We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Goulburn Murray Credit Union (GMCU) has one credit card you can apply for: the low rate Amigo Visa. This card also has a low annual fee, a balance transfer offer and mobile payment options through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. You can use this guide to learn more about the Goulburn Murray Credit Union credit card, including how to apply.
Compare Goulburn Murray Credit Union credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Goulburn Murray Credit Union
Low rate credit cards
The GMCU Amigo credit card is a low rate account with an ongoing interest rate for retail purchases, cash advances and balance transfers (outside of any balance transfer offers). It has a competitive annual fee of $49 and offers contactless payments, including through your mobile device if it has Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. As there are many other low rate card on the market, it's worth comparing your options to decide which one is right for you.
The benefits of banking with Goulburn Murray Credit Union
Balance transfer option
If you have existing card debt that you want to pay off, you can move it to the GMCU Amigo credit card and will get an introductory interest rate of 5.49% p.a. for the first 6 months. Any remaining debt after that will be charged interest at the card's 12% p.a. interest rate.
As a Visa card, the GMCU Amigo credit card offers worldwide acceptance. You can also take advantage of shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers+Perks. Plus, you have the security of Visa's zero liability policy if your account is ever used for fraudulent transactions.
Contactless and mobile payments
When you're shopping in store, you can just tap to pay with your GMCU Amigo credit card. For purchases under $100, you won't even need to enter your PIN. You can also pay with your mobile device if it's got Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay on it – just add your card to your mobile wallet to start using it for payments.
Flexible banking options
You can manage your GMCU accounts at any time through Internet banking, phone banking (1300 652 822 or 03 5831 6666) or with the GMCU mobile app.
How to apply for a GMCU credit card
If you've decided you want the GMCU Amigo credit card, you can apply online by filling in a secure application form. To avoid confusion, it's worth noting that the application is hosted by Community First Credit Union, which is the issuer of this card (even though it's managed by GMCU). Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Australian residency status. You need to be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have outstanding credit defaults listed on your credit file.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your current work status, including your main source of income, job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for recent payslips, bank statements or your latest tax assessment notice to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other income and assets including savings or investments. You also need to provide details of existing credit cards, loans or other debts, as well as an estimate of your share of regular household spending.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your application, call GMCU on (03) 5821 9033 or visit a local branch.
More guides on Finder
Goulburn Murray Credit Union Amigo Credit Card
This Visa credit card offers low-cost and simple account features, plus mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.