From low rates to interest-free days on purchases and smartphone payment options, here are the features you can get with a credit card from Australian Unity Bank.
Australian Unity was previously known as Big Sky Building Society, which was re-branded in 2018 (following a merger in 2012). It offers a range of competitive products including cards, loans, transaction accounts and self-managed super funds, alongside Australian Unity insurance products.
Comparison of Australian Unity Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Australian Unity
The Australian Unity Low Rate Visa is designed to be a low-cost credit card, with a an annual fee of $59 p.a. If you want to share your credit card account with a partner or family members, you can also request up to 4 additional cardholders at no extra cost.
The 9.9% p.a. ongoing purchase rate makes it a competitive low rate option, while the interest-free days are a convenient benefit if you pay off your balance in full by the due date on each statement. However, it's worth noting that this card has a higher interest rate of 18.99% p.a. for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals or the purchase of foreign currency.
Benefits of getting an Australian Unity credit card
Here are some of the features and benefits you can get with a credit card from Australian Unity:
Australian Unity credit card offers competitive annual fee and you don’t have to pay extra fees for additional cardholders.
Contactless and mobile payments
The Australian Unity Low Rate Visa offers tap-and-go payments, with no need to enter a PIN if your purchase is under $100. If you have a smartphone with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay functionality, you can also add this card to your app and then pay straight from your device.
Get an extra layer of protection when you're shopping online, with Verified by Visa. You'll also receive protection through Visa's Zero Liability Policy, which offers you cover for unauthorised or fraudulent transactions.
Up to 10% off Australian Unity insurance
If you're a new customer, you can get up to 10% off your Australian Unity insurance when you use this credit card for direct debit payments and meet the other requirements. Check out the full terms and conditions or call Australian Unity on 1300 790 740 for more information.
How to apply for an Australian Unity credit card
You can apply for an Australian Unity credit card online in around 20 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- You’re an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You don’t have poor credit history
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, phone number, email address and residential status. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's license, passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. This includes details of your current job and salary, as well as your employer's contact detail. You may also need to provide recent payslips and information about your employment history.
- Financial details. This includes any other income, such as government benefits, as well as savings and assets such as property. You'll also need to share information about any existing debts, as well as ongoing household expenses such as rent, mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
Frequently asked questions
If you can’t find an answer to a question you have about these credit cards, you can use the form at the end of this page to ask.