Everything you need to know about the St.George Amplify Rewards Program
Among the wide range of credit cards offered by financial giant St.George is their popular frequent flyer credit card. One of the main features of the St.George range of rewards credit cards is the ‘Amplify Reward Program’, which gives cardholders the chance to earn points that go towards a vast array of gifts and incentives.
But what exactly is the Amplify program, and how can you get your hands on some of the exciting rewards on offer?
Two choices with Amplify
When you have a card with St.George, you can choose between Amplify Rewards and Amplify Qantas Rewards.
Amplify Rewards program
With Amplify Rewards, you are able to redeem points towards lifestyle rewards. These can range from leisure and fitness activities and destinations to exotic locales around the world. Amplify Rewards offers rewards in the following categories:
- Leisure and Fitness
- Travel, including swapping your points for Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points, Virgin Velocity Points and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program
- Home-wares and appliances
- Gift cards
- Food and wine
- Entertainment and experiences
- Community (charitable donations)
If travel is on your mind, you can use Amplify Rewards Points towards travel options. You are able to book domestic and international flights with the world’s major airlines in addition to hotel and travel packages. You even book car hire through Amplify Travel.
The last category is devoted to community endeavours. If you are unsure about how to use your points, you can donate them to any one of a number of very reputable charitable organisations.
With the Amplify Visa Card, you’ll earn 1 Amplify Point for every $1 spent and the ability to earn bonus points with Amplify partners.
St.George Amplify Credit Cards Rewards Comparison
Amplify Qantas Rewards
If you are more interested in the flight advantages with a St.George Amplify rewards credit card, you can link your card to Amplify Qantas and start accruing Qantas Points towards airline miles. With Amplify Qantas, you can fly with not only Qantas but with 25 of Qantas’ airline partners. This means you’re then part of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and can exchange points not only for flights and fare upgrades but also items in the Frequent Flyer store.
- How to earn points with Amplify Qantas - When you apply for a St.George Amplify Visa Card and link it to Amplify Qantas, for a limited time, you will receive your Qantas Frequent Flyer member totally free, which is a saving of $89.50. If you sign up to the Qantas program your St. George Amplify Visa Card will earn Qantas Points at the rate of:
- 1 for every $2 you spend
- Double points when shopping with Qantas Partners
- Managing points - When you use Amplify Qantas, the points that you earn on your card will be credited to your account after the end of each statement cycle every month. You must remember to provide the Amplify Call Centre with your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and the rest is up to Amplify.
- Redeeming Amplify Points - Once you’re ready to redeem your points with St.George Amplify, you can go to the Amplify Rewards website to view all of the merchandise, entertainment, travel destinations the program has to offer.
Additional features with St.George Amplify Card
- Hot Rewards - To find out information on Amplify’s Hot Rewards, you will need to register online to receive the latest information via e-mail. The offers range from information on the latest products to ways you can make your Amplify points go even further. You can also receive information about deals and offers from our many Bonus Partners.
- Bonus Partners - When you receive your St.George Amplify card, you will soon discover that Amplify Rewards has partnered with some of Australia’s most reputable and leading businesses. This gives you more choice than ever before when using your card and earning points. Some of the partners include:
- Parkroyal hotels
- Crown hotels
- Pacific Magazines
- Always On Sale
- Preferred Seating
- Points Plus Pay - St.George Amplify gives you even more flexibility. With Points Plus Pay, you can load up your Amplify points with a cash amount. This will allow you to get the merchandise, travel reward and much more whenever you’d like.
- Keeping track of your points - For 24 hour access to your account to review your points, you can go to the St.George Amplify website. You can also call St.George Amplify Card Service for more information.
With your St.George Amplify card, you have more choices than ever to fly around the world, find the latest electronic gadget, see the latest show or dine at some of the finest restaurants that Australia has to offer. St.George knows its customers and wants to provide them with the outstanding advantages possible. BankSA also offer the BankSA Amplify Rewards Credit Card which is an identical offer to consider, particularly if you’re an Australian resident living in South Australia.
The ideal way to use the program
If you’re financially disciplined and organised you really can do well from an incentive scheme like this. The way to maximise your points earning potential is to use your credit card for almost 100% of any purchases you make in the month.
However, when you make these purchases using your credit card you should be setting aside the cash so that when your bill comes in you can pay it off in full without any interest being charged. That way you’ll earn all those reward points without having to pay a cent extra in interest charges.
It’s vital you always watch for when your bill is due as people have tried and failed to use this tactic because of missing payment deadlines.
How to apply St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card
If you think the St.George Amplify Rewards Credit Card is for you, click ‘Go to site’ to be safely redirected to the St.George Credit Card application page. You need to provide the following;
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (drivers license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide recent tax information.Back to top