With over 175 years of experience, Australian Unity offer mix and match policies to suit your needs.
Australian Unity is a national healthcare, financial services and retirement living organisation that provides its services to more than half a million Australians. Australian Unity have been in the industry for over 175 years and offer a variety of health insurance services.
Top 3 features
- Good for mixing and matching, tailoring your policy to meet your needs.
- No waiting periods for switchers
- Fast and easy claiming with the mobile app
Speak to a health insurance advisor
What you'll get:
- 100% free expert advice
- Pay the same as going direct
- Instant advice if you call 1300 594 882
Who is Australian Unity Health Insurance?
Australian Unity Health Insurance were established in 1840 in response to growing community needs that were not being met. Their aims today are to continue to find and help support the health and financial needs of the community, including both regional and urban areas.
What health insurance options are available?
Hospital only cover
Australian Unity offers five different hospital policies:
- Simple Hospital. Features include hospital cover for accidents and ambulance
- Standard Hospital (Bronze Plus). Cover includes the 18 clinical categories required for a Bronze rating as well as some added perks.
- Intermediate Hospital (Silver Plus). This product covers the 26 clinical categories required for a Silver rating and more.
- Advanced Hospital (Silver Plus). Includes eye (not cataracts), joint replacements and pregnancy and birth.
- Ultimate Hospital (Gold). This policy includes all 38 clinical categories required for a Gold rating.
Extras only cover
Australian Unity's standalone extras covers include Basic Extras, Standard Extras, Intermediate Extras, Classic Extras and Advanced 80%.
- Basic Extras. Basic Extras covers up to $950 per year on extras including general and preventative dental, optical, physio, chiro, osteo, natural therapies, remedial massage, pharmacy and travel vaccinations.
- Standard Extras. This policy provides up to $1,200 per year for the most common extras including general and preventative dental, physio, chiro, osteo, natural therapies and remedial massage, and crowns, bridges and dentures.
- Intermediate Extras. This policy allows you to claim up to $3,400 per person and offers cover for a broad range of services.
- Classic Extras. This high level extras option covers you for a broad range of extras and will allow you to claim back up to $6,730 per person.
- Advanced 80%. This policy entitles you to 80% back on all included extras and offers the highest limits of all the extras policies with cover for up to $8,500.
Combined hospital and extras
Australian Health Unity offer a range of mix and match combined hospital and extras cover. Depending on the level of coverage you want, you can choose between three tiers: Basic cover, Mid-range cover and High-level cover. Once you've decided which is the best option, you can choose which hospital and extras policies you want to combine.
Information on tiers
The new classification system - Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic - introduced by the Australian government on April 1 2019 means that Australian Unity have created a range of new policy options. Their Standard Hospital (Bronze Plus), Intermediate Hospital (Silver Plus) and Advanced Hospital (Silver Plus) all exceed the minimum standards set out by the government. That's why they are all classed as 'plus' categories.
There are a range of offers and perks available for Australian Unity members including:
- Up to 100% back on preventative dental with treatments including x-rays and custom mouthguards.
- Unlike some health providers, with Australian Unity you can keep seeing your favourite providers, from your dentist to physiotherapist.
- Many of Australian Unity's health covers offer Preventative Health Services to help you stay fit and healthy, including fitness training, weight loss and quit smoking programs.
How to make a claim
The claims process for Australian Unity varies depending on the type of service you need to claim.
If you need to make an extras claim you can do so in the following ways:
- On the spot. You can swipe your Australian Unity membership card on the spot by using your health care provider's HICAPS or CSC machine.
- Via the Australian Unity app. Australian Unity's mobile claiming app allows you to upload photos of your receipts to claim up to $300 at a time. The app is available from the App Store and Google Play.
- Online. You can log into your Australian Unity online account to submit your claim.
- Over the phone. You can call Australian Unity on 1800 807 144 to get your claim processed over the phone.
- By mail, email or fax. The final option is to download a health cover claim form from the Australian Unity website, complete the form, attach your receipts and send everything off to the postal address, email address or fax number listed on the form
Overseas visitors or Students
If you're planning on visiting or working in Australia, Australian Unity have options available to make sure you get the right level of health insurance as part of your visa requirements.