This rewards program gives you a way to earn points on your everyday spending with a Bankwest More Mastercard. The standard earn rates for these credit cards ranges from 1.5 points per $1 to 2.5 points per $1, which is competitive with other rewards credit cards on the market.
When you earn enough Bankwest More Rewards points, you can use them to redeem a variety of gift cards and products available through the online catalogue. Any unredeemed rewards points expire after three years.
Which credit cards earn Bankwest More Rewards?
There are three Bankwest credit cards on the market that earn More Rewards. We’ve outlined their features in the table below:
Bankwest More Rewards
|Credit Card||Point earn rate||Points cap (per annum)||Standard variable purchase rate||Annual fee|
|Bankwest More Mastercard||1.5 points per $1||150,000||19.99% p.a.||$100 p.a.|
|Bankwest More Platinum Mastercard||2 points per $1||400,000||19.99% p.a.||$160 p.a.|
|Bankwest More World Mastercard||2.5 points per $1||Uncapped||19.99% p.a.||$270 p.a.|
What rewards can I get with a Bankwest More Rewards credit card?
The Bankwest More Rewards website has a catalogue of products and services you can redeem with your points. Redemptions start from 8,500 points for a $20 gift card, although you can make smaller redemptions if you use the “Points + Pay” option. The More Rewards catalogue is also organised into the following categories:
- Gift cards. Gift cards are available for general retail outlets such as Myer, Harvey Norman and Westfield shopping centres, as well as hotels, cinemas, theme parks and travel companies including Flight Centre and Accor.
- Entertainment. Redeem points for experiences such as Gold Class movie screenings, dinner cruises and jet boat rides.
- Food and wine. Choose from bottles of wine or spirits, gourmet gift packs and hampers.
- Fitness and outdoor. This section offers everything from watches and golf equipment to gym gear and camping supplies.
- Electrical. Redeem your points for an iPhone, new tablet, camera, headphones, games console or a wide range of other tech items in this section of the catalogue.
- Beauty and fashion. Items here include designer fragrances, sunglasses, jewellery, handbags and beauty care products for both women and men.
- Baby and kids. Some examples in this category include Monopoly, school backpacks and LEGO toys.
- Travel and luggage. As well as redeeming points for Webjet bookings or travel-related gift cards, you can get suitcases, backpacks, travel guides and other travel accessories through the More Rewards catalogue.
How to redeem Bankwest More Rewards points
As long as you have had a Bankwest More credit card for at least 60 days and have enough points for your chosen reward, you can redeem your Bankwest More Rewards at any time using the following steps:
- Log in to your Bankwest More Rewards account using your member ID and password (provided when you sign up for your credit card).
- Browse the rewards available.
- Select your reward and click on “Add to cart and check out” when you are ready to make your redemption.
- Choose whether to make the redemption with points or using “Points + Pay”.
- Finalise the redemption.
Other factors to consider before choosing a Bankwest More Rewards credit card
If you are thinking of getting a Bankwest More credit card to become a member of this program, make sure you consider these features before you apply.
- Interest rates. The Bankwest More Mastercards all have a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. which will be applied to any purchases you make when you carry a balance. These cards also have a cash advance interest rate of 21.99% p.a. for ATM withdrawals and other cash advance transactions.
- Annual fees. The annual fees for these Bankwest cards range from $70 to $240. You should weigh this cost up against your potential rewards to make sure you will get value out of the card that you choose.
- Other fees. Other costs you may have to deal with when you get a Bankwest More credit card include cash advance fees, a late payment charge of $25, a dishonour fee of $10 and a foreign currency fee worth 2.95% of the total transaction (waived for Bankwest More Platinum and World Mastercard cardholders). Check out the Bankwest Current Interest Rates and Fees page on the bank's website for full details of potential charges for these credit cards.
- Complimentary extras. The Bankwest More Platinum and World cards come with complimentary benefits including overseas travel insurance, purchase security cover, extended warranties and purchase price guarantees. They also offer a personal concierge service to help you book holidays, make restaurant reservations and deal with overseas arrangements.
- Bonus points. If your Bankwest More credit card application is approved and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can get a bonus 19,500 points, 75,000 points or 115,000 with the Bankwest More, More Platinum and More World cards respectively.
- Points cap. Both the Classic and Platinum More credit cards limit the amount of points you can earn each year, so it’s important to check your average credit card spending to find out if these caps will affect you. For example, the More Mastercard offers 1.5 points per $1 and has an annual cap of 150,000 points. For this card, you would have to spend at least $100,000 per year to reach that limit.
- Points expiry. Bankwest More Rewards points expire after 36 months, so you will not get any value out of them if you don’t use them within that timeframe.
The More Rewards program gives you a chance to get added value out of using a Bankwest credit card, offering points for every $1 spent and bonuses for new customers. But all three Bankwest More credit cards also come with other fees and conditions, so it’s important to weigh these features up against the potential benefits to make sure you choose a card that really suits your spending habits and needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
CommBank Neo card
A new type of credit card to the Australian market, the CommBank Neo doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more in our comprehensive review.
Plenti green loans
Becoming more energy efficient has a multitude of benefits for both the environment and your wallet. An added bonus is, you might be able to get a low-rate loan to help you. Find out more about Plenti's green loan here.
All the current bonus frequent flyer and reward points offers October 2020
Bonus points for gift cards, shopping, insurance and more.
How to meet credit card bonus point spending requirements
With most credit card bonus point offers including a minimum spending requirement, here’s what you need to know to meet it and maximise your rewards.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards May 2020
Treat yourself with one of these credit cards offering up to 200,000 bonus points and competitive earn rates for your everyday spending.
Summerland Rewards Credit Card
The Summerland Rewards credit card includes a balance transfer offer and earns 1 point per $1 spent and automatically converts rewards to cashback on your account every 6 months.
Queensland Country Bank Business Visa credit card
This business credit card has a $90 annual fee and offers free additional cardholders, customisable limits and rewards.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards April 2020
Reward yourself with a competitive earn rate and up to 100,000 bonus points on one of these credit cards.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards March 2020
See how far you could go with up to 100,000 rewards points from one of these credit cards.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.