Westpac Flex Card
Offers no interest charges ever, with a $10 monthly fee that’s waived when you pay the previous month's balance on time.
The Westpac Flex Card gives you a simple alternative to traditional credit cards and buy now pay later (BNPL) plans. It charges 0% interest, $0 late payment fees and 0% foreign transaction fees. It’s also available as a digital card in the Westpac app so you can use it as soon as your application is approved.
|Product Name||Westpac Flex Card|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
- Repayments are automatically direct debited
- Access to Westpac Rewards & Extras
- Digital card activated immediately upon approval
- No cash advances or balance transfers
- Maximum credit limit of $1,000
|Minimum monthly repayment||$40 per transaction|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Westpac Flex Card is 1 of only 3 no interest credit cards in Australia, charging a flat $10 monthly fee that’s waived when you pay off the balance by the due date on your monthly statement. It has a low $1,000 credit limit suited to people who want to keep an eye on their spending.
Repayments are also automatically set up as direct debits from your bank account, with the choice of making payments once or twice a month as long as you pay the minimum of $40 per month. While this card is light on fees, make sure you pay off the balance in full every month.
How to apply
You can apply for the Westpac Flex Card in around 10 minutes by filling in a secure application form on the Westpac website. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Regular income. You must have a regular income that Westpac can verify.
- Australian residency status. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or have a permanent residency visa. You'll also need a permanent residential address in Australia.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, contact number and living arrangements.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to provide 2 of the following forms of ID: your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, Australian passport or birth certificate.
- Bank details. During the application, you'll be asked to log in to your bank account so that Westpac can access financial details for the past 12 months. This is a secure process you can use for any Australian bank and helps speed up the application process.
- Income. This covers your employment situation and any other relevant forms of income, or other sources of wealth such as investments.
- Finances. This includes your share of household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and essential groceries. If you have other loans, you'll need to include details about those as well.
- No interest. This credit card does not charge interest, ever.
- Digital card. The Westpac Flex Card will be added to your Westpac app once your application is approved. You can also add it to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay mobile wallet – or to a fitness tracker that has Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay. You can also request a plastic card if you want one for your physical wallet.
- No late payment fees. If you miss the due date for making a minimum payment, you won't be charged a late fee. But you will need to pay at least the minimum amount before you can use the card again. To help you stay on track, your repayments are automatically direct debited from an account you nominate when you apply.
- 0% foreign transaction fees. There is no fee for paying with this card overseas or online with a business that's based overseas. That can save you 2–3% on foreign transaction fees charged by some credit and debit cards.
- Westpac Rewards and Offers. Get access to exclusive discounts and cashback offers when you use your card in-store or online. Just log in to your Westpac Online Banking account and go to the Rewards and Offers section to see the latest deals.
- Mastercard Priceless. This card gives you access to exclusive shopping, dining and travel offers available all around the world through the Mastercard network.
- Dynamic card verification code (CVC). Get an extra layer of security with a CVC that changes every 24 hours, helping protect your account against online fraud.
Rates and fees
- Monthly fee. The Westpac Flex Card charges a $10 monthly fee, which is waived if you pay the closing balance by the due date on each statement.
- Minimum repayments. You'll need to pay at least $40 by the due date on each statement to keep using the card. You can choose your repayment frequency, either once or twice monthly.
- Acceptance. You can use the Westpac Flex Card for payments anywhere Mastercard is accepted. But you won't be able to use it for cash advances, gambling transactions or balance transfers.