HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package Review
Protect yourself against rising interest rates and enjoy a range of competitive features with a HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package.
If you’re looking for a fixed rate home loan to buy a property or refinance, the HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package combines a competitive, discounted rate with a loan split option and low fees.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package is available to both owner-occupier home buyers and property investors. You can lock in a competitive fixed interest rate on the loan for a period of one, two, three, four or five years, providing financial protection against future interest rate rises. Package customers can get discounted interest rates and avoid paying multiple fees in exchange for a single annual package fee.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package?
- Competitive fixed rate. The HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package offers the security and peace of mind of a fixed interest rate, allowing you to plan your budget to manage consistent repayment amounts.
- Loan split option. If you'd like to also take advantage of a variable interest rate and some of the features offered by other HSBC home loans, a loan split option is available.
- Repayment frequency. The HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package allows repayments on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis, whichever is more suitable for your financial situation.
- Interest rate discount. This loan offers interest rates with discounted rates built in as part of the package.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Package fee. $390. This fee is charged annually as part of the home loan package. By paying this you avoid paying several other loan fees, including establishment, valuation and settlement fees.
- Discharge administration fee: $300. This fee is charged when you finish the mortgage, either by paying it off or by refinancing.
How to apply
If the HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package sounds like the right loan for you, review the eligibility criteria above and then click the button at the top right-hand side of this page. This will allow you to contact HSBC directly or reach out to a mortgage broker to discuss your lending needs.
To apply for this loan, you'll need to provide:
- Your personal details. Supply your full name, email address and phone number, plus specify your preferred method of contact.
- HSBC customer details. You will need to specify whether or not you are already an HSBC customer.
- Loan details. Select the home loan you would like to find out more information about.
- Further information. In the additional information section, provide any extra details about your inquiry, for example the amount of money you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan.
If you want the security of a fixed interest rate, the HSBC Fixed Rate Home Loan Package has plenty of useful features. Before you decide whether or not it's the right loan for you, see how those features stack up against other fixed rate home loans available on the market.