AIA Health Insurance Review
AIA Health Insurance offers a wide range of hospital and extras policies, along with a popular rewards program that unlocks more health insurance benefits.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AIA Health Insurance recently revamped their selection of hospital policies into a Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold tier structure. They also offer a wide range of extras policies you can combine with your hospital policy, giving you lots of choice and lots of protection. Each policy they offer gives you the opportunity to enrol in the AIA Vitality wellness program, offering even more value in the form of discounts, vouchers and more.
Top 3 features
- A quality choice for people who want combined hospital and extras that they can mix and match to create customised cover.
- Good for people who want access to a fully featured rewards program.
- Keep an eye out for regular sign up offers with AIA Health and AIA Vitality.
Speak to a health insurance advisor
What you'll get:
- 100% free expert advice
- Pay the same as going direct
- Instant advice if you call 1300 594 882
Who is AIA Health?
AIA is a relatively new health insurance brand, originally launched in Australia myOwn in 2017. The result of a partnership between life insurer AIA Australia, not-for-profit health fund GMHBA, AIA is a unique product in Australia's health insurance market.
What health insurance options are available?
With AIA Health Insurance, you can choose from 7 levels of hospital cover:
- Basic Hospital Accident.
- Basic Plus Hospital Starter.
- Bronze Hospital Essential.
- Bronze Plus Hospital Everyday.
- Silver Hospital Classic.
- Silver Plus Hospital Advantage.
- Silver Plus Hospital Ultimate.
In terms of extras policies, these are available only in combination with one of the hospital policies above. Some hospital and extras policies can't be combined. For example, you can't combine the lowest level of hospital cover with the highest level of extras cover.
AIA Member perks
AIA Health comes bundled together with the AIA Vitality health and wellness program that rewards members for their healthy habits.
This program offers:
- Discounts on flights, shopping, spa treatments and more.
- Gym membership discounts.
- The ability to earn hundreds of dollars in gift vouchers.
- Access to an online portal to track your health and learn healthy habits.
- A 5% discount on your premiums that you can keep as long as you hit certain health targets.
How to make a claim with AIA Health Insurance
There are several ways you can submit a claim on your AIA policy:
- Electronically. If you have a combined hospital and extras policy, you can swipe your AIA membership card to make a claim on the spot at any healthcare provider that supports the HICAPS electronic claims system.
- Online. You can log extras claims online through the AIA member's portal. You'll need to upload your receipt within two months of receiving treatment.
- By post. You can fill out a paper claim form and post it to AIA along with your itemised invoice, or you can lodge medical claims at your nearest Medicare office via a two-way claim.
Any benefits you are entitled to will be paid directly into your nominated bank account.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Power outage in Victoria: Don’t forget to claim for food spoilage
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
You might like these...
Ask an Expert