If you’re in the police force, you may want to consider the Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card - designed specifically for you.
The Police Credit Union Visa Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers.
If you would like to compare the current range of Police Credit Union credit cards, click here.
The Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card allows you to conveniently manage your finances. You can access your funds 24/7 at any Visa terminal to check your balance or withdraw funds. This debit card can be used to pay for your bills and purchase items over the phone or online.
One of the major advantages that come with this Visa card is that it does not charge you account-keeping fees no matter what your balance. Since it is a Visa card, you can travel with it to any part of the world and you can access your funds in over 30 million locations worldwide.
Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card review
One of the important considerations is accessibility. Police Credit Union allows you to easily access and manage your account using Bank@Post if you need to make withdrawals or deposits. You can use your card to purchase items overseas and withdraw cash as well at any Visa terminal. You can also purchase items online or over the phone.
An important consideration is security and there are various security features available with this card. These include the smart chip which makes it difficult for the card to be skimmed, counterfeited or used for fraudulent transactions.
Features of the Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card
- Accessibility. You can access your money anywhere in the world with Visa. In Australia, you can check your balance and withdraw cash at any ATM. Police Credit Union recommends that you use rediATMs. When travelling abroad, you can access funds from Visa-branded ATMs. Visa cards are accepted in about 150 countries and there are over 30 million locations where you can use your debit card. You can also purchase items online, over the phone or via EFTPOS. Access is also available through Bank@Post for withdrawals and deposits.
- Security. Police Credit Union is ensuring that your visa card is safe and they have embedded the Visa card with a smart chip. Unlike magnetic strip cards, embedded microchip technology offers superior security features making the cards almost impossible to replicate. You also get added protection when you shop online with merchants who have Verified by Visa. Another security feature available with this Visa card is Guardian Fraud Protection Service, which provides increased security for overseas transactions.
- Visa entertainment. You have access to Visa Entertainment, which is an exclusive package that is offered to Visa Debit cardholders.
How to apply for the Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card
To apply for your Police Credit Union Visa Card, you must be 18 years of age, a member of the Australian police force and an Australian resident. You will be required to provide the information:
- Identification information. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, sex and more so the credit union can verify your identity. If available, you will need to also supply your driver’s license number.
- Contact details. You will be required to provide contact details such as your phone number and address.
- Employment information. Your employment details will be required at some point in your application and you will need to supply the name of your current employer and their contact information.
- Financial information. Under financial information, you will be required to list down your assets and liabilities, if any.
Manage your funds conveniently and enjoy worldwide access with the Police Credit Union Visa Debit Card. The Visa card is embedded with a microchip which gives you extra security.Back to top