- Basic Plus Starter is the cheapest plan on Finder to cover joint reconstruction, lung and chest; and miscarriage and termination of pregnancy.
- It's popular. Bupa is the second-largest health insurer by market share, just behind Medibank.
- Flexibility – with Bupa FLEXtras, you can pick the extras you'll actually use.
- Bupa had proportionally fewer complaints than other funds including HCF and nib*.
- Bupa is for-profit, which might matter to some people who want to look for a not-for-profit health fund.
- Gold Complete may not be the best value option for top tier cover. While it's very comprehensive and costs around $189.99 a month, Bupa's Silver Plus Advanced covers most Gold tier treatments from around $156.25 a month.