The Mac home loans
Compare home loan rates from The Mac.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Competitive The Mac rates for...
- Home buyers. The The Mac Fixed Home Loan - 1 Year Special (Owner Occupier) has a 2.99% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The The Mac Fixed Home Loan - 3 Year (Investor) has a 3.29% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare The Mac home loans
Compare The Mac home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans.
The Mac lender profile
- The Mac started life in 1971 as the Clutha Employees Credit Union, which was founded in Camden NSW by miners and truck drivers. It rebranded as Macarthur Credit Union in 1978.
- This credit union has four branches in the Macarthur area, in Camden, Narellan, Picton and Tahmoor.
- In addition to mortgages, the Mac offers bank accounts, home insurance, car and personal loans and financial advice.
How do I apply for a The Mac mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from The Mac, please contact the lender directly.
Each The Mac product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with The Mac you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Sarah Megginson joins Finder to lead home loan editorial strategy
Highly regarded journalist and industry heavyweight Sarah Megginson has joined Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, to oversee the editorial strategy for its home loans vertical.
Investment loans almost halved in cost since COVID-19
While COVID-19 has delivered a number of economic challenges, there is one area where Australians have benefits – with investment loans now cheaper than they've ever been.
Refinancing avalanche: Australians to save $389 million
Christmas might be coming early for thousands of borrowers with a home loan, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Principal and interest home loans
Read Finder's guide to understanding principal and interest home loans.
Citi Rewards Card – Exclusive Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this exclusive Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan Review
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert