The Mac home loans
Compare home loan rates from The Mac.
Competitive The Mac rates for...
- Home buyers. The The Mac Fixed Home Loan - 1 Year Special (Owner Occupier) has a 2.99% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The The Mac Fixed Home Loan - 3 Year (Investor) has a 3.29% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare The Mac home loans
Compare The Mac home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans.
The Mac lender profile
- The Mac started life in 1971 as the Clutha Employees Credit Union, which was founded in Camden NSW by miners and truck drivers. It rebranded as Macarthur Credit Union in 1978.
- This credit union has four branches in the Macarthur area, in Camden, Narellan, Picton and Tahmoor.
- In addition to mortgages, the Mac offers bank accounts, home insurance, car and personal loans and financial advice.
How do I apply for a The Mac mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from The Mac, please contact the lender directly.
Each The Mac product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with The Mac you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
UBank UHomeLoan Variable Rate - Discount Offer for Owner Occupiers, Variable P&I Rate(*now 2.59%, drops to 2.49% on 17 Jul)
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Suncorp Back to Basics Home Loan - Better Together Special Offer $150k+ LVR<=90% Incl. LMI (Owner Occupier, P&I)
Get one free online redraw per month and pay no ongoing fees. Application fees are waived for loans above $150,000. Refinance to an eligible Suncorp loan and get a cashback of $2,000 or $3,000, depending on your loan amount. Other conditions apply.
ME Flexible Home Loan Fixed with Members Package - 2 Year Fixed Rate LVR <= 80% (Owner Occupier, P&I)
Lock in a competitive rate for owner occupiers for two years. Comes with a 100% offset account.
Buy your home and lock in a low rate for the first two years. Get a $2,500 cashback when you switch to Virgin Money with a loan amount of $300,000 or more with an LVR up to 80%. You must apply by 28 August and settle by 30 October 2020.
Ask an Expert