Goulburn Murray Credit Union (GMCU) is a member-owned financial institution that's been operating in regional Victoria since 1963. It headquarters are in Shepparton, with other branches across the state. GMCU has one Visa credit card you can apply for: the amigo Credit Card, which has low-cost features, a balance transfer offer and mobile payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Compare Goulburn Murray Credit Union Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Goulburn Murray Credit Union
Low rate credit cards
The GMCU amigo is a low rate Visa credit card with an ongoing interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers (outside of any balance transfer offers). Its $49 annual fee is also competitive with other low rate credit cards on the market in Australia.
Benefits of a Goulburn Murray Credit Union credit card
Balance transfer offer
If you have existing card debt that you want to pay off, you can move it to the GMCU amigo Credit Card and get a low introductory interest rate of 5.49% p.a. for the first 6 months. Any remaining debt after that will be charged interest at the card's 12% p.a. interest rate.
The GMCU amigo credit card offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa network. It also gives you access to shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers+Perks. Plus, you get the security of Visa's Zero Liability Policy if your account is used for fraudulent transactions.
Contactless and mobile payments
GMCU credit cards can be used to tap and pay for in-store purchases and you won't need to enter your PIN if you spend under $100. You can also pay with your mobile device if it's got Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay on it. Just add your card to your digital wallet to start using it for payments.
Flexible banking options
You can manage GMCU credit cards and other accounts with internet banking, phone banking (1300 652 822 or 03 5831 6666) or with the GMCU mobile app.
How to apply
If you've decided you want the GMCU amigo credit card, you can apply online by filling in a secure application form. To avoid confusion, it's worth noting that the application is hosted by Community First Bank, which is the issuer of this card (even though it's managed by GMCU). Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Australian residency status. You need to be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have outstanding credit defaults listed on your credit file.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your current work status, including your main source of income, job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for recent payslips, bank statements or your latest tax assessment notice to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other income and assets including savings or investments. You also need to provide details of existing credit cards, loans or other debts, as well as an estimate of your share of regular household spending.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your application, call GMCU on (03) 5821 9033 or visit a local branch. Finder also has a guide with credit card application tips if you want more details on the process.
Credit card brands similar to Goulburn Murray Credit Union
If you want a credit card from a member-owned financial institution, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with GMCU:
Contact details and related links
- GMCU contact number: (03) 5821 9033
- 24/7 card support: 1800 648 027 in Australia
+61 2 8299 9101 overseas
- Goulburn Murray CU Secured Personal Loan
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
The best standing desk in Australia: Our top choice of the year
If you're looking for a standing desk for the home office, the Omnidesk Ascent is our #1 choice for 2023.
Fast NBN plans are now cheaper. Is it worth switching?
It's time to sort out your NBN plan for the new year.
Save $1,583 a year by using index funds instead of active trading | Dollar Saver tip #60
Invest in an index fund instead of actively trading stocks and you not only save on time and fees, you could be earning more in returns too.
5 perks you can score by upgrading your internet this year
SPONSORED: Upgrade your internet before the end of 2023 and get ahead on your life admin! We take a look at some of the benefits of a faster internet connection.
Aussies are struggling to save money, and Gen Z blame themselves
Young Australians cite overspending as the main reason for not reaching their financial goals.
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best places to exchange currency in Brisbane
Your guide to currency exchange in Brisbane, including how to get the best exchange rate.
Waiting for rates to fall? Don’t bank on it, says ANZ CEO
Addressing speculation that interest rates might fall in late-2024, ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott said he thought it was too optimistic.