Compare Bupa Health Insurance and find the right cover for you.
Bupa is a trusted name in the Australian health industry and is one of the funds that make up the 'Big Four' health insurers. Bupa Australia is part of Bupa Group, which provides services to over 32 million members in 190 countries. They are also offer pet insurance, travel insurance, life insurance, car insurance and home insurance.
Keep reading to find out more about the benefits and policies available from Bupa.
What Bupa Health Insurance options are available?
- Budget Hospital. Full cover for vital treatments, while more complex or elective procedures are only partially covered.
- Standard Hospital. Allows you to claim full cover for some services that are restricted under the Budget Hospital policy.
- Top Hospital. Complete private hospital cover for a wide range of treatments and services including pregnancy.
- Bronze Extras. Affordable cover for essential out of hospital services including general dental, optical and physiotherapy.
- Your Choice Extras. Build your own custom extras policy and choose up to any four services to be covered. Emergency ambulance transport is also included as standard.
- Silver Extras. Mid-range cover that includes major dental, orthodontics, psychology consultations and more.
- Gold Extras. Includes the same services as Silver Extras but covers a larger percentage of fees and has higher annual benefit limits.
- Platinum Extras. Covers the highest percentage of fees and has the highest annual benefit limits.
- Simple Start
- Active Saver
- Young Singles Saver
- Young Couples Saver
- Young Singles Choice
- Young Couples Choice
- Growing Family
- Budget Family
- Established Family
- Prime Plus
- Ultimate Health Cover
- Emergency Only Ambulance Cover. Insures you for the cost of emergency road and air ambulance transport Australia wide.
- Premium Ambulance Cover. Provides an additional $5,000 benefit for non-emergency road and air ambulance trips.
Bupa also offers a host of plans for businesses which allow them to provide adequate cover to employees and their family. Currently, it provides this service to over 2,900 Australian companies.
Bupa broader health programs
- Online tools and calculators, such as an online health assessment and pregnancy planning tool.
- Self-management programs for conditions like back pain, osteoarthritis and asthma.
- Member Support programs help members manage conditions such as heart disease, heart attack recovery and more.
- Living Well programs, which are included on selected extras policies and provide benefits for gym memberships, kids’ swimming lessons, pilates and yoga classes and weight management programs.
Make lodging claims easier with the Bupa app