How to make repayments on your Westpac credit card
With a number of options available, making payments towards your Westpac card is quick and easy.
While you must make the minimum monthly payment, you also have the option of paying more each month. Paying as much as you can towards the outstanding balance will help minimise the interest you pay. Similar to many other credit card providers, Westpac gives its cardholders many options when it comes to repayments. Read on to discover which one is ideal for you,
How can I make repayments?
If you’re an existing Westpac credit card user, you can choose to make your repayments using any of the following:
If you don't have an existing Westpac transaction account, or if you don't want to use your Westpac transaction account to make credit card repayments, you can turn to BPAY. You need to initiate the payment using your bank's online banking platform, and require the following details:
- Biller name: Westpac Cards
- Biller code: 5181
- Reference number: Your Westpac credit card number
You can set up automatic payments using your Australian savings or transaction account. If you wish to set up automatic payments using an existing Westpac account, you can do so through online banking or by calling 1300 130 961 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week). To use an account with a different financial intuition, you have to take a completed Card Autopay Request form into any Westpac branch along with your ID.
When setting up your automatic repayments, you can choose to pay a set amount of the closing balance, a percentage of the closing balance, the minimum payment due or the full balance.
Transfer from an existing Westpac account
Existing transaction account holders with Westpac get three ways to make repayments towards their credit card accounts:
- Login to Westpac’s online banking platform and transfer funds from your transaction accounts to your credit card accounts
- Use Westpac’s phone banking platform and authorise payments towards your credit card accounts
- Make repayments by visiting your closest ATM and transferring funds from your transaction accounts to your credit card accounts
Make Payments at a Westpac Branch
If you live or work close to a Westpac branch, and if you don’t wish to make repayments using any of the aforementioned methods, you can simply walk into to a branch and make your repayments.
Most Westpac branches are open between 9:30 am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
There are a number of repayment options available to Westpac customers, so make sure to take advantage of the ideal one for you. If you don’t have a Westpac credit card and wish to get one, don’t forget to compare your options before applying.
How much do I have to repay every month?
- The greater of 2% of your closing balance or $10; and
- The greater of any unpaid past due amounts from previous statements or any amount that exceeds your credit limit.
- If your closing balance is less than $10, you must repay the full amount.
Compare Westpac credit cards
Frequently asked questions about repaying your Westpac credit card
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.