You can turn to Fire Service Credit Union if you want a low rate or a platinum credit card
Types of Fire Service Credit Union credit cards
Fire Service Credit Union offers two types of credit cards and both come with MasterCard connections, so you can use them worldwide.
Low rate credit cards
A low rate credit card is typically a no-frills card that offers little more than a low interest rate. The MyCard Low Rate MasterCard that this credit union offers gives you the ability to avail of up to 55 interest free days on purchases and cardholders also get complimentary insurance covers. If you apply before a given date you can keep paying a discounted annual fee for the life of the card. This credit card comes with a special balance transfer offer.
Platinum credit cards
If you’re looking for a credit card that comes with a generous credit limit, rewards spending, and offers complimentary extras, a platinum card should do the trick. The Fire Service Credit Union MyCard Platinum MasterCard gives you the ability to earn rewards points when you make purchases and it also comes with a number of complimentary insurance covers as well as access to a platinum concierge service. If you apply before a given date, you can keep paying a discounted annual fee for the life of the card.
Advantages of Fire Service Credit Union credit cards
Getting a MyCard MasterCard from Fire Service Credit Union comes with its share of advantages, and here’s what you can expect.
Complimentary insurance covers
MyCard Low Rate MasterCard cardholders get complimentary purchase cover insurance as well as protection through its guaranteed pricing scheme. MyCard Platinum MasterCard cardholders get the same, plus complimentary international travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, and transit accident insurance.
As a Platinum MasterCard cardholder you can look forward to booking restaurant tables or tickets for movies, live shows, and concerts using a platinum concierge service.
When you use your MyCard Platinum MasterCard to make eligible purchases, each dollar you spend earns 1.25 reward points. Redeeming reward points presents you with multiple options.
How do I apply for a Fire Service Credit Union Credit Card?
Visiting the Fire Service Credit Union branch in Adelaide is one way, or you can apply for one over the phone. Another option is to download the application form from the Fire Service Credit Union website, and mail or fax it in once it’s complete. You can also apply online, and to get started simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button next to the card you choose. Don’t apply if you don’t meet the eligibility criteria, which include the following.
- You’re over 18 years of age
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian citizen
- You have good creditworthiness
- You earn a minimum of $25,000 p.a. to apply for the low rate card, and at least $35,000 p.a. to apply for the platinum card.
When filling out your application you’ll need to provide different kinds of details, so it’s worthwhile to start when you have access to the following:
- Personal information. This includes your name, date of birth, driver’s license number, marital status, number of dependents, home address, email address, and phone number.
- Professional details. These include your employment status and employer’s contact details. Self employed individuals and retirees should provide contact details of their accountants.
- Monthly financial position. This section requires details about your monthly income from all sources as well as your monthly expenditure. Expenditure includes living expenses, other recurring expenses, as well as loan and credit card payments.
What happens next?
After you submit your application a representative from Fire Service Credit Union might get in touch with you for extra information. You can also expect them to call your employer’s payroll department for income verification. If you’re new with Fire Service Credit Union you’ll have to go through a legally required identity verification process before you receive your card.
Frequently asked questions
People who wish to apply for Fire Service Credit Union credit cards often have questions, and here are answers to the ones asked most frequently.